Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• orlybayu
    orlybayu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    orlybayu wrote: »
    A few goals I have for today:
    1. Stay under 200 cal. in snacks.
    2. Eat slower.
    3. Drink at least 4 bottles of water.

Didn't stay under 200 cal. in snacks and only drink 3ish bottles of water. Ate a bit slower, but sometimes I forget to be mindful when I eat :/.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Goals for Tuesday
    - Log everything
    - Be in the green
    - Take meds
    - Walk dog
    - Compile Day 1 - 5 of BDS
    - Drink 4 cups of water
    - Stop eating junk.

May Goals
    March Weight: 12st 6lb
    April Weight 12st 5lb
    Current Weight: 12st 5lb
    Target Weight: 10st 7lb
    Lbs to lose this month: 4

Strive for progress, not perfection.

• tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Only did a few of my goals yesterday, not sure why but felt a bit stubborn! Maybe the list was too long and strict. Still the scale was going in the right direction this morning.
    So jft tues....
    Guitar lesson
    Stay under calories
    Bike walk or YouTube class, whichever
    At least 20 mins woodwork
    Check back in!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Tuesday goal - "Compile Day 1-5 of BDS

Day 1 -- Create a index card saying why you want to lose weight. Done.

What do you think of this @joan6630 - it's two sides so green one one side red on the other.
    096A2823-AF81-472C-A7D8-006E1796DC61_zpsgyjqz6nz.jpg
    1886B7B2-7967-4456-A24D-2504DDAAB6A3_zpsfdrbknlk.jpg

Day 2- pick a diet plan you wish to follow. Calorie counting complimented with low carb

Day 3 of the Beck Diet Solution:
    Eat only when sitting down!!!! Create a Response card reminding myself to eat only while sitting.
    Continuous goals - Will make card tonight.

Task for Day 4: Give Yourself Credit [/b] Im going to write down my credits in my journal. How often though?

Task for Day 5: Eat Slowly and Mindfully. Continuous goal - will add this to a card
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Pretracked meals/snacks. Getting rid of fudge (DH to take to work)
    walk dog at favorite park.
    Going to listen to Half Size Me webinar.
    Weight lifting-increased almost all my weights!
    Research some abdominal exercises, HIIT & metabolic reset.
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    Have a protein shake this afternoon if hungry.
    20 min nap/meditative breathing.
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    To keep myself distracted this evening, I will try hemming my curtains.
    10 pm bedtime.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. Winston Churchill
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

05-15-2017
    :) 10,000+ steps - 12K+
    :| Water, Water,Water - not as much as I wanted, but good
    :) stay under 50 calories to help make up for Sunday - way more with exercise calories
    :) Iron Maiden workout for Thunderbird points - in my own special uncoordinated way.

05-16-2017
    • 11,000 steps
    • Water - 64 oz or more
    • Stay under 50 calories to help make up for Sunday
    • Try to do a real pushup, if can't do, do girly pushups
    • Contact the resume writer
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Recap M 5/15
    1) Keep net calories in the green! Finally! :smiley:
    2) After work, dig tea roses for co-workers / dig out compost bin = no, rained as I left office, do this later in the week. Instead I kept busy by washing the pile of dirty dishes and packing up all the Easter decorations (3 big boxes!). :smile:
    3) Floss = Day 3 :smiley:
    4) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off = 10:13 :smiley:

Just for today T 5/16
    1) Keep net calories in the green...going for two days in a row :wink:
    2) During webinar at noon, pace in office
    3) Floss
    4) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off...want to walk dog W a.m. before work

@OConnell5483 Good for you, going to The Attic again. Have a terrific time in Chicago. I'm sure the time off will be good for your soul. :smile:
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Tuesday goal - "Compile Day 1-5 of BDS

Day 1 -- Create a index card saying why you want to lose weight. Done.

What do you think of this @joan6630 - it's two sides so green one one side red on the other.
    096A2823-AF81-472C-A7D8-006E1796DC61_zpsgyjqz6nz.jpg
    1886B7B2-7967-4456-A24D-2504DDAAB6A3_zpsfdrbknlk.jpg

[/b]

LOVE IT!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Monday, May 15
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water. :)
    3. only ONE diet soda for the day :) This was hard --- but I am starting to like Ice tea (with some splenda in it!)
    4. Read the advantages response card 4x :)
    5. sit down while I eat anything - even a snack :/
    6. give myself credit for the positives I do :)
    7. eat slowly :/ Much harder than I thought - I have to really concentrate on this one!

JFT, Tuesday, May 16
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. only 1 diet soda
    4. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning
    5. go to the gym or walk
    6. read the advantages response card at least 4 times
    7. sit down everytime I eat - concentrate on looking at what I am eating
    8. EAT SLOWLY. Put down the fork between bites
    9. sip on water in the evenings
    10. give myself credit for any positives I do today

• mytime6630
    edited May 2017
    Options
    BDS - Day 6

The task today is simple:
    FInd a Diet Coach.

SO I am hoping all of you guys will be my diet coach :)

TO-DO list for today
    read advantages response card four times
    give yourself credit for any positives you do
    eat slowly
    eat only when sitting down
    find a diet coach or support group
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

Pretracked meals/snacks. Getting rid of fudge (DH to take to work)

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. Winston Churchill

Good for you having DH take the fudge to work.!!!
    Love your quote also!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    BDS - Day 6

FInd a Diet Coach.

TO-DO list for today
    eat slowly

Haha as long as you're mine!!
    What does it require to be a diet coach?
    Is it just making sure you stick to your diet or provide recipes, and nutrition info?
  • mytime6630
    Options
    BDS - Day 6

FInd a Diet Coach.

TO-DO list for today
    eat slowly

Is it just making sure you stick to your diet or provide recipes, and nutrition info?

Its doing what all you guys do already -- encouraging each other along, supporting each other. Yes -- I'll be your coach, and you can be mine!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    BDS - Day 6

FInd a Diet Coach.

TO-DO list for today
    eat slowly

Its doing what all you guys do already -- encouraging each other along, supporting each other. Yes -- I'll be your coach, and you can be mine!

I best stop slacking then :sweat_smile:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    1. Stay in the green :)Done deal!
    2. Hydrate :)Yup!
    3. Teach my class this afternoon with a smile on my face and in my voice :DMy class went awesome today!
    The doctors were really nice and seemed to enjoy the class. They told me they really were excited to start using the software, so I was really pleased!!!

4. Go with a new hair color tonight at my appointment....some funny and sassy new highlights and lowlights B)Yup! Got done with teaching class just in time! Got highlights and some reddish lowlights added to my brunette hair and got my hair spiffied up for my girls' weekend in Chicago! So excited!
    5. Get my steps in :)I did! I reached my new goal number 3 days in a row now. Pretty happy considering the orthopedic surgeon told me today he thinks I have a torn meniscus again. MRI next Tuesday and possible surgery. :(
    6. Read my Advantages response cards x4 :)I did. I love this idea. I am rewriting mine because I like the way Bex's looks better. Mine are hard to read...too wordy. Imagine that! Hahaha!
    7. Eat only when sitting down and eat slowly :(I really suck at this one!
    8. Start a list of what to pack for my trip :)Started planning
    9. Be grateful for all that I was blessed enough to wake up with today. :DI had a fantastic day yesterday!

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I need to get caught up on the steps for the Beck Diet Solution and get busy. I'm a little behind, but I did borrow the book from the library so I can read it too. :) Thanks Joan!

I just bought tickets to the Medieval Times Dinner Show in Chicago for Saturday. My daughter and I are going. I think it will be a blast! (She is 36 so we have a lot of fun together on our getaways!) Getting very excited. I need this time away soooo badly!

I think part of my depression lately has been because I really wanted to lose SO MUCH WEIGHT before this weekend because I only see these girls once a year and I wanted to look good and feel comfortable in a swim suit laying by the pool. When I realized it was not going to happen, I just didn't care anymore. But now I'm back at it and my attitude is good again. These women could care less what I weigh or look like!

So...Just for Tuesday:
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Hydrate
    3. Meet my step goal
    4. Finish my to-do list in preparation for the trip
    5. Read my Advantages Response cards four times (Did I tell you my granddaughter wrote on the bottom of one of these I had in the kitchen? She wrote "Grandma, you are beautiful just the way you are". So sweet!)
    5. Paint my nails tonight
    6. Get bills paid tonight
    7. Get to bed early so I can get up early, work early and be done early tomorrow to begin my vaca!!!!

Have a great day!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Just a quick one for you all..

Do you ever just.. write off days?
    I had the choice today. Pizza or salad
    I bought the fecking pizza didn't I!
    Ate the whole thing

I'm still within my calories ATM but won't be after tea but I don't think I'll be massively over as I'm having a small portion because I'm not that hungry anyway.

But I just feel like writing today off.

What I have learnt though. Is what a trigger of mine is.
    If I forget to take my tablets (antidepressants and thyroxine) first thing in the morning.
    Then I eat crap allllllll day!

I've got chocolate bars hidden in a teapot for crying out loud!
    I need to rid myself of these triggers don't I?

I really want to do well on this BDS.
    Not making a good start though!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I need to get caught up on the steps for the Beck Diet Solution and get busy. I'm a little behind, but I did borrow the book from the library so I can read it too. :) Thanks Joan!

I think part of my depression lately has been because I really wanted to lose SO MUCH WEIGHT before this weekend because I only see these girls once a year and I wanted to look good and feel comfortable in a swim suit laying by the pool. When I realized it was not going to happen, I just didn't care anymore. But now I'm back at it and my attitude is good again. These women could care less what I weigh or look like!

Have a great day!

Tracie - I do this every year when my high school girlfriends come down - think I am going to lose 30 lbs. But ... its never happened. Your friends will not care one bit what you weigh or how you look in a swimsuit. So I hope you have a wonderful time, and don't worry about any of that.

I am now where I just want to be back in control of my life, and not let food rule me. If I can do that, maybe next summer when my friends come, or any other thing comes up in life, which for me is often, then I can look good ALL the time, not just for one occassion.

I'm glad you found the book. I find it so enlightening - its making me realize how I got the way I look!

Have a awesome time this weekend!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Just a quick one for you all..

Do you ever just.. write off days?
    I had the choice today. Pizza or salad
    I bought the fecking pizza didn't I!
    Ate the whole thing

I'm still within my calories ATM but won't be after tea but I don't think I'll be massively over as I'm having a small portion because I'm not that hungry anyway.

But I just feel like writing today off.

What I have learnt though. Is what a trigger of mine is.
    If I forget to take my tablets (antidepressants and thyroxine) first thing in the morning.
    Then I eat crap allllllll day!

I've got chocolate bars hidden in a teapot for crying out loud!
    I need to rid myself of these triggers don't I?

I really want to do well on this BDS.
    Not making a good start though!

Hey -don't feel bad. I have a pizza in the oven right now! We are so busy, I just don't have time to fix anything else. but .... that is life. But ..... stay away from those chocolate bars :)
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 I take psychiatric meds too! For the longest time I always forgot to take them. I met the DH and he got me to start taking them regularly again. In the very beginning, I kept my meds with me in my bag so that if I did forget I could take them right away. And now, four years and a wedding later, I keep them next to my bed and take them before I go to sleep every night. It's so engrained in me now that I feel like I've missed something if I forget to take them, and it feels effin AMAZING to be stable, especially for the last 4 years. Once you figure out what works for you then it'll become a habit and then you'll be golden!

@joan6630 I'm pretty far behind in the Beck Solution days. Lol. I eat a lot in bed. We live in a two room house(a bedroom and a main room). I spend a lot of time in the bedroom on my laptop or tablet when DH is playing video games or when I'm winding down before bed and a lot of time there is food involved. So I'm always sitting but a lot of the time I'm propped up in bed. It drives the DH crazy. So I think I'll tweak that one to eating in the main room. I need to make new Response Cards too! I wrote one out on a flimsy piece of paper at work, so I will make a bunch more and put them all over the house/car/teller station. I have started to pay attention to eating slower over the last like two weeks or so. And that has been helping. DH looks at me kind of funny but it seems to be helping.