Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Although this pad is killing me and takes a lifetime to load I can't stay away!
    So fear not @HGSmith0920 I shall be posting!!

Goals for Sunday
    - Be in the green
    - Search for more recipes with minced and diced beef! (Suggestions welcome)
    - Long walk/home workout
    - Go over finances for next week with partner
    - Drink more waterrrr
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    So much for posting my goals for today...but that's because I pulled a dummy this morning. Lol. Last night I set my morning alarm clock for 7:15am. Well it went off this morning and I went to set it for 7:25am so I could get a few more minutes of sleep and my snooze button isnt long enough. Well, I never ended up turning it on AND when I reset it I must have hit the hour button and somehow added an hour to the time. So I wake up about fifteen minutes later and see that the alarm clock now says 8:30 and I was supposed to be a half an hour away at work by 8:45. Well I run out the door and text my manager and tell her that I was going to be late. I get about ten minutes away from the house and finally look at my dashboard clock on my car and realize it's only 7:45. I verify it with my phone and shout a whole bunch of expletives in my car. Lol. So I take a quick turn and head to my former job at Wawa(a higher-end convenience store on the East Coast of US) and saw a bunch of my old coworkers. And I'm glad I did because I got updated on my stock and some new information that made me really REALLY happy. Lol So it was a good thing that I left early. Lol. And work was INSANELY busy because the bank is in a shore town right by the beach and there was a boat show tonight and boat races tomorrow. So there were all sorts of people all day. I think I've did more transactions in four hours than I ever have in 6 hours, since I've been with the company! But nevertheless it was a great day!

But in that, I didnt post any goals or do any physical activity. I did take really long nap though which was much needed. So here are my goals for Sunday!

1. Log all food and stay in green
    2. Finish food shopping
    3. Go to the late service at church
    4. Do financial research
    5. Eat yummy healthy food
    6. Nap if I want to
    7. Take a walk
    8. Be in bed with tablet off by 11pm(I'm off on Monday)
    Have a great night/day everyone!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Recap Sat. 5/20 - keeping it very simple:
    Making homemade spaghetti sauce so brother can carb-load for his marathon tomorrow. Doesn't mean I get to eat unlimited amounts too. Watch portions and log food today. Drink my water.

Logged all food and end results pretty red. Oh well, I had fun with hubby during day and when brother / SIL came for dinner and to spend the night. And SIL brought wine. I'll start over on Sunday. I'll log in later, tonight it's early to bed, since brother has to leave by 5:45 A.M. (egads) for the race and I'm going with them.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    SO late getting on here today, and didn't get on here at all yesterday! We had a storm thursday nite - knocked out our power at 5 am. We were not restored power until 4 pm, but then it went off again. More storms last nite. Thankfully, we did not have any huge trees down like our neighbors - one tree that the wind blew over -- roots and all - and it hit the neighbors house.

But... having said that ... didn't do so well yesterday. But ... at least I am getting my workouts in.

So I won't post my goals for today since the day is almost over.

But my goals for tomorrow will be simple:
    1. get back to logging food
    2. try and stay within 1200-1300 calories
    3. lay out clothes tonite to go to the gym tomorrow morning
    4. going over to some friends for dinner - so eat a light lunch, and eat sensibly at their house. I'm not sure what they are having, but take small portions
    5. drink water. I bought some "water flavorings" to help me with drinking more water. Even though now hubby does't even want me to drink the sweetener!! Hey --- I gave up soda --- at least let me have my sweetener!!
    6. read my Advantages Response cards 4 x
    7. eat only when sitting down
    8. concentrate on eating slowly

For those of you still wanting to follow along the Beck Diet Solution, yesterdays goal was to schedule your time for meal preparation, meal planning, exercise, etc. I have not done this yet, ..... but I did take about a hour to try and plan at least next weeks dinners. Breakfast and lunch are easy for me --- dinner is where we get in trouble, and snacking after dinner. So going to see if I can follow my plans.

Day 9 goal is to plan a exercise plan. This is easy for me, as I usually get to the gym 3-4 times a week, and walk a lot, and now I try and take a zumba class at least 2-3 times a week.

• mytime6630
    Options
    I want to join

LOVE to have you join us!! Anyone is welcome to join, and it is so encouraging to see others goals, and to keep each other going! So please do join us!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    These are instructions from the book "the Beck Diet Solution". It is about Cognitive Behavior Therapy, to think like a thin person. Everyday you get a assignment for 6 weeks.

I am trying to help myself with this, and will post each days tasks.

But here is a recap of the first 9 days for anyone wanting to join me:

Day 1 -- Create a index card saying why you want to lose weight. Make duplicates of these, and place them in places where you see them - like in the car, in the kitchen, in the office.
    Read these at least four times a day, every day

Day 2- pick a diet plan you wish to follow. Whether it be low carb, calorie counting, etc.
    (This was easy for me, since I am just counting calories.)

Day 3
    Eat only when sitting down!!!! Create a Response card reminding myself to eat only while sitting.
    (read this everyday also)

Day 4: Give Yourself Credit for any positives that you do each day Don't focus on where you failed.

By consciously giving yourself credit, you'll reinforce your self-confidence and build an awareness that you're strong and in control. When you give yourself credit everytime you do something right, through, you can more easily see such slips as momentary mistakes, not earthshaking events, and you can head off a sense of hopelessness. (this also will be hard for me to do, but I'm working on it)

Day 5: Eat Slowly and Mindfully

Day 6: FInd a Diet Coach.
    (easy, since I am using you guys as my "diet coaches!"

Day 7
    Arrange your environment. Hide trigger foods out of the way - or get them out of the house.

Day 8:
    Create time and energy. Look at your week ahead, and schedule dieting into your daily schedule.

Set aside times each day when you will exercise, prepare meals, plan meals, etc.

For many of us, this is hard. I have not done this yet ..... but I sat down today and took about a hour to try and plan next weeks dinners. Lunch and breakfast are easy for me -- but dinner is harder.

Day 9 is to plan a exercise plan.
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @azulvioleta6 we miss you! I hope all is well. I am enjoying the zumba classes ---- I'm now taking them about 3x a week (and I'm not quite as sore as I was :) )

But we miss you,and hope to see you on here soon!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Pretracked meals/snacks. Still need supper, lunch is salad w/protein.
    Going to listen to Half Size Me webinar.
    Weight lifting-Push to failure on my weights.
    20 mins walk with dog in afternoon.
    Research some abdominal exercises, HIIT & metabolic reset.
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    20 min nap/meditative breathing.
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    Evening snack will have to be a healthy protein.

I'm so determined...Best intentions to go to gym after church today. I've mastered completing my weight routine in 30-40 mins. Occasionally I have to stare down a fellow gym goer on their phone & "hanging out on the equipment". In my best Boston accent I say "you all set with that??"....works every time

We teach others how to treat us.

• Saragirl2
    Options
    Joan, great advice on your latest post-thank you!
  • pattistange
    pattistange Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Happy Sunday. I drank all my water yesterday, but didn't go to the gym
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,334 Member
    Options
    I made my goals for yesterday: gym & cook squash. for today:goes without saying to stay in green on calories
    Swim , volunteer at animal rescue
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2017
    Options
    JFT, sunday
    3. lay out clothes tonite to go to the gym tomorrow morning :)Already got this taken care of!
    4. going over to some friends for dinner - so eat a light lunch, and eat sensibly at their house. I'm not sure what they are having, but take small portions
    5. drink water. I bought some "water flavorings" to help me with drinking more water. Even though now hubby does't even want me to drink the sweetener!! Hey --- I gave up soda --- at least let me have my sweetener!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Thanks for the post @joan6630
    Gonna have to start from day 1 again!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    I've been failing at eating slowly the last few days so I'm gonna try and take that up again! Actually, I've been failing at the whole Becks Solution Plan all-together. Although I sent myself an email with my Advantages list and read it when I'm at work. I think I might send another one to my personal email and see if I can get it to stay at the top of my inbox so I can read it every time I check my email. Lol.

I've had a good day so far. Went to the late service at church(a lot of young children which was kind of distracting, so I don't think we'll do that again) and had a really good time. Had a good visit with my parents and told them about a whole bunch of plans that we have for the next few months. I made some really awesome BLT's with turkey bacon, clean mayo, spinach and sliced tomatoes on grain bread. They were bodacious. The Penguin's game is about to come on, then I think I'm gonna go for a walk since it's really really really nice out! Then a quick run to the food store later tonight after most everyone has finished their shopping! Lol

I stayed in the green last night though! And I noticed that a pair of my favorite jeans are a little bit looser which is extra specially nice!

Have a great day everyone!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    OH! And welcome @Evamutt Good to see you here! I hope this helps you as much as it is helping me!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Actually, I've been failing at the whole Becks Solution Plan all-together!

Same here lol
    Been so busy I don't even think about it!
    I really need to commit to it! I'm starting day 1 again tomorrow
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    JFT, sunday
    3. lay out clothes tonite to go to the gym tomorrow morning :)Already got this taken care of!

Joan,
    I have to force myself to sit down while I eat. It does make a difference.
    I like Truvia as a sweetener & I bake with it sometimes.
    You've got a great plan in place.

• Saragirl2
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm going to try to be asleep by 10:30. It's been on my list for months so I'm trying a different approach!
    Good night!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Been on holiday for two weeks so haven't been logging or counting calories, but I tried to be sensible about food whilst away and as such didn't put any holiday weight on! :D

Back logging now properly - and I'm going to go back to my previous rule of for every day I don't log, I have to have two alcohol-free days the following week. This is helpful for me - and also helps cut down the booze a bit which is a good thing!

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita and maybe 2 max of the sweets I brought for my colleagues (social norm after hols - very bad for dieting!)
    - Go to gym after work
    - Stay within calories with 400+ calorie deficit after gym (need to build up a deficit as over eating occasion coming up next weekend!)

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Don't procrastinate - get something done today
    - Spend some time - but not all day! -planning June workload

Have a good Monday everyone!