Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Been on holiday for two weeks so haven't been logging or counting calories, but I tried to be sensible about food whilst away and as such didn't put any holiday weight on! :D

Back logging now properly - and I'm going to go back to my previous rule of for every day I don't log, I have to have two alcohol-free days the following week. This is helpful for me - and also helps cut down the booze a bit which is a good thing!

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita and maybe 2 max of the sweets I brought for my colleagues (social norm after hols - very bad for dieting!)
    - Go to gym after work
    - Stay within calories with 400+ calorie deficit after gym (need to build up a deficit as over eating occasion coming up next weekend!)

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Don't procrastinate - get something done today
    - Spend some time - but not all day! -planning June workload

Have a good Monday everyone!

You have some great goals here! Very inspiring.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Pretracked meals/snacks.
    Need to switch to a deficit in calories. Will read up on this to see where I should set a goal.
    Going to listen to Half Size Me webinar.
    Weight lifting-Push to failure on my weights.
    20 mins walk with dog in am, raining but will still enjoy!
    Research some abdominal exercises, HIIT & metabolic reset. Found some ab exercises to do at home. Too awkward for me to do in gym!
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    20 min nap/meditative breathing.
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    Preplan meals with deficit in mind.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Action = motivation

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Been on holiday for two weeks so haven't been logging or counting calories, but I tried to be sensible about food whilst away and as such didn't put any holiday weight on! :D

Back logging now properly - and I'm going to go back to my previous rule of for every day I don't log, I have to have two alcohol-free days the following week. This is helpful for me - and also helps cut down the booze a bit which is a good thing!

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita and maybe 2 max of the sweets I brought for my colleagues (social norm after hols - very bad for dieting!)
    - Go to gym after work
    - Stay within calories with 400+ calorie deficit after gym (need to build up a deficit as over eating occasion coming up next weekend!)

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Don't procrastinate - get something done today
    - Spend some time - but not all day! -planning June workload

Have a good Monday everyone!

Welcome back == we missed you!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    sunday
    1. get back to logging food :)
    2. try and stay within 1200-1300 calories :) at 1345 calories, but I'll take that!
    3. lay out clothes tonite to go to the gym tomorrow morning :)Already got this taken care of! :)
    4. going over to some friends for dinner - so eat a light lunch, and eat sensibly at their house. I'm not sure what they are having, but take small portions :)
    5. drink water. I bought some "water flavorings" to help me with drinking more water. Even though now hubby does't even want me to drink the sweetener!! Hey --- I gave up soda --- at least let me have my sweetener!! :)
    6. read my Advantages Response cards 4 x :)
    7. eat only when sitting down :)
    8. concentrate on eating slowly :)

We went to friends house for dinner last nite - they had baked salmon. I am not a "salmon" lover, but his was delicious. COme to find out -- he marinates the salmon in BROWN SUGAR!! Yikes! I'm not sure how many calories that would add to salmon, but it was good, and I had just 1 small piece.

JFT, Monday
    1. log all food
    2. drink 8+ cups water
    3. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning.
    4. Already did 60 min at gym - try and get out for a walk again tonite. Beautiful day out
    5. read my advantage response cards 4 x
    6. eat only when sitting down
    7. concentrate on eating slowly
    8. mediate. think of all positives in my life
    9. sip water in the evening
    10. eat only planned snack -- a orange this afternoon, 2 cups of popcorn tonite
    11. plan tomorrows meals

• mytime6630
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Back from visiting my sister in North Carolina. Good visit, though I'm distressed to see how thin my sister is. She has muscular dystrophy, which affects her swallowing--she eats very slowly. They do not serve a lot of food at their meals, so I came home weighing the same as when I left--which is a good thing, then I've lost another pound since then. Must be all that gardening--(or an empty refrigerator!) planted some herbs this week, and was excited to see that the spinach and arugula that were planted earlier are about 4-5 inches tall---they were only "baby" size when I left home. I've enjoyed catching up on all your activities and comments--this blog has become a regular part of my day!

Glad to see you back! And congrats on losing 1 pound. Your veggies sound great - I would love to plant veggies, but the deer eat everything I plant!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

I cannot stand my belly! When I walk past the mirror at the gym I'm so disappointed. Yesterday, I had the same feeling while working out and I became self conscious. But then a positive thought came into my mind....I'm working hard at this, it won't happen overnight, if people at the gym are watching me, then keep watching...and see what happens. I won't give up b/c I'm concerned about what others think. This is for me! Frankly, most of the people at he gym have been friendly so why this stuff pops into my head, I have no idea!

Push to failure! Keep challenging yourself!

I love this! I'm going to start trying to keep this in mind also. I found myself at the hotel this past weekend on our Chicago girls' weekend wanting to get in the swimming pool but too embarrassed of myself to do it. Finally, before we left yesterday my daughter looked at me and said "Who cares, mom? Let's just jump in before the ride home. It'll be refreshing!" I put my suit on and jumped in. It was awesome. Why do I care so much what others think? I love your perspective! :)
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

I cannot stand my belly! When I walk past the mirror at the gym I'm so disappointed. Yesterday, I had the same feeling while working out and I became self conscious. But then a positive thought came into my mind....I'm working hard at this, it won't happen overnight, if people at the gym are watching me, then keep watching...and see what happens. I won't give up b/c I'm concerned about what others think. This is for me! Frankly, most of the people at he gym have been friendly so why this stuff pops into my head, I have no idea!

Push to failure! Keep challenging yourself!

I love this! I'm going to start trying to keep this in mind also. I found myself at the hotel this past weekend on our Chicago girls' weekend wanting to get in the swimming pool but too embarrassed of myself to do it. Finally, before we left yesterday my daughter looked at me and said "Who cares, mom? Let's just jump in before the ride home. It'll be refreshing!" I put my suit on and jumped in. It was awesome. Why do I care so much what others think? I love your perspective! :)

I am exactly the same way!! Last month our grandsons were in town, and they wanted me to meet them at the hotel the next morning and go swimming with them. All nite I dreaded doing that, but I didn't want to tell them no. But I was almost afraid that even my grandsons, who are 12 and 8, would make a comment as to how fat I looked in my swimsuit. But .... I told myself no matter what my size, I was going to make memories with those 2 little boys. And ... I had a ball!! Once I was in the water, I didn't even care that I looked probably awful in a suit (well, I did, but I was not going to let that stop me).

But, as I am trying to lose weight, I know that next year I don't want to be worried about how I look. And I figure in the gym ...... when I see really thin people.... that maybe a year ago they looked like me .... and they just never gave up.

SO next year at this time .... we are all going to look and feel amazing!
  • steph81881
    steph81881 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love how motivating you guys are!! Reading these posts really help keep me going strong! I was bummed that I didn't lose any weight over the weekend but I just keep reminding myself that I'm working towards a healthy lifestyle and the scales aren't going to move all the time...

Goals for today
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water - 2 done already
    2. Make today an active day, sit only when necessary
    3. Go to bed by 9:30 so I wake up for my 5 am workout class!! lol!!

• mytime6630
    Options

I LOVE THIS IDEA --- punishment is we don't log LOL!! But ... this is really a great idea!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

So happy to see you back! I was just thinking about you and how I miss your posts. :smile:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I am exactly the same way!! Last month our grandsons were in town, and they wanted me to meet them at the hotel the next morning and go swimming with them. All nite I dreaded doing that, but I didn't want to tell them no. But I was almost afraid that even my grandsons, who are 12 and 8, would make a comment as to how fat I looked in my swimsuit. But .... I told myself no matter what my size, I was going to make memories with those 2 little boys. And ... I had a ball!! Once I was in the water, I didn't even care that I looked probably awful in a suit (well, I did, but I was not going to let that stop me).

But, as I am trying to lose weight, I know that next year I don't want to be worried about how I look. And I figure in the gym ...... when I see really thin people.... that maybe a year ago they looked like me .... and they just never gave up.

SO next year at this time .... we are all going to look and feel amazing!

Thanks for the inspiration! Another great way to look at it! Maybe they DID look like that a year ago! I've never thought of it that way.

I love this group. It really helps me look at things in a new light. :smile:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Don't know where I'm up to with all this! I hate not having my iphone.
    I woke up feeling good this morning
    So good in fact I did my make up. I slept on a wet messy bun and when I took my bobble out to re-tie it my hair was wonderfully wavy and looked amazing so hair sprayed it. Wore a backless halterneck top despite being self conscious of back flab (wasn't too bad tbh)and took eldest to nursery. Came home did my day. Hair still looked great! Decided to walk to nursery for exercise. 2 minutes from walking with the pram somebody shouted "stripper!!" Out the car window.
    Who shouts that to someone with a baby?!
    Anyway it left me feeling proper uncomfortable during the 1hr 30min walk to and from nursery.
    It was one of the outfits I was working towards wearing it and some €unt has ruined it for me

Anyway enough of that
    Just had to vent

Very tired today

May Goals
    March Weight: 12st 6lb
    April Weight 12st 5lb
    Current Weight: 12st 5lb
    Target Weight: 10st 7lb
    Lbs to lose this month: 4

Strive for progress, not perfection.

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    I missed you all! Hope you all had a great weekend!

Just returned from my girls' weekend in Chicago. We had so much fun! I did not log one single thing while I was there. So, my bad! But today I'm hopping back on the train with a new resolve. I downloaded the Beck Diet Solution book on my Kindle because I got so far behind. I'm going to start reading it today. I'm pretty sure that I've probably gained at least 5 lbs over the weekend but I refuse to get on scale until next week! So, here goes nothing...

Just for Monday:
    1. Stay in the green for both food and water
    2. Meet my step goal
    3. Meal plan for the week
    4. Begin reading the Beck Diet Solution
    5. Get caught up on Simple Abundance book
    6. Continue with the Keep, Throw and Donate of my current wardrobe
    7. Make my husband a nice healthy dinner
    8. Schedule activity plan for the week
    9. Bed by 9:00 to wind down before lights out. Try to get some rest from the weekend. Exhausted!

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Don't know where I'm up to with all this! I hate not having my iphone.
    I woke up feeling good this morning
    So good in fact I did my make up. I slept on a wet messy bun and when I took my bobble out to re-tie it my hair was wonderfully wavy and looked amazing so hair sprayed it. Wore a backless halterneck top despite being self conscious of back flab (wasn't too bad tbh)and took eldest to nursery. Came home did my day. Hair still looked great! Decided to walk to nursery for exercise. 2 minutes from walking with the pram somebody shouted "stripper!!" Out the car window.
    Anyway it left me feeling proper uncomfortable during the 1hr 30min walk to and from nursery.
    It was one of the outfits I was working towards wearing it and some €unt has ruined it for me

People can be such dumbasses. Please don't let those jerks ruin it for you! I would bet you looked absolutely adorable! Nothing is better than a good hair day! Don't let them have that much power over your feelings. I can tell from just knowing you online that you are beautiful inside and out. Anyone who yells ANYTHING to someone walking with a baby is obviously an idiot and I sure hope you don't allow an obvious idiot to dictate how you feel about yourself and how you feel the rest of the day! <3 (((hugs to you, my friend!)))
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,334 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been having my snack soon as I finish my meal. Before mfp, I ate too much at one meal, so I'm slipping back, SO just for today, I will NOT have anything else right after I have my meal but will spread it out so I don't get used to a full tummy again.
  • mytime6630
    Options

Lbs to lose this month: 4

Strive for progress, not perfection.

Don't let ANYONE ruin this for you!!! I am so proud of you ---- and I bet you looked amazing!

Whoever shouted that out the window was either 1). a bunch of teenage boys who have no class, or 2) someone that was very jealous because you looked so fantastic!!

Keep doing what you did today! I find that if I curl my hair, put on makeup, I just feel better about myself all day. And believe me, I remember how hard that is to do when you have little ones that need constant attention.

So don't pay any attention to whoever did that ---- you are doing great! And I hope you wear that amazing outfit often!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    @azulvioleta6 we miss you! I hope all is well. I am enjoying the zumba classes ---- I'm now taking them about 3x a week (and I'm not quite as sore as I was :) )

But we miss you,and hope to see you on here soon!

Yay, glad to hear that you are still dancing Joan! Stretching before class is not technically part of Zumba, but I always do it and find that it helps. Google "dancers' stretches" and you will get some ideas. Warming up for 10-15 minutes (treadmill, stationary bike, etc.) can also be helpful. A warm bath with Epsom salts can be nice too--if you are sore a lot, you may be magnesium deficient and the Epsom salts help with that.

I've been dealing with some major life chaos and have been out of town a lot lately, but I am OK. I did get in more than six hours of dancing this weekend--mostly bachata and Mexican cumbia--and I DJed a salsa event last night, which was really fun. I've been doing fine with exercise, and eating in ways that are difficult to track but pretty good nutritionally.

I'm probably going to take a break from food tracking for a while, but I should be able to set daily goals this week.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Decided to walk to nursery for exercise. 2 minutes from walking with the pram somebody shouted "stripper!!" Out the car window.

Anyway enough of that
    Just had to vent

I think that you should turn it around and think of the "stripper" as a compliment. Have you ever seen a fat stripper?
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I think that you should turn it around and think of the "stripper" as a compliment. Have you ever seen a fat stripper?

Totally Agree!!!!! :)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Haha I'm just gonna pretend they said "strip off!" ;)

Omg I misread that and thought you were calling me a fat stripper! Nearly died :sweat_smile: