Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Monday:
    1. Plan and pre-track exercise for the week
    2. Do some cooking/food prep/grocery shopping
    3. REST and catch up on sleep
    4. light gardening
    5. 10+ cups water
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 @OConnell5483 Thanks - it's good to be back! Hope you have both been doing well.

@joan6630 Glad you like the punishment for not logging technique! I found it was more motivating than rewarding myself for doubt well... particularly as my default reward is food!
    It worked pretty well for me for a while, though I gave up on it when I lost motivation a bit before Christmas. I was having to punish myself too much - trying to log in December was a nightmare with all the events!
    - so I gave up. Reckon it's time to give it another go now though - I'd recommend the technique! (With a personal punishment)

@Saragirl2 Thanks - glad you like them! Feel free to borrow any that would be useful :)
  • mmecraine
    mmecraine Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey there- hope it's not too late to join and get a bit of inspiration from everyone else.
    My goal for today is to get my 3 (big bottles of water in) and be sure to take care of myself mentally by reading.
    I've already done a bit of jogging (and a fair amount of icky food damage on a cheat day!)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    mmecraine wrote: »
    Hey there- hope it's not too late to join and get a bit of inspiration from everyone else.
    My goal for today is to get my 3 (big bottles of water in) and be sure to take care of myself mentally by reading.
    I've already done a bit of jogging (and a fair amount of icky food damage on a cheat day!)

Love to have you join us!! You will find the most motivating people on this thread --- I have learned so much from all of them, and am trying to incorporate "their" goals into my own. Things that work for others.
    So I hope you join us everyday!
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Stretching before class is not technically part of Zumba, but I always do it and find that it helps. .

I've been dealing with some major life chaos and have been out of town a lot lately, but I am OK.

I'm probably going to take a break from food tracking for a while, but I should be able to set daily goals this week.

Thanks for the suggestion on stretching - I think that will help me. Saturday morning I went to a Zumba class, but it was called "Zumba Burst". I love it. It was a combinaton of zumba moves with Step class moves. The hour goes by so fast, and I'm not as sore (other than my hips from moving them around so much :):) )

I hope the stressers ease up for you in your life. But so glad you can join us in the daily goals! I learn so much from all of you guys!
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Haha I'm just gonna pretend they said "strip off!" ;)

Omg I misread that and thought you were calling me a fat stripper! Nearly died :sweat_smile:

NO NO!! Whenever I think of strippers, they are all very slender. So like @azulvioleta6 said -- take this as a compliment!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    To anyone wanting to join us on this thread, I welcome any of you.

I have met the most wonderful motivators on here, and I want to thank all of you! Without you, I probably would have just given up after the first few months. I love reading everyone daily posts, I have learned so much from all of you, and I consider you all very good "online" friends. I hope I can be there as much for all of you as you have been there for me.

My hope is that at the end of this year, we are all going to look and feel fabulous!! And I know we will -- because none of us are quitters - we keep trying, one day at a time!.

These are just a few of the things I have learned:

Because of @azulvioleta6, I am now taking zumba classes at least 3 times a week. I was always afraid to try it --- now I absolutely LOVE it. The 60 minutes goes by so fast, and I am burning off calories at the same time, plus meeting some wonderful new friends at the classes.

I learned that @slittlemeister uses "punishment" to keep herself logging her food. Not major punishment, but things like "no alcohol" for 2 days. And it works for her --- so this is something I am definitely going to be trying!

I learned from @Bex953172 to always have a sense of humor. Her posts always make me laugh, and makes my day to read them.

I learned from @OConnell5483 to always be grateful for what we have. And to do something nice to someone that you pass in your day - whether it be a smile, or something to make their day better. I am now reading "Simple Abundance" because of her!

I learned about Half Size podcasts from @Saragirl2 , which are podcasts that feature interviews from people on their journey

and I learned a weight watcher tip from @cschmitz110515 -- to always eat your food slowly, putting your fork down in between bites to remind me.

An so much from all the others that also post, which I have not mentioned, I thank you as well. Sometimes I don't get my posts in until later in the day, but before bedtime, I always go back and read what I have missed.

So thank you all!!!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    A very good day diet wise yesterday.... let's hope I can keep it up!

- Log everything I eat :)
    - No snacks except ryvita and maybe 2 max of the sweets I brought for my colleagues (social norm after hols - very bad for dieting!) :| I had 4 sweets. But I more than made up for it through gym
    - Go to gym after work :)
    - Stay within calories with 400+ calorie deficit after gym (need to build up a deficit as over eating occasion coming up next weekend!) :)
    - 30+ minute lunch break :)
    - Meditate :)
    - Don't procrastinate - get something done today :| I did actually procrastinate quite a lot. However I was clearing out emails... so not all bad....?
    - Spend some time - but not all day! -planning June workload :/ Spent too much time doing the emails, will need to do it today!

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita. No sweets today!
    - Exercise class after work
    - Stay in the green! (Ideally with small deficit)
    - No alcohol

- 30 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Don't procrastinate - get something BIG done today
    - Spend some time - but not all day! -planning June workload
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Because of @joan6630 I've learned to take each day at a time and to just stay on the path no matter how great or not you're doing

:-)
  • vishalb08
    vishalb08 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello to all.
    Calling myself obese would be a slight understatement.
    Basically I was a hot-shot pilot who lost control over his lifestyle, became obese, kicked out of job for failing medicals, got dumped after 3 yrs of relation cos I was unemployed n broke, spent the next 18 months drinking smoking and wasting life.
    Then I cleaned up a bit and got a new job.
    I'm in a better place now.
    But still I feel sad seeing myself in the mirror.
    All the jokes & heckles about my size & struggle with weight loss hurt me.
    I really am looking for a full scale change of my lifestyle.
    I would really appreciate all help.
    Thank you.
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @joan6630: "Your veggies sound great - I would love to plant veggies, but the deer eat everything I plant!" I have a deer problem too, so I planted the lettuce and spinach close to the house, and they haven't been eaten--yea!

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Just for today---Tuesday, May 23:
    Log all food
    Exercise--even if it's only 10 minutes
    Office cleanup--30"
    Clean off dining room table
    Write thank you notes
    Take care of Colorado paper work
    Practice organ lesson: 45 minutes
    Have a good day everyone.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I missed you all! Hope you all had a great weekend!

Just returned from my girls' weekend in Chicago. We had so much fun! I did not log one single thing while I was there. So, my bad! But today I'm hopping back on the train with a new resolve. I downloaded the Beck Diet Solution book on my Kindle because I got so far behind. I'm going to start reading it today. I'm pretty sure that I've probably gained at least 5 lbs over the weekend but I refuse to get on scale until next week! So, here goes nothing...

Just for Monday:
    1. Stay in the green for both food and water
    2. Meet my step goal
    3. Meal plan for the week
    4. Begin reading the Beck Diet Solution
    5. Get caught up on Simple Abundance book
    6. Continue with the Keep, Throw and Donate of my current wardrobe
    7. Make my husband a nice healthy dinner
    8. Schedule activity plan for the week
    9. Bed by 9:00 to wind down before lights out. Try to get some rest from the weekend. Exhausted!
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Decided to walk to nursery for exercise. 2 minutes from walking with the pram somebody shouted "stripper!!" Out the car window.
    Who shouts that to someone with a baby?!
    Anyway it left me feeling proper uncomfortable during the 1hr 30min walk to and from nursery.
    It was one of the outfits I was working towards wearing it and some €unt has ruined it for me

Anyway enough of that
    Just had to vent

I think that you should turn it around and think of the "stripper" as a compliment. Have you ever seen a fat stripper?

I agree Bex953172! Don't let someone's rudeness ruin your day. Most strippers do have great looking bodies (in the movies, anyhow) ;) Keep your head up & be proud.

O'Connell, I have the Simple Abundance book too. I'm forever missing weeks at a time yet when I do read it, I appreciate it so much. You've reminded me to pick it back up:) thank you!

• Saragirl2
    Options
    steph81881 wrote: »
    I love how motivating you guys are!! Reading these posts really help keep me going strong! I was bummed that I didn't lose any weight over the weekend but I just keep reminding myself that I'm working towards a healthy lifestyle and the scales aren't going to move all the time...

Goals for today
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water - 2 done already
    2. Make today an active day, sit only when necessary
    3. Go to bed by 9:30 so I wake up for my 5 am workout class!! lol!!

5am workout class?? You rock!!
  • Saragirl2
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Pretracked meals/snacks.
    Adjusted calories to around 1,600. I think this may be a challenge. I refuse to starve so I may have to be creative.
    Going to listen to Half Size Me webinar & finish yesterday's podcast.
    Weight lifting-Adjusted to a higher weight on 4 machines but darn it, I'm sore. Someone suggested Epsom salts in an earlier post so that may work. I love the feeling of a little muscle ache b/c it tells me the muscle is reacting to the weightlifting but this is ridiculous.
    20 mins walk with dog in am with DH.
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    20-30 min nap/meditative breathing.
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    Preplan meals with 1,600 cals as goal.

Change your mindset, change your life.

Kindness is love with work boots on. (Quote from a silly frat movie my husband was watching last night)! ;)

Have a great day everyone!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Haven't logged for several days, have to catch up. Nice to see so many updates here from everyone! Such inspiration!

My post Sat. night: I'll start over on Sunday. Tonight it's early to bed, since brother has to leave by 5:45 A.M. (egads) for the race and I'm going with them.

I got up at 5 a.m. on Sunday and went with SIL to watch brother run in marathon. We had a great time zipping around town at the various spectator spots (half-way, mile 16, The Wall (mile 20), inside Lambeau Field and at finish line). Brother appreciated his support team, and finished his first ever marathon in 4:39:49, so proud of him!

Marathon weather was kind of crappy, had a brief downpour just before 7 a.m. start, then mist which ended in time for the wind to pick up. We were dressed for it at least but my shoes were damp. By the time we got home I had a raging sore throat, still I logged my food for Sunday, numbers not great. By bedtime I was truly sick and called in to work on Mon. Unfortunately, with busy weekend and then sick, poor dog hasn't had a walk since Fri. I'm logging again today Tues.

Just for today T 5/23/17 - be gentle with self, still feeling poorly, but I'm upright! :wink:
    1) Keep net calories w/i 100 of green
    2) If rain holds off after work, walk dog (probably short route)
    3) Floss
    4) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Monday
    1. log all food :)
    2. drink 8+ cups water :)
    3. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning :/ .
    4. Already did 60 min at gym - try and get out for a walk again tonite. Beautiful day out :) Went to the gym in the morning, worked in the yard for 2 hrs picking up fallen tree limbs, so then went on a 3 mile walk.
    5. read my advantage response cards 4 x :)
    6. eat only when sitting down :)
    7. concentrate on eating slowly :) Getting a little better at this - trying to remember to set my fork down often.
    8. mediate. think of all positives in my life :)
    9. sip water in the evening :) Water flavored like root beer!!!!
    10. eat only planned snack -- a orange this afternoon, 2 cups of popcorn tonite :) Did not have popcorn, but had a bowl of wheat chex instead
    11. plan tomorrows meals :) This helped me a lot to know what I was cooking in the evening

JFT, Tuesday
    1. log all food
    2. drink 8+ cups of water
    3. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning
    4. did not exercise today, so maybe try a zumba class tonite
    5. read my advantage response cards 4 x today
    6. eat only when sitting
    7. concentrate on eating slowly
    8. give myself credit for positives I am doing
    9. eat only planned snack -- maybe another bowl of shredded wheat tonite
    10. plan meals for tomorrow. Tonite I am having leftover bbq chicken made into a salad, and hubby will have some meatballs and spaghetti.

• mytime6630
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    Practice organ lesson: 45 minutes
    Have a good day everyone.

Do you play the organ?? My favorite kind of music!
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2017
    Options
    vishalb08 wrote: »
    Hello to all.
    Calling myself obese would be a slight understatement.
    Basically I was a hot-shot pilot who lost control over his lifestyle, became obese, kicked out of job for failing medicals, got dumped after 3 yrs of relation cos I was unemployed n broke, spent the next 18 months drinking smoking and wasting life.
    Then I cleaned up a bit and got a new job.
    I'm in a better place now.
    But still I feel sad seeing myself in the mirror.
    All the jokes & heckles about my size & struggle with weight loss hurt me.
    I really am looking for a full scale change of my lifestyle.
    I would really appreciate all help.
    Thank you.

My son is a pilot - not commercially, but private. He loves flying. I could see where losing this would be very hard for you. But you should be very proud of yourself for cleaning up your life. Giving up the drinking and smoking is not easy -- so congratulations to you. I have no doubt that you will also have yourself fit and healthy again. I am glad you are in a better place now -- you are off to a great start --- and I know you can do it.

You are not alone in feeling sad looking in the mirror. But today can be the day you change all that. There are many things in life we cannot control, but what we eat is something we can take control. I find that tackling this just one day at a time helps. If I look at the big picture - like wanting to lose 30 pounds, it can be overwhelming. But I also know it is changing our lifestyle - not just a diet. This is why I love the concept of posting goals each day -- just one day at a time. We would love to have you join us -- we are all going to look amazing by next year at this time. Not next month, like I wish it could be, but realistic.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I once met a friend of a friend of a friend who somehow had the mistaken idea that I was a stripper. Somebody heard "dancer" and through a strange game of bilingual telephone, that became stripper. Um...no! I'm really not even the right size/shape to be a salsa dancer, much less a stripper. I'm a middle-aged teacher who dresses very conservatively.

:)