Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    7/15 Saturday JFT:

Physics HW and online HW ✔
    9-10:30am Jiu-Jistu ✔
    Quality time with my husband (We watched "Going with Style" I highly recommend, it's funny :D )✔
    Manage Saturday Chores ✔
    More Physics HW :p
    (Didn't do we'll on Ch. 23 so complete Ch. 24 HW then review, review, review. Don't get discouraged!!)
    Dinner by 8 pm
    Bedtime by midnight
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Hello! Good evening everyone! I havent been on in a while! I dont really have any excuse either. Lol. Just lost track of time I guess. The day is almost over though so I guess I will post what I did so far today and what I hope I will do for the rest of the night!

1. Log all food
    2. Stay in the green
    3. Do the next day of my yoga challenge
    4. Kept my drawer balanced at work
    5. Asked for help when I needed it
    6. Made a healthy sandwich when I got home from work
    7. Took a nice long nap
    8. Eat something healthy for dinner even though I know that I'm not going to be cooking
    9. Hang out with the DH tonight, maybe cuddle and watch baseball
    10. Bed by midnight

So I caved and had a cup of coffee this morning on my way to work because I was so exhausted. I must have hit the snooze button 4-5 times. Got up about fifteen minutes before I had to leave. Even with the coffee stop and leaving a bit later I still got there with a half an hour to spare because there was no traffic. A 45-50 minute trip only took me about 20. So I just sat there and closed my eyes for a few minutes and looked at the standings for the Team race for the Hogwarts challenge. Lol. But I am now off for the next three days! Well, sort of. I have a meeting about twenty minutes away at my main branch on Monday night at 5. So kind of off but not really. Gonna spend the next few days cleaning and doing some publicity for my book also research selling techniques.

So here are my goals for Sunday, 7/15/17

1. Log all food
    2. Stay in green
    3. Church(maybe)
    4. Dishes/bathroom/trash/front yard
    5. Do some food shopping for snacks
    6. Research publicizing techniques
    7. Research selling techniques
    8. Print out picture for vision board for Monday's meeting
    9. Make something in crockpot for dinner when the DH gets home
    10. Wind down by 10
    11. Bed by 11

Have a great night!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    <3

<3
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,220 Member
    Options
    <3

Miss you Karen!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Realizing that for the past 2 days I have not posted my goals. Since the day is almost over, I'll keep my goals simple
    1. log all food :/ Note to myself --- DO NOT BUY FIBER ONE BARS! While I love them, if you eat more than one, you will regret it :/
    2. no snacking tonite, other than celery and/or carrot sticks :/
    3. concentrate on water :)
    4. work in the yard if the temps go down any (it is like 100 degrees, and 90% humidity outside!) :) Worked outside in the yard this morning, then went on a 5 mile walk (and yes, it was 90 degrees out!). But , the humidity was low, so that helped.

Posting my goals for tomorrow - hoping I can get/stay on track
    1. log all food
    2. increasing my calorie intake to 1400 calories. I was doing some research, and at my height, 1500 calories should help me lose weight. I think I am trying to keep it at 1200, and it is just backfiring. So ... going to try this
    3. going over to a friends house tomorrow, who has ALS. Appreciate my health so much. don't ever take things for granted - just to be able to walk is a big thing!
    4. concentrate on water
    5. get rid of the Fiber One Bars --- no bars today!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    What a day! Up til 3am with oldest in ER b/c of allergic reaction to plaster?? He's fine now. Off to doctor's office for youngest with ear infection. Woke up this am to an extremely strong smell of sulfur (my husband plunging our shower w/drain cleaner). I took the dogs out & you could smell it outside!

All that being said....I will not binge :smile: Given the am, the rest of the day will be awesome!

Glad your son is OK. Allergic reactions are no fun, and can be very scarry! My son is severely allergic to garlic.
  • Marianne_fit
    Marianne_fit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Have just stumbled across this forum, am in need of motivation! I screwed up big time today, but am determined to get back on track tomorrow!
  • MLHC1
    Options
    Have just stumbled across this forum, am in need of motivation! I screwed up big time today, but am determined to get back on track tomorrow!

Welcome!! Don't worry about the stumble. It's not about a diet trend or workout fade, it's a lifestyle :D This forum is great for motivation and support!! Just pick yourself back up, brush off the bad day and hit the new day head on!! You've got this B)
  • MLHC1
    Options
    7/16 Sunday JFT:

Slept in until 9 am :blush:
    Brunch with the family
    Budget meeting with husband
    Family meeting (late afternoon)
    Plan weekly meals
    Premake breakfast tacos for the week
    Physics HW and online HW (Ch. 24)
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 10 pm

:smiley: I hope everyone has a wonderful day :smiley:
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Oh it has been a few challenging days. I've not been on here since Thursday.

Our well pump went ka-sparky Thursday night. Checked all the parts we know how to check - changed out switch box, cleaned, tested capacitors, checked fuse, nope. Literally got sparks last time we put it all together and threw the power on. So Friday we call the well guy. As expected we needed a new pump, so I had them upgrade the pipe diameter and ramp up the horsepower on the new pump. Now I can get some irrigation going. This has taken a lot of worries off my shoulders because we have had some recurring water issues for about three years and now those should be over. Plus I know my pump is sitting over 20 feet below the water line and that makes me happy too.

But all this and the heat gave me an excuse for stress eating. I did, but let me say it could have been worse. And I have stayed green for the week overall so I can smile.

JFT 7-16-17
    • Stay home - do not go to office
    • Do laundry
    • Vacuum
    • Clean bathrooms
    • Stay green
    • 10K steps
    • log water
  • arrghmatey1
    arrghmatey1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Food Prep for next week
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,093 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Could do with all your help really
    Since getting pregnant i feel like I’ve lost sight of my goals. Well not lost sight. But I feel they aren’t suitable anymore. Which is a bit sad because I was so focused on them

In my position, what new goals would you set your eyes on?
    I just really don’t know what I want to achieve at this moment in time!

Hello my sweet little Bex! I will have to think about some new goals for this time...besides eating healthy and trying to stay active. Is there anything you want to make into a habit that you could focus on? Anything you always wanted to learn how to do? I'll think on it...

I wanted to let you know also, I have been thinking of you and am always happy to see a post from you. :smiley:

I really can’t think tbh.
    As you know I’m already busy with the kids and my OH, and the goals I had before didn’t really affect any of that or vice versa.
    I feel sick all the time but then have to eat because if i don’t eat I feel even MORE sick
    I feel a bit stuck in limbo atm, it’s my first antenatal appointment tomorrow and I just want to get my notes and actually be on the pregnancy journey properly!
    And plus find out about the 1200 calorie thing.
    Although (despite feeling sick) I’m also ravenous hahah

I had a tuna mixed with salad cream :scream: sandwich today with cherry tomatoes, spring onion and cheese. What is that about.

*sigh*
    Them crop tops are out the eindow
  • WR50
    WR50 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    1. Easy run and lower body
    2. 100 push-ups
    3. Less than 20 carbs total
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

So here are my goals for Sunday, 7/15/17

1. Log all food :)
    2. Stay in green :)
    3. Church(maybe) :/DH wanted to sleep in so we did...it was very nice not having to rush around in the morning or leave one sleeping while the other goes to work
    4. Dishes/bathroom/trash/front yard :DDid one load of dishes from yesterday, now I just have all the dishes from today. Did do two loads of laundry though!
    5. Do some food shopping for snacks :)
    6. Research publicizing techniques :)
    7. Research selling techniques :/
    8. Print out picture for vision board for Monday's meeting :/
    9. Make something in crockpot for dinner when the DH gets home :)Tuna Noodle Casserole! But I used frozen broccoli instead of peas because I was out Lol
    10. Wind down by 10 :DProbably not. DH JUST got home and we havent even eaten dinner yet
    11. Bed by 11 :DSee #10

• MLHC1
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    7/16 Sunday JFT:

✔Slept in until 9 am :blush:
    ✔Brunch with the family
    ✔Budget meeting with husband
    ✔Family meeting (late afternoon)
    ✔Plan weekly meals
    ❌Premake breakfast tacos for the week
    ✔Physics HW and online HW (Ch. 24)
    ❌Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    Dinner by 7 pm➡️8:30pm
    ✔Bedtime by 10 pm

:smiley: I hope everyone has a wonderful day :smiley:

Crazy day :D
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Was a really good day today! I posted a blurb about my book and the link to Amazon on Facebook and I'm pretty sure I got like 7-9 sales! I know I sold an Ebook copy but won't know how many paperbacks sold until they ship out. Lol. I also reconnected with a former best friend and had a really good conversation with my brother which doesn't happen too often. Now the DH is home and playing a video game with his friends and I am involved because I can listen in on an app that they use to broadcast. It's about a 6-second delay so I'm usually just slightly off of the jokes and things but it's still fun!

As for goals for Monday, July 16, 2017

1. Log all food
    2. Stay in the green
    3. Clean bathroom
    4. Put laundry away
    5. Finish dishes
    6. Print out picture for meeting
    7. Attend work meeting
    8. Make yummy dinner
    9. Yoga
    10. Bedtime whenever
  • newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am back from a week and a bit at the cottage... sorry I should have mentioned before that I left that I would be away..
    Back to setting daily intentions:

1. Log all food and stay within calorie goal
    2. Walk at least 30 minutes or go for a run
    3. Practice meditation
    4. Water - 1 L through the work day
  • MLHC1
    Options
    7/17 Monday JFT:

Attend classes (8 am - 3 pm)
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    Prep dinner
    5:30 - 7:30 pm Jiu Jitsu
    Dinner at 8:30pm
    Physics HW and online HW
    Bedtime by 11pm
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Monday. Keeping it simple and to the point because I have very simple basic goals I am not meeting right now. I'm sorry if they are TMI, but I feel if I write them down, it will help reinforce them in my mind. I've only been at work 15 minutes and I'm already feeling as though I could hyperventilate.

J4T July 17:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Stay in the Green
    3. Drink half my weight in water
    4. Knee PT exercises
    5. Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    6. Deep breaths at work. One day at a time, one hour at a time, even one minute at a time if it comes to that. Try not to let the anxiety take hold. It's only a job.
    7. Take 3 separate moments today to address each: Body, Mind & Spirit.
    8. Write in my Daily Gratitude journal tonight.
    9. Unplug and be sleeping by 10:30 tonight

I hope you all have a really great day! Keep up the great work! So many great goals on here!

Welcome to our new friends and welcome back to everyone who has been gone on vacation. :mrgreen:

Bex, good luck at your doctor appointment! :blush: