Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Monday's goals:
    1. Keep calories under 1300 / carbs under 20 g. :smile:
    2. Drink more water! :smile: Made it!
    3. Meet step goal. :smile: Sure didn't feel up to it, but got them in.
    4. Finish laundry. :smile:
    5. Finish budget. :smile: I guess that's a smile, but wasn't thrilled with the results, lol!
    6. Come up with a new dinner to mix things up. :frowning: Too busy!
    7. Work planning. :smile: Again, not a great result, but it is what is.
    8. Read and relax! :frowning: A definite failure on this one. Couldn't even sleep last night. UGH!

Tuesday's goals:
    1. Stay in the green for calories/carbs.
    2. Drink 8+ glasses of water.
    3. Meet step goal: last day before increase.
    4. Wrap/pack gifts to ship
    5. Weigh-in tomorrow.

Goals for May:
    1. Lose 5 pounds. :smile: Down 2.4, 2.6 to go.
    2. Build up to 10K steps per day. :smile: Progressing, increased to 9,000 this week.
    3. Incorporate strength training at least 3 days/week. :wink: Working on building the routine, remember to start slowly.

Keeping it simple today. I just have too much going on. I will just be happy to stay in the green with exercise/nutrition.

Have a great day!
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Just for today: May 9
    Dentist appointment--
    Clean family room--at least 30"
    Watch the calories
    Exercise--been slipping up on that one
    Drink more water
    Do some weeding
    Write notes and birthday cards
    Have a great day everyone.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    dph118 wrote: »
    @Saragirl2 Thanks for the suggestion on weight training. Part of my goal this month is to incorporate some weight training into my routine. I am hoping this will help strengthen my joints. I really struggle with runaway inflammation, so will see how it goes.
    Have a great day!

I have a miniscus tear in one of my knees. I "took it easy", ended up gaining more weight, which didn't help any of my joints. After a few weeks of carefully strengthening the muscles around the knee, I started to feel relief. I had to be cautious to not make things worse so I actually worked with an experienced trainer for a few sessions to get form, weight & frquency established. It paid off 100%.

• Saragirl2
    Options

Pushed myself in the gym yesterday. Not sure why....maybe punishment for the guilt I felt on the weekend.

Pretracked most of my food today.
    Going to listen to an inspiring podcast-Half Size Me
    Walked dog with DH.
    Going to gym-weights
    Elliptical 20 mins.
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    Snack on protein w/fruit if hungry this afternoon.
    20 min nap/meditative breathing.
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    Early to bed-10pm.

Visualize what my life will be like at maintenance (goal weight).

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I have kept up with the most important part of MFP - logging but otherwise I got lost for a couple of days.

last check=in was
    05-06-2017
    :* Clean downstairs
    :o Clean bathrooms
    :) Finish wand ceremony
    :| Eat 3 veg and two fruit

So I am trying to eat 3 veg and 2 fruit every day. The fruit part is beating me up. I'm really finding it a challenge to eat. I am working on incorporating it more into my daily meal plan on work days. If I bring three fruit then maybe I'll get two eaten. I bring my lunch most days. I am usually a grazer all day from my lunch bag as opposed to a sit down for 30 minutes and eat lunch. If I feel hungry I'll pull something out and eat it. So I bought a bag of those easy to eat tangerines. I bought a bag of apples - they are so much more reasonably sized (smaller) in the bag than if you buy them separately. I bought some nice small peaches. And ALL the berries are still in season. I love all the fruits, except pears. That pear texture, I just cannot get over it.

Oops - rarmbling! I'm just venting my frustration with the constant challenge of yummy fruit.

05-09-2017
    • Eat three fruit and two veg
    • 60 minutes exercise (walking +)
    • Annualize JROTC pay
    • PR Accounting Adj correction for wrong year posting
    • In bed by 11:00
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,353 Member
    Options
    Struggling to get through this day for some reason. I'm tired and having difficulty focusing. I've started off on the wrong foot today food-wise also. Didn't have time to throw together a lunch bag so have nothing to eat at work today and am getting really hungry. Need to go back to bed and start this day over... :wink:

So............Just for Tuesday:
    1. Go to grocery store and making a salad at the deli
    2. Focus on finishing Phase I of project today
    3. Get my steps in today
    4. Keep a smile on my face and in my voice
    5. Apply for the new job I found online and see what happens.
    6. Pick up Mother's Day cards
    7. Bed one hour early tonight. Need some rest.

Thanks for letting me whine! :'(
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Struggling to get through this day for some reason. I'm tired and having difficulty focusing. I've started off on the wrong foot today food-wise also. Didn't have time to throw together a lunch bag so have nothing to eat at work today and am getting really hungry. Need to go back to bed and start this day over... :wink:

'(

This sounds so like me today!! Didn't get to the gym, up way too late last nite, overslept, and had guys knocking on our door to come and fix our floor (they said they left a message friday, but the message was at 7 am this morning!).
    Last nite I was out running errands, super tired, and got a ice cream cone. that led to buying some marshmallow cookies - which I think I ate half the box, and my daugther ate the other half!.
    So like you, I want to just go back to bed and start over!

But I hope both of our days turn out to be great days
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFT
    1. log food
    2. drink water
    3. get out and do some kind of exercise.
    4. read one more chapters on the Beck Diet solution --- learning how to think like a thin person

I've been going to the gym, and was so proud that I could do 60 minutes on the \treadmill, with a incline of 10. well, I think I torn the tendons on the top of my feet - both feet hurt, even to walk. So I am going to try and do some other type of exercise.
    but so frustrating. I don't know what else could be causing this. Sunday I tried to walk my 5 mile walk, which normally I can do with no problems, but I could barely make it home, my feet hurt so bad.

So getting back to the basics with eating healthy, exercising.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:
    1. Track all food
    2. finish planning and pre-tracking exercise for the week
    3. under 100G carbs
    4. do food prep
    5. at least 30 minutes of walking
    6. swim a mile
    7. 10+ cups water
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,106 Member
    Options
    @joan6630
    How did your shopping trip go!
    Did you buy yourself some snacks?

As for your feet I would keep them moving by stretching, just do ankle rotations and get the washing up bowl and fill it with hot water and bath salts and have a nice foot bath ;) the perfect excuse!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    JFT (5/9):
    1. Stay in the green :) So far so good! No more beer so I think I'll definitely be able to stay in the green!
    2. Keep my till balanced B) Yup! I'm getting so good at that!
    3. Take a walk when I get home :#
    4. Make a super healthy and a definitely delicous dinner! ;) Healthy and yummy leftovers!
    5. Turn the light out by 10pm Not sure yet, but probably.

Today was SOOO much better than yesterday! My husband did the best thing for me last night. He left me alone. I got like a good hour and a half of quiet time. I listened to one of my favorite speakers and played mah jong on my tablet. I just let my spirit quiet and I felt so much better. My husband knows what I need more than I do half of the time. He put his headphones on and turned the volume on the TV off and just played his XBox while I was in the other room decompressing. He sent me a text that said, I love you and I knew that he understood what I needed. I got up and said goodnight to him and slept like a baby. I dont think I woke up when he came to bed either. Lol. Woke up in a great mood and it has been a great day! DH is having that great of a day though. Lol. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna hear some horror story when he gets home from work(which should have been an hour and a half ago).

Been really falling off the exercising wagon too! But I'm off tomorrow so I'm definitely going to go for a walk and might even take my kettle bell outside and do some weight training as well!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @joan6630
    How did your shopping trip go!
    Did you buy yourself some snacks?

As for your feet I would keep them moving by stretching, just do ankle rotations and get the washing up bowl and fill it with hot water and bath salts and have a nice foot bath ;) the perfect excuse!

I took your advice today --- I bought myself some WW ice cream bars. I bar is only 100 calories. Now I just have to tell myself to only eat ONE bar, and then drink that glass of water.

As for my feet - yes, I need to find some stretching exercises to do and the ankle rotations. Thanks for the suggestion also about the hot water and bath salts - never thought of doing that!
  • dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Tuesday's goals:
    1. Stay in the green for calories/carbs. :smile:
    2. Drink 8+ glasses of water. :smile:
    3. Meet step goal: last day before increase. :smile:
    4. Wrap/pack gifts to ship :neutral: Couldn't find a box, need to hunt for one today.
    5. Weigh-in tomorrow. :smiley: I was down 2 pounds today!

Wednesday's goals:
    KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid! Too much going on so just focusing on food/water/exercise.
    1. Stay in the green.
    2. Drink your water!
    3. Meet new step goal of 10K.

Goals for May:
    1. Lose 5 pounds. :smile: Down 4.4, 0.6 to go.
    2. Build up to 10K steps per day. :smile: New goal of 10K starts today!
    3. Incorporate strength training at least 3 days/week. :wink: Working on building the routine, remember to start slowly. Still haven't started this one...

I did have a mini goal to get below a certain weight before my husband's birthday and I made it! :smile:
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    05-09-2017
    :) Eat three fruit and two veg - OMG I got fruit in!
    :) 60 minutes exercise (walking +)
    :/ Annualize JROTC pay
    :( PR Accounting Adj correction for wrong year posting
    :) In bed by 11:00

5-10-2017
    • Eat three veg and two fruit (Veg and one fruit in the lunch bag already.)
    • 60 min exercise
    • Annualize JROTC pay
    • PR Accounting Adj correction for wrong year posting
    • In bed by 11:00
    • 8000 steps

My fitbit arrived yesterday. I have no idea how many steps I take, but I do work an office job. Therefore to start I have set the goal to 8000 steps.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Recap - Keeping it simple just for M 5/8
    1) Log all food and keep net calories in green = done :smile:
    2) Sunny spring day, walk dog (she was so sad yesterday when I napped instead) after work = 3.73 miles :smiley:
    3) Floss = Day 2 :smiley:
    4) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off...Tuesday have all day seminar - I have to arrive early with name tags and man the check-in table = close 10:19

Busy day T and didn't update any goals. By the time I got home after handling the check-in table, sitting through an 8 hour seminar (need those CPEs), seminar pick-up, dropping off a co-worker at home, stopping at the bank, and then picking up dog food, all I wanted to do was sit and watch TV. What?!? After sitting on uncomfortable chairs all day? Then I compounded my error by eating mixed nuts out of the can before finally settling on some leftovers for supper. Logged absolutely nothing, don't really want to know the damage I did. Thanks for letting me gripe. At least I drank water and flossed.

So just for W 5/10
    1) Log all food...after work, have happy hour with former colleagues, so stick with one adult beverage and if available, eat something that won't crush my calories for today. Look up menu online before I go.
    2) Evening, either walk dog or start strength workout - remember monthly goals!
    3) Floss
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off
  • Bex953172
    Options
    dph118 wrote: »

I did have a mini goal to get below a certain weight before my husband's birthday and I made it! :smile:

Yay! Well done!!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    05-09-2017
    :) Eat three fruit and two veg - OMG I got fruit in!

Yay for fruit!
    I struggle with this too!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    My goals are boring me, I need a change up!

My goals for Thursday is to complete someone else's goals :sweat_smile:

So I hope you all post some decent goals :wink:
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! My goal for today is to drink lots of water and tea, and to do some weight lifting after an evening meeting.
  • Saragirl2
    edited May 2017
    Options
    So funny that so many of us woke up with a challenging day!
    I had one kiddo in a full blown tantrum whom we ended up driving to school. Total meltdown w/the added touch of laying in the driveway while bus was pulling up. Then off to distress with a walk with DH & dog. Love to let her loose in a nearby field to run only to have her roll around in poop! Disgusting! So lovely pup is enjoying her "spa day". I need a spa day too!

I remind myself that I'll have a good laugh about this day at some point.

Pretracked at noon.
    Going to listen to an inspiring podcast-Half Size Me
    Walked dog with DH. Yuck!
    Going to gym-weights. Done! Tried two new machines & increased weight on a few others.
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    Have a protein shake this afternoon.
    20 min nap/meditative breathing.
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    Early to bed-9am have to-I'm already exhausted.

I was serving ice cream last night at a Boy Scout event & decided not to eat any. Luckily it wasn't a type I like. In the past, it wouldn't have mattered. I still would've eaten a large portion & regretted it later.