Replies

• danavelling
    danavelling Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Tough, I’m eating the cream puffs
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    yes its offensive but then I also wouldn't take multiple food items if there were only a limited number on a plate - so that everyone can have/enjoy

How was the OP to know that was the cream puffs? Most hosts have dishes set aside to refill the serving dishes.

I would have apologized. Look over the buffet table and left thanking the host for the invitation as it appeared that more folks showed up than was expected.

• Mean_Spice
    Options
    You get invited to a bday party. You're just eating a few cream puffs and just enjoying yourself. Then the party host comes to you and tells you to eat less so others can have some of the cream puffs also. Would you be offended?

I would laugh and say would you like me to go out and buy some more for you? Then they can be the one to act all offended and it makes them look really silly ..

Issue with this tactic is they would probably say "Yes" instead of being offended. Now your out of a $50 gift Certificate and the price of the cream puffs.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    She should have had more. Sorry, but I love cream puffs too and would not have had just one.
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You get invited to a bday party. You're just eating a few cream puffs and just enjoying yourself. Then the party host comes to you and tells you to eat less so others can have some of the cream puffs also. Would you be offended?

How many did you eat? Was there plenty for others?
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think you should probably just eat more and leave with your gift cards
  • SpicyWater
    SpicyWater Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'd be offended too honestly - that's rude for someone to point out- but if there weren't many, then maybe she was justified? If there were clearly plenty for all then lol I wouldn't talk to her anytime soon
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Did you post them in your Food Diary?
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Ah...good ol' memories :blush:
  • cdlee4
    cdlee4 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    i'd think the host was a cheap *kitten* and didn't buy enough cream puffs for everyone. you shouldn't be offended, they should be embarrassed.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Ah...good ol' memories :blush:

Just relax hun, this isn't FB.
  • Mean_Spice
    Options
    You have asked if she wanted you to return some and stuck your finger down your throat ........
  • Bucknutz247
    Bucknutz247 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I definitely would have called the host a cheap *kitten* and told them the should have bought more.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    @Caporegiem you're getting some serious hate
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Were you invited to the party? That could be it...
  • NGentRD
    NGentRD Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I would take my gift back, imply that it was very expensive, and demand the rest of the plate for it.

I laughed pretty hard! But yeah.
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    Options

I guess it depends on how many I ate compared to the total amount they had.

What % did you eat?