When you have 814 calories left and less than 2 hours left in your logging day...

Options
1234568»

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Ultimately, eat only when hungry; regardless of what the calorie count says. Listen to your body.

I have a friend who does this and her doctor told her to gain about 30 pounds.

Me too. I was anorexic with no hunger signals at all
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Why the assumption that because you took an unhealthy approach, that everyone else is too? If you spent time reading these boards you would see that while the vast majority talk about CICO as the immutable energy balance that drives weight loss, most here advocate a modest calorie deficit and a primarily nutrient dense diet. Saying CICO is all that matters for weight loss is not a directive to ignore nutrition. I'm not sure why you seem to think these things are mutually exclusive?

The fact remains that for countless people who come to this site, simply losing weight to get to a healthy BMI will have a dramatic impact on risk for obesity related diseases. And in the meantime, many of those people also find their way to better nutrition and physical fitness as well.

As per any assumption, it's based on the generalisation that many overweight people want the "Lose fat fast!" routine that they're promised in infomercials and websites, you know, what most of the diet industry bases its success around.

In this case, there was a long chain discussion around how eating just before bed didn't have any health impacts, when there is plenty of evidence suggesting it does - that's a good example of CICO trumping nutrition and health here.

You should read the success forum a bit more about the lifestyle transformations people have made and how many people have made complete turn arounds in all areas, then.

Your responses on these forums are too colored simply by your own experience and have no bearing on what most of us are doing.

I'd share my own story, but you'd write it off as an n=1, I'm sure.

I really, really think you should back off on the presumption that all of us are doing what you used to do and are fat desperate people restricting in the stupidest way possible merely to get the weight off just to be thin. And you're here to save us all.

It's frankly insulting. Please read some more.

*Insert standing applause here*
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I know it's a day late, but Carrot Cake.

The answer is (almost) always Carrot Cake. With real cream cheese frosting, of course.

<3 I'm pretty sure I would eat an old tire if it had real cream cheese frosting on it.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I ate all the Babybell cheeses in the house. What's next?

grab a pillsbury 800 calorie pack
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    If I have a large surplus at the end of the day, it's usually from a long run or many hours of dancing (both of which I do in the evening) - and I'm usually ravenously hungry afterward and eat most of them back.
  • ritzvin
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    If I have a large surplus at the end of the day, it's usually from a long run or many hours of dancing (both of which I do in the evening) - and I'm usually ravenously hungry afterward and eat most of them back.

In fact the nearby bodega owner recognizes me as the strange girl who used to come in buying ice cream novelties from the freezer in the winter. (Alas, he does not stock them this winter, and I've had to settle on candy bars/nutty bars/debbie cake single).
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    Ultimately, eat only when hungry; regardless of what the calorie count says. Listen to your body.

I'd disagree with this in a few cases.

1. You need to eat a minimum number of calories to be healthy, and even if not hungry, you should eat at least this much.

2. There's a school of thought with some very intelligent and respected adherents, such as Dr. Yoni Freedhoff, that would say you should eat to prevent future hunger. The idea is that if you wait until you're really hungy, you'll often end up eating more in total than if you ate to prevent yourself from becoming really hungry in the first place.

The second point won't really matter as much if you're counting calories - meal timing doesn't matter for weight loss, calories do - but some people may find it easier to stick to a deficit if they are eating smaller but more frequently.

Sure; all good advice; but at 10PM at night?

Why not 10 pm? Nothing wrong with eating at 10

agreed... time means nothing - your body doesn't recognize what day it is.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

In fact the nearby bodega owner recognizes me as the strange girl who used to come in buying ice cream novelties from the freezer in the winter. (Alas, he does not stock them this winter, and I've had to settle on candy bars/nutty bars/debbie cake single).

Ooh, good call on the nutty bars! There's a food I can't keep in the house! So yum!
  • SymbolismNZ
    SymbolismNZ Posts: 190 Member
    Options

You should read the success forum a bit more about the lifestyle transformations people have made and how many people have made complete turn arounds in all areas, then.

Your responses on these forums are too colored simply by your own experience and have no bearing on what most of us are doing.

I really, really think you should back off on the presumption that all of us are doing what you used to do and are fat desperate people restricting in the stupidest way possible merely to get the weight off just to be thin. And you're here to save us all.

The thing is, you've already shared elements of your story with me and you did exactly the same thing earlier in your life before finally understanding that proper nutrition and a lifestyle choice, rather than dieting was your option.

Read more? That's something I think people here need to do; because as much as you try to deny it, the prevalent statement here is "As long as it's within your calories, you can do it" - with no thought to any other health measurement.

What's insulting is when people spout their opinions as fact, which is something you in particular are guilty of.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    I just want to say how grossed out I am by people who keep suggesting peanut butter by itself. I usually can't even stand it on a sandwich. lol. Yuck. I vote a giant bag of chips, pizza or a pint of ice cream for times like this.

Right? How does anyone eat straight peanut butter? If I go overboard with the PB on bread I feel as though I'll never be able to chew it, like I'm slowly drowning in peanut butter sandwich. I do need to have a pizza night very soon. I've had pizza every week since I've began tracking.

I LOVE peanut butter sandwiches 6 to 8 ounces a day with sliced banana at least three days a week throw in a Glass of Whole milk with a scoop of chocolate Protein and its quite possible the Most Balanced MACRO meal on the Planet..My POST workout delight..

tbgrtb6ex836.jpg

• mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I would have nachos. And maybe beer!
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    As this post is two days old I will fill you in on the details. I ate most of my remaining calories before 6 PM and concluded my 24 hour tracking period, then ate my dinner at 6 PM. How anything you have posted has anything to do with this I do not know.
    aww but we wanted to know HOW you filled those calories, as that is what the actual topical responses were about :D

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    As this post is two days old I will fill you in on the details. I ate most of my remaining calories before 6 PM and concluded my 24 hour tracking period, then ate my dinner at 6 PM. How anything you have posted has anything to do with this I do not know.
    aww but we wanted to know HOW you filled those calories, as that is what the actual topical responses were about :D

I think that is around page 3.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

The thing is, you've already shared elements of your story with me and you did exactly the same thing earlier in your life before finally understanding that proper nutrition and a lifestyle choice, rather than dieting was your option.

Read more? That's something I think people here need to do; because as much as you try to deny it, the prevalent statement here is "As long as it's within your calories, you can do it" - with no thought to any other health measurement.

What's insulting is when people spout their opinions as fact, which is something you in particular are guilty of.

How is stating my opinion anything other than my opinion?

You have no idea of any of the research I've done prior to coming here or my background.

Honestly, I don't know why, other than saying you cherry picked, you've gotten so offended by anything I've said to you that you've had such a strong reaction to anything I've said that you're reacting this way to my posts.

I'm a busy wife and mother who has overcome a lot of personal struggles who has very little time to post on these forums. I pick my battles on here.

I don't like study wars and don't have time for them since I'm homeschooling a child right now.

It's clear I rub you the wrong way, but honestly, I've done nothing to deserve the insults you're lobbing my way. I wish you'd stop.
  • ritzvin
    Options

Ooh, good call on the nutty bars! There's a food I can't keep in the house! So yum!

Same here. Its one of the (many) foods I'll only buy in a single serving (thankfully the bodega across the corner sells them that way). (Even so, I'll only do that after a longer run since even a single package has a lot of calories).
  • RhapsodyWinters
    RhapsodyWinters Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    ;p you could potentially save those calories for the next day and indulge in something decadent