Options

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I've never had Funyuns...

Me either, but I do enjoy Cheese Puffs.

I've never heard of Funyuns, but if they're anything like Cheese Puffs you can count me in.

t1cra12u5brx.jpg

The taste is different but the texture is about the same.

I have been snacking on Harvest Crisp Lightly Salted SnapPeas. Here again the texture is about the same. They are not as good as Cheese Puffs or Funyuns but they are way lower in calorie and especially sodium. You can eat the whole bag for about 350 calories.
  • brewerfan13
    brewerfan13 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    Easy Mac Diet week 2 weight loss.... 2 pounds. Total of 5 pounds in 2 weeks. Are you eating endless water crest salads? Going to dinner parties and passing on deserts? Drinking a glass of water when you really want a beer, wine or mixed drink? Dragging yourself to the gym when you want to watch the NFL playoffs? There is no need to make those sacrifices on the Easy Mac Diet!! #easymac

Oh Easy Mac...I hate to even bring this up but I feel as if I must.

I lost 6.2lbs in two weeks and I never had an Easy Mac...not even one single Easy Mac. I never ate a watercress salad nor any kind of salad. Don't think that I have had what you might call a desert but I have had some snacks along the way. Not a beer drinker so you got me there. I didn't even drag myself to the gym. I have done some walking along the river and some resistance training at home. I do those things at my convenience though.

I haven't sacrificed anything along the way. Last night for dinner I tried a new recipe. For about 650 calories it was a huge amount of food...too much. Chicken, pasta and a lots of veggies. I was stuffed!

#losingweightwithoutEasyMac

Maybe you should write a book.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how I missed getting in on the ground floor of the #easymac empire you are building OP! This sure beats all the ACV threads...

What are your thoughts on the character Easy Mac? You could mix it up by subbing in TMNT or Star Wars for the regular boring "line kind" as my kids call it...
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Easy Mac Diet week 2 weight loss.... 2 pounds. Total of 5 pounds in 2 weeks. Are you eating endless water crest salads? Going to dinner parties and passing on deserts? Drinking a glass of water when you really want a beer, wine or mixed drink? Dragging yourself to the gym when you want to watch the NFL playoffs? There is no need to make those sacrifices on the Easy Mac Diet!! #easymac

I lost 6.2lbs in two weeks and I never had an Easy Mac...not even one single Easy Mac. I never ate a watercress salad nor any kind of salad. Don't think that I have had what you might call a desert but I have had some snacks along the way. Not a beer drinker so you got me there. I didn't even drag myself to the gym. I have done some walking along the river and some resistance training at home. I do those things at my convenience though.

I haven't sacrificed anything along the way. Last night for dinner I tried a new recipe. For about 650 calories it was a huge amount of food...too much. Chicken, pasta and a lots of veggies. I was stuffed!

Maybe you should write a book.

Why would I want to do that? This week I might not lose anything. I think everyone has to find out what works for them.

Losing that much weight in two weeks wasn't my goal. For the next 15 lbs my goal is only 1 1/2 lbs per week. Because I lost as much as I did tells me...

I was retaining a lot of water and/or

I didn't eat enough at my current activity level.

My goal is primarily health and fitness. Weight loss is only a part of that.

Some people lose 6.2 pounds going to the bathroom. #easymac

This was a little snarky Easy Mac...I am a little disappointed.

Hmmm...Your 5 lb lose was fantastic but my 6 lb loss was only a lot of "kitten"???

However...I congratulate you on your progress and that you have found a way to do this that fits your lifestyle.

#overandoutEasyMac

• brewerfan13
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I'm not sure how I missed getting in on the ground floor of the #easymac empire you are building OP! This sure beats all the ACV threads...

What are your thoughts on the character Easy Mac? You could mix it up by subbing in TMNT or Star Wars for the regular boring "line kind" as my kids call it...

If those come in the little tubs though i'd have to remove the white particles that make the noodles gel up. I made a youtube video describing that, but due to community rules I cannot post that here.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I just love how the OP talks about the Easy Mac diet as if it was an actual thing, you've brought many people joy Sir.
  • cambridgestylist
    cambridgestylist Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If your diet restricts proper nutrition contained in pizza, your diet is void of a simple commen sense approach to eating a well balanced diet. This 2 slice snack of Domino's pizza is packed with complex carbs, ample protein and a fair amount of healthy fats. And best of all, it is hand prepared when ordered which means it is fresh!! #easymac

shouldnt this post have been signed off #domino's

no silly, you don't use apostrophes in hashtags

LOL!
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Your diary is locked tight with lock and key. Can't see a thing.

Strange. It is set to public

[/quote]

My wife can see my diary but we are friends on the app. Not sure if that is the reason. [/quote]

x6z1h16zhjuq.png
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I can see OP's food diary (I'm on a desktop right now).

OP-best MFP thread ever. Well done sir, well done.
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I think it's an app thing, I can't see it when I'm on my phone, but I can when I'm on the comp.
  • brewerfan13
    Options
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    True story:

When I left home at 16 with my dog in tow, I had *very* little money to feed either of us on.

Kraft Dinner was on sale for 17 cents a box. (This was in in late '60's!) So I gathered every dime I could and bought a freaking case of it. 48 boxes.

Figured that my dog and I could split a box of it between us for dinner every night and at least neither of us would starve to death. ;)

Problem was, I couldn't afford the milk or the butter that you're supposed to use to make the powdered cheese sauce decent. So I just boiled the noodles and added water to the powder to make the sauce. It was pretty gross, but it's all we had.

After about two weeks of having this as our only meal of the day, I made up the usual batch, and put half of it into my dog's dish. She walked over to it, sniffed it, and then looked up at me with a look that clearly said, "I just can't do this." When my freaking dog turned it down, I knew we were in trouble! LOL

To this day - almost fifty years later - just the smell of Kraft dinner makes me gag. :D

Swap dog for cat and Kraft Dinner for tuna noodle casserole and you have 2 years of me being at uni!

I lived off of chicken ramen noodles in college. It was what I could afford. You can't beat 6 for a $1.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I've never had Funyuns...

You've never had funyuns?! My goodness. I love those things, but it's been about a year since I've had some. I like to share a bag with my dad.