Easy Mac Diet

Options

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I confess this is my favorite thread on MFP right now. I come back for the updates every single day.

Me too. <3 January on MFP is hilarious.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party..my only comment is that the Easy Velveeta shells and cheese tastes better than Easy Mac. And I could absolutely do this meal plan.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I confess this is my favorite thread on MFP right now. I come back for the updates every single day.

Me too. <3 January on MFP is hilarious.

Not always in a good way, though.

This thread is very, very good.
  • shelleyrhoads
    shelleyrhoads Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Are you getting sick of it yet? Sorry if you have already addressed this.
  • brewerfan13
    brewerfan13 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Easy Mac Saved May Have Saved My Life

I've been debating about whether or not to post this, but here goes. I was working as a waiter in a cocktail bar (ok, it was a strip club) and one day, two dudes walk in wearing long black trench coats. I found this odd, as it was the middle of June in Los Angeles. My eyes followed them as they walked to the back of the club. After about 30 seconds, a seemingly drunk African American guy (who I later learned was an off duty cop) walks up and starts talking to them. The conversation got heated and as you can imagine, I started to fear for this man's safety.

Then, in a flash, one of the trench coat guys pulls out a shotgun. There was a struggle. I heard a loud "Pop!" as I dove for cover behind a stack of boxes near the kitchen entrance (we'd just gotten our shipment of Easy Mac). It all happened so quickly. There was a lot of yelling followed by silence. I peered out from behind the boxes to see that the African American guy had somehow managed to disarm the guy with the shotgun. His buddy now had a gun to his head, courtesy of another patron in the bar, a rather pudgy white guy in a grey suit (another cop, I later learned). I gathered up the courage to step out from behind the Easy Mac and discovered the boxes I was hiding behind had been hit by shotgun shot. So yes, I think it's safe to say that Easy Mac may very well have saved my life!

This story is not all true and is based entirely on a scene from Beverly Hills Cop (along with a subtle nod to the song "Don't You Want Me" by The Human League.)

Easy Mac in a strip bar?
  • brewerfan13
    Options

No. I actually look forward to my 2 servings (typically lunch and dinner)

I especially like how it tastes with Tony's seasoning. Oh so good. The hardest part is getting the water level in the bowl just right because too much and it is too runny, not enough and it is difficult to mix in the cheese.

I start my diary by adding 2 servings right off the bat since I know I'll be eating both. The app keeps giving me the same "your goal for sodium is blah blah blah" so I guess that has been a challenge.

But not having to give up caffeine, especially diet soda has been great. Sorry for the long answer.

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this was already covered, but mac n' cheese with hot sauce is fantastic. Sriracha, Frank's, Tapatio, Crystal, Tobasco...they all work.
  • brewerfan13
    Options
    Don't know if this was already covered, but mac n' cheese with hot sauce is fantastic. Sriracha, Frank's, Tapatio, Crystal, Tobasco...they all work.

It's hard to mess up an almost perfect dish.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

I've been debating about whether or not to post this, but here goes. I was working as a waiter in a cocktail bar (ok, it was a strip club) and one day, two dudes walk in wearing long black trench coats. I found this odd, as it was the middle of June in Los Angeles. My eyes followed them as they walked to the back of the club. After about 30 seconds, a seemingly drunk African American guy (who I later learned was an off duty cop) walks up and starts talking to them. The conversation got heated and as you can imagine, I started to fear for this man's safety.

Then, in a flash, one of the trench coat guys pulls out a shotgun. There was a struggle. I heard a loud "Pop!" as I dove for cover behind a stack of boxes near the kitchen entrance (we'd just gotten our shipment of Easy Mac). It all happened so quickly. There was a lot of yelling followed by silence. I peered out from behind the boxes to see that the African American guy had somehow managed to disarm the guy with the shotgun. His buddy now had a gun to his head, courtesy of another patron in the bar, a rather pudgy white guy in a grey suit (another cop, I later learned). I gathered up the courage to step out from behind the Easy Mac and discovered the boxes I was hiding behind had been hit by shotgun shot. So yes, I think it's safe to say that Easy Mac may very well have saved my life!

This story is not all true and is based entirely on a scene from Beverly Hills Cop (along with a subtle nod to the song "Don't You Want Me" by The Human League.)

Easy Mac in a strip bar?

Clearly a high class joint. Ya know?
  • brewerfan13
    Options
    Easy Mac Day #15 in the books. 1354 calories in. Hopefully a few more out. Time will tell. #easymac
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options

I especially like how it tastes with Tony's seasoning. Oh so good. The hardest part is getting the water level in the bowl just right because too much and it is too runny, not enough and it is difficult to mix in the cheese.

I start my diary by adding 2 servings right off the bat since I know I'll be eating both. The app keeps giving me the same "your goal for sodium is blah blah blah" so I guess that has been a challenge.

But not having to give up caffeine, especially diet soda has been great. Sorry for the long answer.

I make easy mac for my son a few times a week, and I usually fill up the bowl with a little more water than I think vs not enough and the noodles come out with zero left after cooking in the microwave. Then I just spoon out any excess water by mashing a spoon down into the noodles without getting any noodles.. hope that makes sense! After mixing in the cheese packet I also add half a slice of the Velveeta single's cheese and it makes it taste so much better :wink:
  • brewerfan13
    Options
    ElvenToad wrote: »

I make easy mac for my son a few times a week, and I usually fill up the bowl with a little more water than I think vs not enough and the noodles come out with zero left after cooking in the microwave. Then I just spoon out any excess water by mashing a spoon down into the noodles without getting any noodles.. hope that makes sense! After mixing in the cheese packet I also add half a slice of the Velveeta single's cheese and it makes it taste so much better :wink:

Makes total sense. Better to have more water than not enough.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

I ain't gonna fall for no banana in my tailpipe.
  • brewerfan13
    Options
    Your diet restricts you from country sausage? Don't sacrifice taste when trying to lose weight. Your plan will fail. #easymac
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Easy Mac Day #15 in the books. 1354 calories in. Hopefully a few more out. Time will tell. #easymac

1354 calories plus more lost from exercise is too low for a man. Even #easymac can't save your body from the impact of sustained under eating.
  • brewerfan13
    Options

1354 calories plus more lost from exercise is too low for a man. Even #easymac can't save your body from the impact of sustained under eating.

yesterday was a lower than normal as my target is right under 1800. That said, i could have had 2400 and not skipped a beat. I don't sweat the small stuff on the Easy Mac Diet #easymac