Options

Replies

• brewerfan13
    brewerfan13 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    I read your diary @brewerfan13 .

CICO works. All hail CICO.

I appreciate your comment. Here are a few points of information I found on the internet (so they must be true)

* Americans spend over $60,000,000,000 to lose weight, every year! That's sixty billion dollars.
    * Diet pills and meal replacement solutions are a $3 billion market.
    * The typical dieter makes 4 attempts per year to try and lose weight.
    * About 3 billion dollars are spent on weight loss chains such as Weight Watchers.
    * As of the end of 2014 there were over 75 million members of this site (not sure how many are considered active users)

I'm glad you deciphered from my 14 day diary that CICO works. Does it work long term? Does it work short term? Can you eat a deficit including anything you want to eat and still lose weight? How are you sure your deficit is really calculated correctly, was it based on an analysis of your body? Does your body burn calories at a rate that an internet calculator says it does, and if so, how do you really know? Are the food labels you read and put faith into really accurate and how can you be sure? What is your activity level and is the calorie amount you fitness tracker or internet calculator saying you burned really accurate? When you go to the doctor to get your blood pressure checked, is the method and procedure done correctly and does the result really matter? When you talk macros, what is optimal and according to who? What is that person/organizations real interests?

These are all questions you have to ask yourself when making blanket statements that CICO works. Works for who? Me? You? Does your metabolism adjust to the amount of food intake/activity performed? How often does it adjust and what impact would that adjustment have on the amount of net calories you would need in a day to make sure you remain at a deficit...if that is indeed your goal. And how do you know when it adjust so you can make the proper adjustment?

I'm on the Easy Mac Diet to incorporate flexibility and consistency into my daily routine in an effort to lose weight. Has it worked so far? Yes. Will it work today? Not sure, it is very early. Will it work tomorrow, in the near shorter, mid or long term....time will tell.

#easymac

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    cgvet37 wrote: »
    Just enjoyed this well balanced snack. Whopper Jr (no cheese) and fries. High quality ingredients for a low low price. If you listen to the so called experts that bash fast food, I'd seriously consider their qualifications. Beef, tomato, lettuce and onion - these are all items found in the meat case and produce section at your local grocer. Eat what you want to eat when you want to eat it. The Easy Mac diet has ZERO restrictions. #easymac

If you want to call beef from Burger King quality. Might as well chew on the sole of your shoe.

I suggest you do some research before spouting untruths

I have, and beef used by fast food restaurants is not quality.
  • brewerfan13
    Options
    Just enjoyed this well balanced snack. Whopper Jr (no cheese) and fries. High quality ingredients for a low low price. If you listen to the so called experts that bash fast food, I'd seriously consider their qualifications. Beef, tomato, lettuce and onion - these are all items found in the meat case and produce section at your local grocer. Eat what you want to eat when you want to eat it. The Easy Mac diet has ZERO restrictions. #easymac

If you want to call beef from Burger King quality. Might as well chew on the sole of your shoe.

Burger King says its patties are made from 100 percent beef.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Care to share your research?
  • cgvet37
    Options

That does not mean it's quality beef though.
  • idioblast
    idioblast Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've been seeing references to this thread while lurking around and I finally decided to seek it out. Did not disappoint. Love it.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

Define "quality beef" and how you would test for such.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    I read your diary @brewerfan13 .

CICO works. All hail CICO.

I appreciate your comment. Here are a few points of information I found on the internet (so they must be true)

* Americans spend over $60,000,000,000 to lose weight, every year! That's sixty billion dollars.
    * Diet pills and meal replacement solutions are a $3 billion market.
    * The typical dieter makes 4 attempts per year to try and lose weight.
    * About 3 billion dollars are spent on weight loss chains such as Weight Watchers.
    * As of the end of 2014 there were over 75 million members of this site (not sure how many are considered active users)

I'm glad you deciphered from my 14 day diary that CICO works. Does it work long term? Does it work short term? Can you eat a deficit including anything you want to eat and still lose weight? How are you sure your deficit is really calculated correctly, was it based on an analysis of your body? Does your body burn calories at a rate that an internet calculator says it does, and if so, how do you really know? Are the food labels you read and put faith into really accurate and how can you be sure? What is your activity level and is the calorie amount you fitness tracker or internet calculator saying you burned really accurate? When you go to the doctor to get your blood pressure checked, is the method and procedure done correctly and does the result really matter? When you talk macros, what is optimal and according to who? What is that person/organizations real interests?

These are all questions you have to ask yourself when making blanket statements that CICO works. Works for who? Me? You? Does your metabolism adjust to the amount of food intake/activity performed? How often does it adjust and what impact would that adjustment have on the amount of net calories you would need in a day to make sure you remain at a deficit...if that is indeed your goal. And how do you know when it adjust so you can make the proper adjustment?

I'm on the Easy Mac Diet to incorporate flexibility and consistency into my daily routine in an effort to lose weight. Has it worked so far? Yes. Will it work today? Not sure, it is very early. Will it work tomorrow, in the near shorter, mid or long term....time will tell.

#easymac

it will work if you make it work
    #makeitwork#
  • cgvet37
    Options

Define "quality beef" and how you would test for such.

The information is out there. I have had beef from my famlies farm. Where the cows are free roam and not injected with hormones. The texture, and color of the beef, not to mention the taste, is far superior to the crap they serve at Burger King. Or any fast food restaurant for that fact. It's like comparing processed cheese to cheese bought from a reputable Deli.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Is anyone else singing or had the Kraft Maccaroni & Cheese song from the 90s stuck in their head? No, just me. Okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnlW1fSXZZM
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I appreciate OP's enthusiasm.

I could not do an easy mac diet. I am not a fan of the easy mac cups, I like the box stuff better. Even then, I would struggle.

Now.....snickers? I could totally do a snickers diet.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I think my HS health teacher used to call easy mac "yellow death."
  • legsnbacon
    legsnbacon Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Eat 2 servings of Easy Mac a day and any other foods to stay within you caloric goal. Day 3 almost in the books. Feeling great.

Can I switch out Easy Mac for spaghettios with franks? or maybe oriental flavor ramen?
  • brewerfan13
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    I appreciate OP's enthusiasm.

I could not do an easy mac diet. I am not a fan of the easy mac cups, I like the box stuff better. Even then, I would struggle.

Now.....snickers? I could totally do a snickers diet.

i don't like the cups either. I get the individual pouches off amazon. The cups are very nasty. I described my experience with the cups a few pages back
  • brewerfan13
    Options
    captbklee wrote: »
    I think my HS health teacher used to call easy mac "yellow death."

can't believe everything your told
  • brewerfan13
    Options
    legsnbacon wrote: »
    Eat 2 servings of Easy Mac a day and any other foods to stay within you caloric goal. Day 3 almost in the books. Feeling great.

Can I switch out Easy Mac for spaghettios with franks? or maybe oriental flavor ramen?

I'd eat that in addition to the easy mac to fill out your daily calorie goal
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I didn't have #easymac , but I just had a Banquet chicken nuggets and mac & cheese meal. I didn't have bbq, but I found some honey bbq mustard that looked like it had been in the fridge for years. Put some of that in the mac. It was spectacular.