Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited January 2017
    Had Mucho burrito for dinner. And a churro with dulce de leche.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    homemade pizza for dinner last night... with extra Gorgonzola. Still drooling.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Made myself a personal pizza last night because when it comes to pizza, I have to be able to eat the whole thing. Today, leftover hot wings from my son's birthday party. Tonight I will probably spring for a salad. I found the Bolthouse creamy garlic dressing in the store and it seems to be a favorite among the MFP crowd. I am not big into salad unless I can slather it in creamy dressing, so tonight I am going all in!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    I had a ROUGH day today!!! I ordered an 18" pizza with half giardiniera, buffalo bleu cheese ranch fries (x2, one without bleu cheese and ranch is on the side), cheese fries with jalapeno and mac and cheese bites due here around 11pm! Lol. I ordered for the entire family btw (5 of us and we all like different things) so obviously I am not eating a giant pizza and all those sides lol. However, I will be having a night where I just don't care tonight because I am just feeling horrible and it will cheer me up! ^_^ Back to the diet tomorrow. Oh and yes I am still losing weight when I eat this way, just slower than before, which I am okay with because I am not exercising much at all and I'm exhausted 24/7.

I would have tried to eat the whole thing. :D
    My calories are 1200 so I definitely can not do that. I could easily eat an 18" pizza plus multiple full side dishes no problem.
  • Verity1111
    fitbethlin wrote: »
    I might work my way up to clean eating, but small changes stick better with me. And while I know it's possible to eat well while traveling, I'm not real motivated to try that hard when doing so leaves me hungry or strapped for time. There are also days where eating half a pizza is a totally reasonable response to life. As long as it's not EVERY Tuesday, I don't think it's an issue.

Like drinking less diet soda* instead of making it a staple in my diet. I'm not cutting it out, but I am more moderate than I used to be. Same with alcohol. Let me tell you about how good a rum & diet tastes when I finally give in and have one...

*(Yeah yeah, I know it's all CICO and there are no calories in diet soda, but it does change my appetite and make it harder to stay within the appropriate calorie range or get the sleep I need. )
    I always hated diet soda, but found out yesterday I can stand diet cherry pepsi and diet dr pepper. I actually find it lowers my appetite because I can continuously have flavor without calories, so I don't need to eat as often.
  • Verity1111
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    Finally tried Halo Top! I am a convert. I was so skeptical, and I am still a little in shock about how good it was.

I started with the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup. I still have the Birthday Cake, Oatmeal Cookie and Mint Chip in my freezer! So happy to find an ice cream alternative where I can eat a whole pint!
    Right? I was a skeptic too, but I think it's delicious. If you see s'mores try it if you don't mine a caramel type flavor with little chocolate chips and graham cracker because it's yummy.

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Finally tried Halo Top! I am a convert. I was so skeptical, and I am still a little in shock about how good it was.

I started with the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup. I still have the Birthday Cake, Oatmeal Cookie and Mint Chip in my freezer! So happy to find an ice cream alternative where I can eat a whole pint!

I feel like this ice cream is saving my life!! I know, dramatic much? I haven't tried any of the flavors that you have yet. I've tried 2 different chocolate varieties. One was great and the other not so much. The salted caramel is good, but tastes like butter pecan without the pecans, so I constantly feel like it's missing something.

Hopefully I can find the chocolate pb cup for next weekend. Were the other flavors good?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    I might work my way up to clean eating, but small changes stick better with me. And while I know it's possible to eat well while traveling, I'm not real motivated to try that hard when doing so leaves me hungry or strapped for time. There are also days where eating half a pizza is a totally reasonable response to life. As long as it's not EVERY Tuesday, I don't think it's an issue.

Like drinking less diet soda* instead of making it a staple in my diet. I'm not cutting it out, but I am more moderate than I used to be. Same with alcohol. Let me tell you about how good a rum & diet tastes when I finally give in and have one...

*(Yeah yeah, I know it's all CICO and there are no calories in diet soda, but it does change my appetite and make it harder to stay within the appropriate calorie range or get the sleep I need. )
    I always hated diet soda, but found out yesterday I can stand diet cherry pepsi and diet dr pepper. I actually find it lowers my appetite because I can continuously have flavor without calories, so I don't need to eat as often.
    My go to and I keep at least a case handy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Puts feet and and settles in. This place is looking cosy.

I have just added this app after a bad experience on another. Kept being told that my diet wasn't healthy enough because I included wholemeal bread and fruit.

OMG dem carbs tho...!!!!!1! ;)

Health is so more than what we eat. Our mental health plays a vital role in how healthy we are. You have to enjoy your food. A little junk food every now and then won't do any harm as long as calories in are not more than calories out. It can be good for the soul.

I agree... I don't think it's much good eating "healthily" if you don't enjoy what you're eating or you feel miserable because you're depriving yourself of something you really want. If the weight comes off a little more slowly because you have a pizza now and again, who cares?!

(And welcome, btw!)
  • jennylea70
    jennylea70 Posts: 57 Member
    everher wrote: »
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    You mean... this is a safe space that I can admit that I mostly rely on Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones frozen lunches during the work week?

So much this. I don't like having the same thing for lunch as I have for dinner and there's only so many sandwiches, soups, and salads I can eat. Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones are cheap, I didn't have to make it, and it fits in my calories. . .

And usually I have room for a copious amount of sweets afterwards so there's that too.

Me too! That's lunch most days for me and it works for me!

• Verity1111
    ninerbuff wrote: »

My go to and I keep at least a case handy.
    I just discovered Diet Cherry Dr Pepper. I love it! I really don't tell much of a difference at all.
  • Verity1111
    So excited! I am getting girl scout cookies today! I have my husband keep them in the freezer at his office and I place an order of how many for him to bring home each night based on my calorie limits.

Tonight I get 4 tagalongs with 8 oz. milk!

nbkoqvarah9x.jpg

Smart idea! He helps you control yourself. That's a marriage!