Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    @rakowskidp Nacho Dorritos dipped in sour cream. You're welcome.
    @quiksylver296 Couple months ago husband and I found 'nacho cheese' flavor Cheetos at the international grocer. They were AMAZING.

I've heard Nacho Doritos and cottage cheese. Haven't tried it, but it sounds intriguing.

i used to do doritos with lemon juice and hot sauce. super good.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @rakowskidp Nacho Dorritos dipped in sour cream. You're welcome.
    @quiksylver296 Couple months ago husband and I found 'nacho cheese' flavor Cheetos at the international grocer. They were AMAZING.
    Mm-hmm... I make nachos with Doritos instead of plain tortillas... so good!
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options

i used to do doritos with lemon juice and hot sauce. super good.

Omg that sounds incredible.

@estherdragonbat beet greens are like my favorite type of green. Welcome to the addiction lol.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Ok if I rave about something healthy? I tried a "Moroccan beet green" salad this week, mainly as a way to avoid throwing out the greens when I was already using the beets in something else. The leaves and stems are separated and then sauteed (stems for 8 minutes, adding the leaves to the pan at the 5-minute mark) with about a teaspoon of oil, seasoning, and lemon juice. Then serve the salad cold or at room temperature.

It was a hit at Saturday lunch and I had about a half serving left over. Stuck it on a veggie burger (Yves fake chicken patty) with hummus and pickled jalapeno and... OMG, where has this been all my life?????

Mmm they don't usually sell the beets with the green here... So I'll have to wait for the garden harvest. But I'm really bummed I can't try it today as that sounds amazingly good!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Friday is my day I usually treat myself to whatever food I want. In the back of my mind I want a cheeseburger and fries, but the last time I had it I felt so guilty that I did not enjoy it. I just do not think it is really worth the calories for me. I think instead I will have fried rice and pan fried fish from a local korean/mexican restaurant. They also have delicious fried wontons. I decided to take out a sweet potato pie from the freezer that I made for last Thanksgiving, So delicious and so unhealthy, but worth every single bite.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    Friday is my day I usually treat myself to whatever food I want. In the back of my mind I want a cheeseburger and fries, but the last time I had it I felt so guilty that I did not enjoy it. I just do not think it is really worth the calories for me. I think instead I will have fried rice and pan fried fish from a local korean/mexican restaurant. They also have delicious fried wontons. I decided to take out a sweet potato pie from the freezer that I made for last Thanksgiving, So delicious and so unhealthy, but worth every single bite.

I mean the rice could be just as many calories lol depending on who makes it. You can have anything you want and I'm sure you'll be fine! it's ONE day! Just avoid eating like 5000calories lol
  • OhMsDiva
    Options
    I don't judge... I have to have my pizza at least twice a month... And i love a good burger...Lol

Me too but I cant control myself around real pizza....lol. I pretty much only eat pizza on vacation so when I eat too much I can say that I was on vacation.
  • OhMsDiva
    Options
    Susie!!! I'm supposed to be cutting for my next competition!

Oops. Sorry. You still love me, right?! ;)

You know it!!! <3<3<3

(It's actually fine. Because I'm not a cookie butter fan. I was just teasing you.)

Not a cookie butter fan?! :o I feel like I never knew you at all! ;) Now, if cookie butter doesn't do the trick, I could always put up pictures of chocolate chip cookies or cheesecake. Or perhaps... Lemon bars?

rbn22mo3mq29.jpg
    (Okay, not my own picture. I couldn't find it. But it WAS the same recipe that I got this picture from and they looked the same, so it counts, right?)

I know, I know, I'm HORRIBLE. But I take your continued love for granted. ;)

I actually had a small piece of a snickerdoodle caramel bar thing this morning. Someone's birthday at work.

39g1ti70et50.jpg

Oh my damn that looks good
  • OhMsDiva
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »

I mean the rice could be just as many calories lol depending on who makes it. You can have anything you want and I'm sure you'll be fine! it's ONE day! Just avoid eating like 5000calories lol

That is true, but after a burger and fries I am usually still hungry also. Maybe I inhale it and don't bother to chew it so I do not realize that I have eaten anything.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »

That is true, but after a burger and fries I am usually still hungry also. Maybe I inhale it and don't bother to chew it so I do not realize that I have eaten anything.

Burgers are kind of small to me (in size) and easy to devour. With rice you use a spoon or some sort of utensils so it seems to take longer to eat and maybe makes us feel closer to full?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    There will be lots of meat this weekend. Nom nom nom!
  • Verity1111
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I just ate a bolillo with my kids enchilada sauce. I made him amy's cheese enchiladas in the microwave and dipped the bolillo in the sauce after I put the enchiladas on a plate for him. He's 2 so I try not to put too much sauce or it gets everywhere. That probably is the laziest meal I have eaten in a long time. lol...
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options
    I hope everyone had a lovely Memorial Day Weekend and ate a lot of tasty food! My husband and I basically ate all 3 meals out on Saturday lol
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Attempted Dutch oven cooking this weekend. Pecan cobbler (didn't turn out very pretty, but tasted good), chocolate dump cake (turned out good and tasted good), and roasted cauliflower. Along with shrimp, chicken and beef kabobs, steaks, tacos, smores...

I'm fat. :p
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I am having a donut and Pepsi for breakfast - because I friggin can... plus I had one donut out of the box of 6 saved for me for days and didn't touch it. Thanks to growing up around my mother's Pepsi addiction and Entenmann's addiction, I can't eat one without craving the other. lol.
  • tayl09
    tayl09 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I eat whatever I want that meets my calorie limit and meets my nutritional needs. Even if it is...gasp...PROCESSED FOODS AND FROZEN MEALS! EGAD!
    I just buy a bunch of lean cuisine and similar because I tend to work 14 hrs a day and love my sleep. Frozen meals ftw!
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    tayl09 wrote: »
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I eat whatever I want that meets my calorie limit and meets my nutritional needs. Even if it is...gasp...PROCESSED FOODS AND FROZEN MEALS! EGAD!
    I just buy a bunch of lean cuisine and similar because I tend to work 14 hrs a day and love my sleep. Frozen meals ftw!
    I'm just lazy...
  • Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late to the game but I lost 60lbs while still eating pizza, chicken fingers and McDonalds. It was strictly calories in/out for me and it worked. =)
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options
    Just out of curiousity, does anyone here use any no-sugar sweetener, and if so what is your favorite? I'm trying to decide what kind I want to use to try some keto baking and I'm probably going to take a crack at stevia, but I wanted some other opinions if y'all have em!