Anyone got a stomach pearcing?

Options

Replies

• theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    LOL. it's a sarcastic ****ing joke .. I myself have tattoos and piercings! :-)

As should have been obvious to anyone who bothered look at your avatar and weight loss ticker... :wink:

And you forgot to mention NBA players.

NBA players.. drug users.. yep :P
  • dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    LOL. it's a sarcastic ****ing joke .. I myself have tattoos and piercings! :-)

As should have been obvious to anyone who bothered look at your avatar and weight loss ticker... :wink:

And you forgot to mention NBA players.

NBA players.. drug users.. yep :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Andersen

*innocent whistling*
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I had my navel pierced 14 years ago and after a 5 year thinking process to make sure I didn't want it due to a college fad, etc. I've never heard anyone say they were trashy. Maybe for those that always wear skimpy clothing. It was a reward for myself after I had lost some weight and wanted something motivational to go further. I got a barbell so I didn't have it get in the way but in the early stages I still had to roll down tops of pants to not get irritated. I always followed up with recommended cleaning products too and only listened to those that had one along with my instructions given. The place I got it done had been in business since I was born and not a place that started doing it for the money/fad. These days it's just a part of me and still like having it. Most folks don't know I have it and has surprised a few bfs, who all seemed to like it.

Get it if you really want it and think you will still be okay with it years from now.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    I got mine done probably 17-18 years ago when i was on vacation in Daytona Beach. Love it. Yes it was sore for a few days - didn't even want anyone touching my stomach but after that I was good to go. I have never had any kind of problem with it whatsoever. I've also never heard of anyone calling them trashy and if they did to each his own. If it's something you want go for it. It's your body. :smile:
  • CycleGuy9000
    CycleGuy9000 Posts: 290
    Options
    Keeping mine. I'm attached to it. Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.

1zyfu2x.jpg

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum!
  • Aylawade
    Aylawade Posts: 22
    Options
    I assume you mean a belly ring. I got one when I was 17 and 105 lbs. The hole is still there but I stopped wearing a ring when I gained weight. I might put one back in once I slim up to my goal weight but it was terrible annoying how it would catch on things.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    My sis has one and I kinda want one but are they still considered trashy? xxx
    Why do you care? People will find a way to find anything trashy or offensive. And I'm just gonna go ahead and assume you mean a belly button piercing. Because while I wouldn't find a stomach piercing trashy, I'd certainly find it disturbing and potentially life threatening.

Hah! My first thought was, "That's not trashy,..that's dangerous!"

OP, my belly button is pierced -almost. It's closed up a bit so I have to have it re-done. I'm waiting until I hit my goal weight, as a little celebration.

I don't know if it's trashy or not. It's all a matter of opinion. I got mine done 10 years ago and even if I don't have anything in it, you can still see the hole, so I figure I might as well put some jewelry in it. Even if I'm getting old :)

You are brave. I had mine done and took it out almost 10 years ago, I have a little scar. I kinda wish I still had it but could never get up the courage to do it again, it hurt so much the firs time and I heard that piercing through the scar tissue is worse.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I think belly rings are super sexy. And not trashy at all.

Can never tell if you're being sarcastic or not my dear! :flowerforyou:
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Keeping mine. I'm attached to it. Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.

1zyfu2x.jpg
    And I'll see every show :P
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Lol I've had mine since my freshman year of college, and I love it! I'm sure some people think it's trashy, but I don't really care.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I kind of want one but I don't know if it would look good on me. I don't seem like the type to get one...if that makes any sense. But I have several ear piercings (along with stretched lobes) and I'm considering a small nose ring.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I've got 2 (top and bottom), and they never get seen by anyone except me, but I still like them and haven't considered retiring them (I've let a lot of piercings go as I've gotten older but these 2 can stay). go for it!
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I have one. Now that I think about it, I'm coming up on my 10 year anniversary of having it (got it at 18 on a whim.)

If you never show your belly, like me, then no one would know you have it. They're easy to take out and heal up fast if you decide you don't want it.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Yup.

I got it when I was about 15 and definitely don't regret it as I'm 26 now.

They always look better on someone that has a fit toned stomach in my humble opinion

:)
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have my Monroe, took it out....nose, lost it and never got a new one...ears, I don't bother with earrings. My belly button ring is the only one I've kept in and I love it.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    I had three goes at it....

#1 they screwed it up, and the piercing ripped and I ended up with an abcess

#2 I had to have an emergency MRI just after it was done and they took it out and it wouldn't go back in

#3 rejected

I LOVE the look, but gave up.

I also had to remove my tragus piercing but still have my three other ear ones and my nose one.
  • AztecKermit
    AztecKermit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I got my navel pierced 14 years ago, I've only ever used barbell styles never a ring.
    I had it done by the same professional who designed and applied my first tattoo.
    Slightly uncomfortable for the first few days when waistbands etc were rubbing the area but after that settled down I have hardly ever noticed it.
    If you want one get one, it's what you think and want that matters not everyone elses opinion. :D
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I got my navel pierced when I was 23, almost 20 years ago. I only took it out for the last couple months of my two pregnancies. The hole never closed up. I've always had just a little silver ring. It's never gotten caught on anything, and I don't like the look of most barbells.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I have one. I've had friends tell me it's a huge turn off.

IMG_20130716_185858.jpg

I got it to make my modeling agent mad because I had the "perfect" belly button but they told me I should go on a diet at 5'7 and under 115 lbs (I'm 15lbs heavier in the picture)

I was 19 and I've had it over 10 years now. I mostly ignore it these days. The novelty wears off after the first few years when you stop caring about getting new rings.

Many people have told me naval rings are a huge turn off. I've gotten huge turn on too. But keep in mind you can still win without one. I don't really regret the decision, it's never been caught in anything, but I'm fairly impartial to it now. It's just there. My only concern about others is getting themselves stuck in a situation where they like someone and they're turned off by it.
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've never had someone say it was a turn off! Strange...