Over 200 New Year New Me Part 26

Options

Replies

• jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm back ladies:happy: [though I won't officially start logging calories until tomorrow..my house is not consistent of very healthy items at the moment]

I had a notification on my facebook that it's been a month since I've logged.. Which lead to some comments on it but for some reason one of the comments struck a nerve enough to make me look at why I started this in the first place and in order for me to fully better myself I need to get my self in shape mentally and physically. Now that mentally has been taken care of I'm ready to physically start kicking these extra pounds off my derriere :laugh:

I've missed you all!!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'm back ladies:happy: [though I won't officially start logging calories until tomorrow..my house is not consistent of very healthy items at the moment]

I had a notification on my facebook that it's been a month since I've logged.. Which lead to some comments on it but for some reason one of the comments struck a nerve enough to make me look at why I started this in the first place and in order for me to fully better myself I need to get my self in shape mentally and physically. Now that mentally has been taken care of I'm ready to physically start kicking these extra pounds off my derriere :laugh:

I've missed you all!!

Yeah I saw one of those comments and was going to say something but didn't know if I would start some drama! Glad to see you back though and glad to hear you are feeling healthy emotioanlly. That's just as important! welcome back!! We've missed you!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    TMI!! Holy smokes!! I must be releasing all the water I been retaining! Geeze!! Already 4 trips to the restroom this morning and only 6 cups of water. This is NOT normal for me! Maybe I'll see some more numbers drop off the scale!! AHH!! :drinker:
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    dear traveling sister pants weight loss thingy....like Blue says,

I'm not sure what to do about the dress for my wedding (end of October) and I need your advice.
    I could go and try on dresses now and maybe buy a size or two smaller than what fits me now OR wait a while, leave it till the last minute and I'll be able to try on more styles & more designers. Most of the dresses I am interested in only go up to size 10 and I should be a size 10 by October. I wouldn't even really be able to try any of them on as of today.

I'm torn because I don't want to stress at the last minute but I also don't want to settle for a dress I don't love.
    I don't want a "wedding dress" and so I'm planning on just buying an off the rack dress and getting any necessary alterations done.

What's a girl to do?
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! I'm back, with a 6 lb. gain. This morning the scale said 197.8 and it's WAY too close to 200 for comfort. Considering everything I ate this weekend had a TON of sodium, I'm going to work on flushing with water and just see where I'm at on Friday.

I'm in on the three 600 calorie workouts this week. I severely need to kick it into gear. I just got my new boxing DVDs in the mail and will try to fit one of those in after my 30 Day Shred workout tonight, after volunteering. Yes, I'll be working out at about 9:30 or 10:00 pm!

On the plus side, I am finally the owner of a tankini and I feel good about it! I tried on about 100 suits before I found one that fit AND looked good but now I can't wait to wear it. If the weather permits, it sounds like we'll be boating with friends on a local lake and I'm so looking forward to it. I find it weird that I used to hate summer because of swimsuits and shorts, but I lived in shorts and my swimsuit all weekend and even went shopping at the mall in shorts, tank top and flip flops yesterday and it's wasn't even sweltering hot. I'm beginning to love summer. Then again, I used to hate winter because of the cold but after I discovered snowshoeing, I'm in love with winter. I think it's really amazing that I feel like I'm fully living life the way it was meant to be lived regardless of the season!

Cogirl: Congrats on the addition of Janie to your family!

Pos_Me: NY sounds like a blast. I love spontaneous trips!

lildebbie: I'm glad to hear Tracy from Biggest Loser was herself on the show and not acting that much. Now we know it can't be THAT scripted! I agree that if it were Daris, I'd totally go talk to them. I'm hoping I'll get to run into SunShine since she grew up in Richfield, MN, where a good portion of my friends live and/or graduated high school from.

Miranda: Welcome back! Hopefully you're ready to work hard after the time off.

Julie: Congrats on having no double chin for your license!

Jesyka: Welcome back! I'm glad to hear you're getting back on track. I was worried about you.

Bluenote: That's so sad about your friend's tragic holiday weekend. It is a good reminder that as long as we're doing our best, we should be proud of ourselves and enjoy the time we have because we never know when it will be gone.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    meook- Ive been diving head first into this wedding thing...and most places tell you to go as far in advance as possible to get your dress. Between actually ordering the dress, getting it in, and alterations it could be months. You are getting married THIS October right?! lol...Im in panic mode for you! I know you have a picture in your mind of what your dress looks like but Id go to a few different places and try them on. Even if they are too small now you can still try it on, they jsut wont zip it up. Also, supposedly wedding dresses are cut bigger for the purpose of alterations so you may be able to fit in a 10 you never know until you go! I plan on looking prob end of this year beginning of next year and my wedding isnt until Sept 2011...

Heather- welcome back!!!!! I still hate summer :laugh: :laugh:

Jess- sounds like the scale will be kind to you tomorrow! Yay!

I NEED MOTIVATION FOR MY RUN! ANY ONE HAVE GOOD QUOTES TO SHARE?!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    cris - sorry you are still feeling bad and having to go to your parents house..that would of erked me ..thanks for the words on my appt...i am a over stressor (since hubby doesn't stress, i guess i feel like i have to do it for both us :smile:)

I am not making it to the gym at lunch (due to the appt), but going to water aerobics tonight...not very many calories though..selective eating today :sad: , i usally have exercise cals everday 350+ so when i get only a little i feel soo deprived...my base is 1460 but usally end up like almost around 1900 cals a day, and have been eating all of them...but i do like julie though...of working for my calories...

Funny, the other day hubby only had like 20 calories left,but wanted something else to eat, so he went and got on the elliptical we had here so he could get some more calories to go eat.

I hope the appoinment goes well Lildebbie - I am the worrier in our family too. My husband doesn't worry about anything, so I worry double about everything. My poor 9-yr-old is just like me (maybe even worse) ... when we left to go to his soccer game last night he asked me if the doors were locked, dog inside, and toaster unplugged. Poor kid, takes after his mom. :ohwell:
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Cris - are you feeling better today? did you go to the doctor?
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Cris, here are your motivational running quotes for today!

"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that."
    -Fred Lebow, New York City Marathon co-founder

"Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it."
    -Oprah Winfrey

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"
    - Peter Maher, Canadian marathon runner

"Ask yourself: 'Can I give more?'. The answer is usually: 'Yes'."
    -Paul Tergat, Kenyan professional marathoner

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
    -John Bingham, running speaker and writer
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    lstpaul-The story about your son had me cracking up! I'm a worrier too!

Cris-I was looking for some quotes myself. I will see if I find anything good and share them with you

Meokk-I would go and try on the size 10 and see how close you are to it. I would really hate for you to be in panic mode trying to find a wedding dress and have to settle. I already ordered my bridesmaid dress for my sisters wedding. Y'all are getting married the same day. Too funny!

Heather-Glad to hear you found a tankini you liked and are enjoying summer! I have been loving summer too this year.I was walking around the campground in cotton shorts and a tanktop and flip flops. I felt naked. They were these cheap old navy $5 shorts. Basically like "cheerleading" shorts. Felt like my *kitten* was hanging out. I kept asking if it was and telling my mom I felt naked. Weird! Enjoy the lake!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"
    - Peter Maher, Canadian marathon runner

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
    -John Bingham, running speaker and writer

Okay I love these 2!!! Thanks Heather!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    ps- when i said day 1 I meant day 1 of buring 600 cals...you didnt have to jump all over the w9d1 thing...you can take it back if u want...really you can! I wont judge you!! :wink: :tongue:

ROFL

Ok I am DEFINITELY in on the 600 cal thingie. THAT is gonna be super hard, as I usually burn about 400 during my workout, but I am going for it with gusto!

Oh and in case you haven't noticed, "gusto" is my new word. LOL
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Welcome back, jessyka! We missed ya! :flowerforyou:
    Heather - congrats on the tankini! Mmmm that sounds like martini...oh wait, no alcohol - this week's challenge. :smokin:
    lstpaul - I meant to tell you earlier that your pic is so cute! You are lookin' great!
    And kerri - I think that was you with a new pic and you are so cute, too! Lookin' great!
    meokk - wowsa, I have NO advice for you on that one. I understand the settling thing, though. I was a size 24 for my wedding and NO bridal shops accommodated that, so it was pretty depressing. I did find a 22 I fell in love with and promised myself I'd lose weight. Remember I told you all about the love affair I had with Jenny Craig and Doritos before the wedding. Well, the comments from the seamstress during the "letting out" of the 22 were not pretty.... So basically I wore a too small wedding dress on my wedding day and looked like the StayPuff Marshmallow. :tongue:
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Struggling today...

Struggling to eat... anything. I had two eggs for breakfast and since then I had cliff bar for a snack, and another one for "lunch". Food just sounds disgusting. I logged food yesterday and MFP told me I need to eat more. haha. Woops.

Motivation is completely lacking. TOM isn't helping (I'm on day 6... AAHHH!!!... usually it's no more than 4). I'm a mental disaster and I'm sure none-too-pleasant to be around for long periods of time (no pun intended).

I've fallen a bit out of touch with you ladies over the last few days... but I'm here! And.. at least... not over eating? haha
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Welcome back, jessyka! We missed ya! :flowerforyou:
    Heather - congrats on the tankini! Mmmm that sounds like martini...oh wait, no alcohol - this week's challenge. :smokin:
    lstpaul - I meant to tell you earlier that your pic is so cute! You are lookin' great!
    And kerri - I think that was you with a new pic and you are so cute, too! Lookin' great!
    meokk - wowsa, I have NO advice for you on that one. I understand the settling thing, though. I was a size 24 for my wedding and NO bridal shops accommodated that, so it was pretty depressing. I did find a 22 I fell in love with and promised myself I'd lose weight. Remember I told you all about the love affair I had with Jenny Craig and Doritos before the wedding. Well, the comments from the seamstress during the "letting out" of the 22 were not pretty.... So basically I wore a too small wedding dress on my wedding day and looked like the StayPuff Marshmallow. :tongue:
    Thanks bluenote ... I hope you realize that is my 16yr old daughter in my picture and not me ... I WISH I still looked 16 and that thin! and I was never that tall. That was taken after she, my husband and son climbed the hill by my Uncle's farm in wisconsin on the 4th ... it was pouring rain most of the time but it was still beautiful. I didn't make the climb - not wanting to get soaked. I probably should have gone though - maybe next year.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Struggling today...

Struggling to eat... anything. I had two eggs for breakfast and since then I had cliff bar for a snack, and another one for "lunch". Food just sounds disgusting. I logged food yesterday and MFP told me I need to eat more. haha. Woops.

Motivation is completely lacking. TOM isn't helping (I'm on day 6... AAHHH!!!... usually it's no more than 4). I'm a mental disaster and I'm sure none-too-pleasant to be around for long periods of time (no pun intended).

I've fallen a bit out of touch with you ladies over the last few days... but I'm here! And.. at least... not over eating? haha
    Hang in there tstout ... remember it can almost be as bad to undereat as overeat. (although I NEVER have that problem). I hope you feel better soon, maybe a nice soup would help? (trying to think comfort food).:flowerforyou:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies -

Meokk - I would go try some one. When i got married i was about a 22, found a dress i loved but couldn't find the size, well it had the size but then took to long and it was gone, i then had to get a 24 from houston and then altered a bunch...but i agree go try them on they don't have to zip.

not sure i can do the 600 calorie burn (as much as i want to :smile:), tomorrow I am shoooting for 425 (only get 45 min tomorrow), on friday i am going to my dance class, last week i burned about 500, so we will see this week...hopefully my knees and ankles will work with me...any of you know how to make them not hurt :sad: i want to do it but they just don't let me sometimes...Then sat will be low burn, and sunday will be more like 500 or so.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    oh yes...the appointment.

Well, he didn't really care about the lab work from the psyc, he said he doesn't really go by that.

He said the 2 things he goes by is sickness and sleeping issues...he asked if she snores, i was like sometimes, but i really don't if she does or not, guess i should pay attention.

So anyway, since she has had strep 3 x in the last 8 months, that pretty much qualified her for the removal on her tounsles, with the caveat tht he can't guarantee she still won't get sick and he can't guarntee any improvement with the behaviour....which i know he can't..but just really hoping it will

He said she will be down 1-2 weeks..which means 1 week at least i will have to pay for day care and she will have to stay home. The 2nd week i probably can send her to day care, but maybe with limited activites (like movies and games only) or something.

I am a little nervous about all this, but as my DH says, there are tons of kids that get there tounsels removed everday (including him), and whether it is now or down the road she probably had a good chance of having them taken out. I know there isn't a 100% that all her behavior issues will go away, but worth a shot.

I did confirm with my insurance that the max i will have to pay is like 2200 (my out of pocket max is like 2375), my mom is paying for it and then i will have to pay her back , i know it won't be less than that...so pretty much taking that 2200 is what i will owe her.

On the upside, after she gets this done , and because of abby's stuff, I have met my family deductible, which means i may in the fall get to go to the orthopedic doctor, i am pretty sure i will need a mri (based on what my norm doctor says), but was holding off due to $$$ as it is only covered after deductible.

So basically anything else we need medical wise NEEDS to get done before 12/31.
  • cris20056
    Options
    meook- go try them on

tstout- Eat something! Since you havent eaten much all day maybe you can have a small portion of something that is comfort meal to you normally? I like grilled cheese and its about 280 cals the way I make it

Istpaul- lol I didnt know that was your daughter...I was wondering why you are even trying to lose weight! Beautiful girl!

Heather- Thank you for the quotes!!! I saw the last one by Biggam (sp?) a while a go and its one of my favorite quotes. I have been saving it for when I graduate!! It will describe perfectly how I feel! Thanks a bunch again!

Jess- Its is 5:45pm my time and I havent gone to the gym yet. Its freaking 102 degrees outside and its damn near 6pm! WTF! Im gonna eat dinner and try to go later...this heat is seriosuly killing me
  • cris20056
    Options
    Lildeb- thats great news that she qualified for the surgery!!!! I'll be crossing my fingers for you that the surgery helps with some of the behavioral issues