I can only eat bread and juice

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Makeitso39
    Makeitso39 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh no!!!!! Vinegar makes me vomit, just the smell of it.
    [/quote]

Worked like a charm for me! Don't normally eat crisps either
  • Dreamyriver
    Dreamyriver Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Basically, I just want some salt and vinegar crisps (chips) now.

That's kind of what I'm taking from the thread right now.

And they would have to be Walkers, which I can only get from a small import sweetie shop which is a 50 minute round trip car drive away.

And it's currently 35C at 7.44am

But still.

Congrats OP - salt and vinegar crisps/chips, Heinz Cream of Chicken soup and dry bread were all I could keep down for about 5 months when I was pregnant with my first!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    I somehow think that OP had better things to do than coming back to this thread.

I am, however, astounded by my own ability to diagnose over the internet and will be setting up a PayPal shortly

Now I know who to come to next time I'm sick! ;)

Depending on what her eventual decision is, OP might not feel comfortable coming back to tell us. But at least now she knows and can get the right kind of medical help for whatever path she wants to take!

A colleague of mine was so sick with both her pregnancies that she had to be hospitalised and on an IV for a while because she couldn't keep anything down for the first few months, so if OP does decide to continue with hers I hope her doctors will make sure she gets any intervention she needs for the health of both her and her baby.

@RedheadedPrincess14 I wish you the best of luck and good health, whatever you decide to do! I hope that you start to feel better soon. :)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Basically, I just want some salt and vinegar crisps (chips) now.

That's kind of what I'm taking from the thread right now.

And they would have to be Walkers, which I can only get from a small import sweetie shop which is a 50 minute round trip car drive away.

And it's currently 35C at 7.44am

But still.

Congrats OP - salt and vinegar crisps/chips, Heinz Cream of Chicken soup and dry bread were all I could keep down for about 5 months when I was pregnant with my first!

All about sea salt and balsamic Kettle chips here. Mmmmmmmm.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Relser wrote: »
    If you decide you don't want to keep it, and I am not judging you either way!!! it's YOUR choice, but keep in mind there are many loving parents who want to adopt babies and will help defray any medical costs.
    Best of luck either way!!

OP is in Canada so medical costs for this will be covered by the Province. Having said that, I agree with your sentiment.

Is Province like Medicaid? A government type insurance? Or is everyone covered under it whether they have private insurance? Or are there no private insurances and you can only get it through the government?

Depending on what insurance you have, in the US at least, having a baby can be not to terrible or balls to the walls expensive.
  • NoNameJustMe
    NoNameJustMe Posts: 86 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If you decide you don't want to keep it, and I am not judging you either way!!! it's YOUR choice, but keep in mind there are many loving parents who want to adopt babies and will help defray any medical costs.

OP is in Canada so medical costs for this will be covered by the Province. Having said that, I agree with your sentiment.

Is Province like Medicaid? A government type insurance? Or is everyone covered under it whether they have private insurance? Or are there no private insurances and you can only get it through the government?

Depending on what insurance you have, in the US at least, having a baby can be not to terrible or balls to the walls expensive.

A province is an area of jurisdiction, much like a county in the US.
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/province
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,925 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

A province is an area of jurisdiction, much like a county in the US.
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/province

Essentially her basic health services associated with having or not having a baby are financially covered though the government's universal health plan. I would draw a similarity between a Province or Territory and a STATE more than I would a County.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I somehow think that OP had better things to do than coming back to this thread.

I am, however, astounded by my own ability to diagnose over the internet and will be setting up a PayPal shortly

My check's in the mail.....
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
This discussion has been closed.