Options

Replies

• Gooddmannn
    Options
    Do whatever works for you
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!! I also eat 1200 cal. a day! Those people are probably jealous over your strong will to do something good for YOU.

Did you even read the rest of the thread? Seriously.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. Everyone's body and circumstances are different. You have to do what's right for you. And if all these condescending know-it-alls are "fitness experts" why are they even here? LOL.

LOL! Because they have been successful and want to share what they have learned so others don't have to make the same mistakes!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. Everyone's body and circumstances are different. You have to do what's right for you. And if all these condescending know-it-alls are "fitness experts" why are they even here? LOL.

LOL! Because they have been successful and want to share what they have learned so others don't have to make the same mistakes!

BINGO!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused (and forgive me if someone else already asked this) but you say you eat 1,200 calories but that you also eat most of your exercise calories. So you don't really eat 1,200 calories a day?

Not that I would criticize either way; I'm just curious.
  • lessofme65
    lessofme65 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Opinions are like A**wholes, everybody's got one. I am on the 1200 calories per day as well. Some days I'm more hungry than others and if I need more, I eat it. I just need to make sure I'm eating out hunger, not boredom or stress. And when I'm focused and committed the weight comes off.

It seems 1200 is working great for you. You have lost quite a bit of weight. Try to focus on that and stick with it because you know it works, you're living proof. You are doing great!!!
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Eh, ignore them. They are hungry.:bigsmile:

Some people wish they could eat closer to 1200 they'd probably see more results, but they just can't restrain themselves to do it. Some may be envious? And it comes out in a crappy way.:flowerforyou:

:huh: Srsly?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    Mahanabiu - That's what they mean by net calories - you eat 1200 (or whatever your base is set at) and then eat back exercise calories - so yes, if you exercise, you eat back more than 1200 (or your base line number)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Cool story, I'm gonna go get a burger.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    wambulance1.jpeg
  • whiteberry17
    whiteberry17 Posts: 124
    Options
    Oh man me too!
  • hindalhothaly1
    Options
    I had results but then they just stopped
  • hindalhothaly1
    Options
    Thats exactly me ! So how do i know how many calories to eat
  • whiteberry17
    whiteberry17 Posts: 124
    Options
    tumblr_m9osmxAUBw1rf36nro1_500_zpsc7d51cf8.jpg

thats_right_walk_away-2951_zps2f286dbf.jpg
  • hindalhothaly1
    Options
    But if it works for you then great
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what just happened in this thread.
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    I have no idea what just happened in this thread.

you're not alone :frown:
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Eh, ignore them. They are hungry.:bigsmile:

Some people wish they could eat closer to 1200 they'd probably see more results, but they just can't restrain themselves to do it. Some may be envious? And it comes out in a crappy way.:flowerforyou:

I don't see the ability to undereat as some kind of "badge of honour". I've lost 70lbs and maintained a decent amount of muscle mass by eating enough. I'm not sure how could be envious?
  • Project9
    Project9 Posts: 135
    Options
    I'm a 234 lb guy tying to get to 200 lbs and I'm on a 1500 calorie diet, it that OK?
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I'm a 234 lb guy tying to get to 200 lbs and I'm on a 1500 calorie diet, it that OK?

Doubt it.

Calculate your TDEE here. It already has a function to subtract the percentage that you want (at this point, I believe you want to subtract 20%) and will give you the calories you should eat in a day based on your height, weight, age, and activity level. http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ 1500 calories is less than I'm eating and I'm a 188lb woman.