Are men afraid to ask for a women's number?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the whole thread, and I haven't been in the dating game in years, but my knee jerk response was, "Sure, because who doesn't like rejection and being accused of sexual harassment!"
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 40's so as a kid it started with 'my friend ...' as I got older (still no mobiles or social media) we actually talked to each other and would take it from there.

People, it's not hard - if you like some one strike up a conversation then invite him/her for coffee, their reaction will tell you if you should ask for their number.

I've been stood up, and rejected, so what!

For the record - I approached my hubby :smiley:
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I think women really have the upper hand these days, and also people fear rejection. I know if a guy approaches me, even online, I'm wondering what his motive is and will turn cold. It's like I have to be the more bold person first and it has to be on my terms. I shoot myself in the foot so I usually have to be the one to do something first. It's rare I'm out and receptive to some guy making conversation with me. Societal conditioning I suppose, and too many bad experiences.
    I also don't appear approachable (RBF) so that works in my favor for it not happening often too, lol.
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    nolan44219 wrote: »
    I keep pm'ing @LL5lifts asking her for her number so I can share "progress pics" with her but she keeps shooting me down.
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I keep pm'ing @LL5lifts asking her for her number so I can share "progress pics" with her but she keeps shooting me down.

stand in line !

I keep telling you both that my numbers are 13, 3, and 21.

See you are doing it wrong. To not have at least one even number is bad feng shui
  • lambeze12
    lambeze12 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Some talk a good game, but never make it to half time before their ego takes control. They expect you to give it to them. I don't know why the gentleman training is going away.

Then most only text and not call.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

Oh!! Is that what you do with numbers now? I thought it was to make phone calls to talk to people.
  • rabbidchicken
    rabbidchicken Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yeah im gonna go with probably wouldnt work for me i do just fine with the daily rejection of dating sites dont need to add public embarrassment in front of my kids as well.