Are men afraid to ask for a women's number?

Options
LeWahnderful
LeWahnderful Posts: 65 Member
edited January 2017 in Chit-Chat
I believe with the plethora of social networks and dating sites, men just don't approach women as much anymore to get their 'digits'. Has anyone else noticed this ?

Replies

• gideonblueoctober
    Options
    In Nigeria it's pretty standard
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Amaahd wrote: »
    Women are not as receptive to being approached.

Well said!!
  • LeWahnderful
    Options
    I can believe it, I've noticed many men from various African countries and West Indians are very confident in themselves & approaching women LMAO
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Number of what?
  • giovanna8830
    giovanna8830 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    ....Jeromebarry1....certainly Not The number of The shoes :))))) ;)
  • federicafezza4271
    federicafezza4271 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Come to Italy :)))

ahah italian here!

actually I wonder what is the thing about asking a woman's phone number, it never happened to me that a stranger asked for my number!
    With all the (few) guys I have dated the real important step was them adding me on facebook and start chatting there, then they asked for the number in the chat :)

this is how we roll here, at least among the people I know (I also am 24 yo, so I never dated before Facebook existed ;) )
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Amaahd wrote: »
    Women are not as receptive to being approached.

This isn't the entire answer,but it's definitely a part of the equation.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I can believe it, I've noticed many men from various African countries and West Indians are very confident in themselves & approaching women LMAO

Lol. I've noticed this too.
    In answer to your question, I think it really just depends on the guy. A really shy guy may be terrified. Some guys may just find ways to indirectly get a woman's number. Others will just ask.
  • LeWahnderful
    Options
    Come to Italy :)))

ahah italian here!

actually I wonder what is the thing about asking a woman's phone number, it never happened to me that a stranger asked for my number!
    With all the (few) guys I have dated the real important step was them adding me on facebook and start chatting there, then they asked for the number in the chat :)

this is how we roll here, at least among the people I know (I also am 24 yo, so I never dated before Facebook existed ;) )

That's what I'm saying, before social networks, guys would actually have to approach the female (or the other way around) or you wouldn't get to know each other.. there was no copping out and finding them on FB to get to know them because they're afraid, it's almost like it made men soft
  • giovanna8830
    Options
    FedericaFezza4271- :) As i understand... It was not a question : Have you ever given you number to a stranger ? Personally i see them a little ,, stoned type,, but: it is possible that an unknow guy ask nr.. In bakery, tobacco,bar, restaurant
  • giovanna8830
    Options
    Made it clear that...... I think that is more dangerous place to FB and other social to bring a virtual friendship in to a true....BUT: this is my personal opinion ;)
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    I've never once approached a woman in public in an effort to hit on her or get a number... way to self-conscious for that.

This.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    tina-phone-number.gif?w=750

nobody ever asks me for my number unless you count every single damn cashier...which I always say..."Oh...I don't give out my number"...because they don't need that info just because I'm purchasing donuts and tampons.

As a side note....every time I say..."I don't give out my number" it makes me feel like this..

tumblr_mrucl41rFK1sngrz3o1_400.gif

whenever I'm asked by a cashier for my number, I always ask for hers too.