Are men afraid to ask for a women's number?

Options

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I find that mostly weird dudes have the confidence/gall to ask for my number. Kind of annoying.

I met someone on New Years eve and was shocked. It was the first time I have organically met someone I like in real life and not online in a very long time.

I had a guy in K-Mart last summer make conversation with me while we waited in line. Attractive, my age, and specifically started a convo with me. He even took his time putting his receipt away like he was waiting for me to get done checking out, but then he left. :( I felt like I was being punk'd. It's so odd for that to happen anymore. Now every time I go in there I look for my mystery man.

I know. I've had that happen as well...like, wow this is going so well. He's so cute. K, bye.

that's because there is a big jump between small talk in a check-out line to something further.

what would you wanted for him to say?

Nothing. I agree with you. I have no expectations ever.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I find that mostly weird dudes have the confidence/gall to ask for my number. Kind of annoying.

I met someone on New Years eve and was shocked. It was the first time I have organically met someone I like in real life and not online in a very long time.

I had a guy in K-Mart last summer make conversation with me while we waited in line. Attractive, my age, and specifically started a convo with me. He even took his time putting his receipt away like he was waiting for me to get done checking out, but then he left. :( I felt like I was being punk'd. It's so odd for that to happen anymore. Now every time I go in there I look for my mystery man.

I know. I've had that happen as well...like, wow this is going so well. He's so cute. K, bye.

that's because there is a big jump between small talk in a check-out line to something further.

no really, it's a fair question.

waiting for you in the parking lot = creepy

right?
  • bbell1985
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »
    I believe with the plethora of social networks and dating sites, men just don't approach women as much anymore to get their 'digits'. Has anyone else noticed this ?

You mean like, 36-24-34? Those digits?

Wow. Those measurements.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I believe with the plethora of social networks and dating sites, men just don't approach women as much anymore to get their 'digits'. Has anyone else noticed this ?

Wow. Those measurements.

Probably not realistic, eh? lol
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Ummm....pardon me, Miss.....whats your email address?
  • bbell1985
    Options

right?

Yes. Why are you bothering me?
  • bbell1985
    Options

Wow. Those measurements.

I mean, maybe. It's just so far removed from my 32-28-40 that I can't picture it lmao.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

right?

Yes. Why are you bothering me?

bothering you?

sheesh.... sorry?
  • jnichel
    Options

Wow. Those measurements.

I mean, maybe. It's just so far removed from my 32-28-40 that I can't picture it lmao.

HA! Tricked you into giving me your number. :)
  • ChrissyDomer
    ChrissyDomer Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    happimess1 wrote: »
    I dont have the guts to ask for their number. I prefer the curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep every night option

This is why you need to buy the cutest puppy and let him do the work! Lol. Also make sure to attach a brownie to him and put a shirt on that says "are you my new mommy?" I'm just saying lol
  • jnichel
    Options
    chrissyw30 wrote: »
    I dont have the guts to ask for their number. I prefer the curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep every night option

This is why you need to buy the cutest puppy and let him do the work! Lol. Also make sure to attach a brownie to him and put a shirt on that says "are you my new mommy?" I'm just saying lol

Man, if I didn't have that pesky wife when my kids were babies, I would have been getting all the phone numbers. But nooooo, she wouldn't let me date. lol
  • ChrissyDomer
    ChrissyDomer Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options

Man, if I didn't have that pesky wife when my kids were babies, I would have been getting all the phone numbers. But nooooo, she wouldn't let me date. lol

Hahaha. This made me laugh!
  • jnichel
    Options

Dude, you're doing it wrong. You're not supposed to ask permission, you do it on the down low :D

Where were you 20 years ago to inform me of the procedure?????
  • jnichel
    Options

Dude, you're doing it wrong. You're not supposed to ask permission, you do it on the down low :D

I was in my 20's and too innocent to know all this good info.

Youth is truly wasted on the young.
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Ive never had an issue with guys asking for my number.. Granted it was never for "dating" purposes.. just gaming.. or relationship advice from someone who doesnt date.. poor confused guys.
  • jnichel
    Options

I was in my 20's and too innocent to know all this good info.

Youth is truly wasted on the young.

Yes, yes it is. Now I'm older, wiser and have no one to take advantage of my corruption.

That just means you need to corrupt someone. ;)
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

The devil and angel were having a brawl on his shoulders
    shoulder-devil-and-angel_194582408.jpg
  • LeWahnderful
    LeWahnderful Posts: 65 Member
    Options

No, phone number LMAO
  • LeWahnderful
    LeWahnderful Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Men here tend to state, "Let's swap digits" or "do you want to Kik me."

Short answer, if he likes you, he will ask you or stalk you.

#SmallTownAmerica

Yes ! Guys hit me up on Instagram and Snapchat and ask for my KIK all the time