Are men afraid to ask for a women's number?

Replies

• nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I think the last time I asked for a number it was a waitress at Applebee's. She gave it to me but I had already been flirting with her a little before.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    nolan44219 wrote: »
    I think the last time I asked for a number it was a waitress at Applebee's. She gave it to me but I had already been flirting with her a little before.

You are a very, very brave man !

not for asking for the waitresses telephone number.

... rather admitting to us that you actually had a meal at Applebee's.

it was a liquid supper lol

• NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member

You are a very, very brave man !

not for asking for the waitresses telephone number.

... rather admitting to us that you actually had a meal at Applebee's.

it was a liquid supper lol

Now I must know what happened after
  • ChrissyDomer
    ChrissyDomer Posts: 1,064 Member
    chrissyw30 wrote: »
    Maybe they are afraid of being rejected? Last week I had a guy approach me at the gas station and ask if he could use my phone because he was having car troubles and his phone battery was dead...he made about a three second call and said he couldn't reach them..later that night he called me back to "thank" me for letting him use my phone and offer to buy me lunch etc..so apparently he called himself from my phone.. lol.

thank you for the hot dating tip

*plans on using this today

Good luck! If that doesn't work, there's always chloroform lol

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    I don't get approached by men often let alone asked for my number

So I guess I have noticed
  • Reinvented46
    Reinvented46 Posts: 301 Member
    Haha. The phone trick kinda of clever but creepy
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    I guess the question should be is how do women feel about a guy asking 4 their phone number ...I know everyone is different ...Some will base it on looks 1st or how the guy approached them..I need 2 speak 2 the woman & see how the chemistry is or if there even is any chemistry, if i ever even thought about asking 4 their number
  • Reinvented46
    Reinvented46 Posts: 301 Member
    Hahahaha should we worry about you?
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    I've always sucked at gathering the nerve to just go over and ask for digits.
    All the dates I've talked myself into or been asked on have been through general conversation when we've got talking over something completely different!

Other than a couple from dating websites but - I'm speaking strictly 'in person' meets though.

I've also dated a few 'ex clients' that I wouldn't go on a date with whilst I was their trainer - not mixing work with pleasure..

But I think just generally going and asking for a number takes a lot of nerve and it's just an amount that I don't have :lol:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Hahahaha should we worry about you?

no?
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Maybe they are afraid of being rejected? Last week I had a guy approach me at the gas station and ask if he could use my phone because he was having car troubles and his phone battery was dead...he made about a three second call and said he couldn't reach them..later that night he called me back to "thank" me for letting him use my phone and offer to buy me lunch etc..so apparently he called himself from my phone.. lol.

Sooo did you go on a date with him?
  • ChrissyDomer
    happimess1 wrote: »

So just like that, you give strangers access to your phone? You should have told me that before we started to kik and i sent you those pics

So you're saying not ok to share the pics you sent me with him??? Lol
  • ChrissyDomer
    Maybe they are afraid of being rejected? Last week I had a guy approach me at the gas station and ask if he
    could use my phone because he was having car troubles and his phone battery was dead...he made about a three second call and said he couldn't reach them..later that night he called me back to "thank" me for letting him use my phone and offer to buy me lunch etc..so apparently he called himself from my phone.. lol.

Sooo did you go on a date with him?

Well...after talking to him a bit I realized he had just stepped off the crazy train..so no lol..
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    Most guys fear getting rejected and most females go on a power trip after saying no, so the male sex has resorted to facebook stalking. Plain and simple.

The best way I think to lure in a woman is to have a decadent brownie on a plate (obviously the classier the presentation the classier the lady you will attract..for example whip cream, caramel fudge drizzle, hazelnuts) attached to a string. When the lady tries to get the brownie you simply pull the string in a little, then a little more and soon she'll be at your house where you can have the whole pan of brownies waiting. If you have wine there as well....you don't even need to get her phone number.

I think, I ll use it when I see someone I really like
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    I asked a random chick for her number and she demurred, but she didn't call the Interpol, maybe. I'm crashed and burned.