What is something way too high in calories but you cant resist and how often do you have it?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Baby back ribs. I have them 2-3 times a year but I'd have them at least once a week if they weren't so darn high in calories.

Same for brats, but those tear through my gut like the Tasmanian Devil in a china shop, so it's a little easier to not eat those. But oooohhhhh man they taste good!

But ribs arent high in calories. The BBQ sauce they are usually drenched in is haha. Get zero cal or at least no sugar bbq sauce and you can now have these once a months ;)

Um yeah, baby back ribs are very high calories. About 1000-1200 per rack. It's very fatty meat.

I don't always put sauce on them, often we just do a dry rub, but if want sauce I want sauce. And if I have sauce it will definitely have sugar in it. Sugar is what makes the sauce caramelize.

There's no way I can ever eat a rack, so it's not really an issue for me, lol. I can fit half a rack and some lower calorie sides in a regular day, because at least it's filling (and I try not to go overboard on the bbq sauce).
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Baby back ribs. I have them 2-3 times a year but I'd have them at least once a week if they weren't so darn high in calories.

Same for brats, but those tear through my gut like the Tasmanian Devil in a china shop, so it's a little easier to not eat those. But oooohhhhh man they taste good!

But ribs arent high in calories. The BBQ sauce they are usually drenched in is haha. Get zero cal or at least no sugar bbq sauce and you can now have these once a months ;)

Um yeah, baby back ribs are very high calories. About 1000-1200 per rack. It's very fatty meat.

I don't always put sauce on them, often we just do a dry rub, but if want sauce I want sauce. And if I have sauce it will definitely have sugar in it. Sugar is what makes the sauce caramelize.

There's no way I can ever eat a rack, so it's not really an issue for me, lol. I can fit half a rack and some lower calorie sides in a regular day, because at least it's filling (and I try not to go overboard on the bbq sauce).

I don't even bother if I can't have at least one whole rack. In fact, when I do eat them I usually don't have any sides so I can eat more ribs. Ribs and wine, that's all I need. And napkins. Or a hose. ;)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Mmm I'm having baby back ribs on Sunday... Yummmm.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

No kidding! Not sure I could even do a half. Just not one of my favorites. :/
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

I don't even bother if I can't have at least one whole rack. In fact, when I do eat them I usually don't have any sides so I can eat more ribs. Ribs and wine, that's all I need. And napkins. Or a hose. ;)

That made me laugh! Mostly because the last time I made ribs my husband ended up with sauce on his socks. I still haven't figured out how he did that.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Pizza is very hard to resist so I just plan it out. We are going to do a papa Murphys thin delight pizza next weekend, I can usually eat half of it and still fit it into my calories! Just have to be smart and conservative for the day at my other meals.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

No kidding! Not sure I could even do a half. Just not one of my favorites. :/

Oh I love ribs, I just find that half a rack is plenty for me, lol. But I do need cornbread. So ribs and cornbread and I'm happy.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Oh I love ribs, I just find that half a rack is plenty for me, lol. But I do need cornbread. So ribs and cornbread and I'm happy.

Not a cornbread fan either; but my BF LOVES the stuff. Now, my mom's hushpuppies? I could eat a whole plate of those things. :D
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Chocolate! And none of your 90% cocoa solids malarkey - has to be Cadburys dairy milk !
  • Charlene_1985
    Charlene_1985 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love Dunkin Hines chocolate cupcakes with vanilla Dream Whip pudding topping. I could eat an entire box of each. I can't be happy with just one or two. So I only make a batch for my birthday because I can't control myself. That is probably the only thing I can't eat in moderation.
  • Mel3933
    Mel3933 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wine and pizza. I could never give it up. I have pizza like once maybe twice a month. And wine about 3 times a month. And it hasn't stopped me from still losing weight
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    peanutbutter - I usually have it once a week
  • mactaffy428
    mactaffy428 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    feeling like you have to punish yourself for having a splurge is a sign of potential disordered eating...

LOL. You missed the point entirely.

not missing the point...if you feel like you need to work out an extra 2hours to burn off the calories from your Dorito "splurge" (in your own words) - then your relationship with food should be addressed

how many dorito's did you eat that you felt that way? any entire bag or a single serving?

IMHO, anyone who has to adhere so strictly to an eating plan that you can even fit in some fun/splurge foods - then it should be addressed[/quote

Geez, who made you the food police? Let her eat whatever she wants however she wants. She wasn't asking for help with anything and she can do what she wants.

I honestly don't understand why people want to force others to change the way they eat/don't eat because they disagree with it. If she feels that she can't splurge, she can't splurge- leave it alone. I doubt there is ANYONE here who can say that they don't have a food with which they have gone a bit "overboard". That doesn't scream eating disorder, it screams I'm human. If someone feels a course of action is best FOR THEM, NOT YOU, why can't you just be supportive. What works for you, I guarantee, does not work for everyone.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    feeling like you have to punish yourself for having a splurge is a sign of potential disordered eating...

LOL. You missed the point entirely.

not missing the point...if you feel like you need to work out an extra 2hours to burn off the calories from your Dorito "splurge" (in your own words) - then your relationship with food should be addressed

how many dorito's did you eat that you felt that way? any entire bag or a single serving?

IMHO, anyone who has to adhere so strictly to an eating plan that you can even fit in some fun/splurge foods - then it should be addressed

Geez, who made you the food police? Let her eat whatever she wants however she wants. She wasn't asking for help with anything and she can do what she wants.

I honestly don't understand why people want to force others to change the way they eat/don't eat because they disagree with it. If she feels that she can't splurge, she can't splurge- leave it alone. I doubt there is ANYONE here who can say that they don't have a food with which they have gone a bit "overboard". That doesn't scream eating disorder, it screams I'm human. If someone feels a course of action is best FOR THEM, NOT YOU, why can't you just be supportive. What works for you, I guarantee, does not work for everyone.

FIFY. :flowerforyou:
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Chocolate - in any form. I eat a little (OK - sometimes a lot) every day. Dark chocolate is the best thing ever - I have a problem :)
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Wine
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Ugh, cheesecake. Definitely cheesecake. There's a reason I never go eat at the Cheesecake Factory anymore. It's my one true weakness!!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate.