Shaun T- FOCUS T25....success stories??

Options
1234568»

Replies

• extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    In my experience people who do home workouts spend most of their time in a roller coaster state of self loathing because of their inability to handle the insecurities that all people face rather than making a lifestyle choice for healthy exercise and diet. People selling exercise programs do not look the way do because of a 25 minute infomercial workout. It is from dedication to a strict diet strength/cardio training and chemical enhancement. If it were easy then we would not live in a country of dough balls. I am sorry that it must be put so bluntly but it has to be said.

Strong first post, bro. :flowerforyou:

If I had the space, I would pimp out my house to be a work out space--but I don't, and I have 4 rec centers that my HOA fees help pay, so I go there. I do know, however, that I'd be hella more consistent if I could just hop downstairs and get my workout on. So saying that people that work out at home are lazy, won't succeed, etc. is just damn ignorant.

That being said, the "insert workout name success story here" posts are somewhat silly--IMO. A previous poster mentioned this, but if you can find something that you enjoy, can stick to, and continue to push yourself, you'll find success. There isn't a "magic" workout...some people like the Beachbody stuff (I enjoy TurboFire from time to time) some people lift, some people run, some people kickbox, some do yoga 7 days a week. Find something that you can do. Find something you enjoy. Do it consistently. Or, switch it up from time to time...whatever floats your boat. Personally, I lift 2-3 days a week, I hop on my treadmill (okay, I lied, we have room for a sweet-*kitten* NordicTrack), walk the dog, do yoga (at home..FOR SHAME!!) I swim, run around and play soccer with my kids...I get bored easily, which I'm sure isn't a surprise.

Personally, I'd buy T-25 in a heartbeat--I like Shaun T--but damn, I don't have the cash!!
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    In my experience people who do home workouts spend most of their time in a roller coaster state of self loathing because of their inability to handle the insecurities that all people face rather than making a lifestyle choice for healthy exercise and diet. People selling exercise programs do not look the way do because of a 25 minute infomercial workout. It is from dedication to a strict diet strength/cardio training and chemical enhancement. If it were easy then we would not live in a country of dough balls. I am sorry that it must be put so bluntly but it has to be said.

Strong first post, bro. :flowerforyou:

If I had the space, I would pimp out my house to be a work out space--but I don't, and I have 4 rec centers that my HOA fees help pay, so I go there. I do know, however, that I'd be hella more consistent if I could just hop downstairs and get my workout on. So saying that people that work out at home are lazy, won't succeed, etc. is just damn ignorant.

That being said, the "insert workout name success story here" posts are somewhat silly--IMO. A previous poster mentioned this, but if you can find something that you enjoy, can stick to, and continue to push yourself, you'll find success. There isn't a "magic" workout...some people like the Beachbody stuff (I enjoy TurboFire from time to time) some people lift, some people run, some people kickbox, some do yoga 7 days a week. Find something that you can do. Find something you enjoy. Do it consistently. Or, switch it up from time to time...whatever floats your boat. Personally, I lift 2-3 days a week, I hop on my treadmill (okay, I lied, we have room for a sweet-*kitten* NordicTrack), walk the dog, do yoga (at home..FOR SHAME!!) I swim, run around and play soccer with my kids...I get bored easily, which I'm sure isn't a surprise.

Personally, I'd buy T-25 in a heartbeat--I like Shaun T--but damn, I don't have the cash!!

Just FYI, you should check out craigslist or torrenting websites if you're interested in T25 for less. I was able to get it for $50 on craigslist and then we downloaded the Gamma workouts when it came time for them. :)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

Cool story, I lost all my weight from tracking my food and doing home weekends with some running on the side.
  • iamMLH
    iamMLH Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    To throw my two cents in there, I think for a lot of people the "magic" workout is the one they can stick to. I've done a handful of home programs and really enjoy them, and feel like they are higher quality of workout than I did when I was younger. That doesn't mean that going to a gym, having a good trainer and more tools at my disposal couldn't increase my potential, but it's more expensive, much more time consuming, and far less flexible.

One of the major benefits I've found in doing a home workout is that if it's 11:30, and I haven't done my workout, I can still get a good 30 minute workout in without leaving my place. I don't even have to put pants on if I don't feel like it. With p90x3 (which I'm currently doing) and p90x, I've found it easy to stay consistent and see progress. I'm down about 30 lbs and building stronger muscles and losing fat. I look more fit now than I did when I was 15 lbs lighter.

My advice to someone looking to start one of those programs is that it's easy to push play, go through the motions, and be disappointed when you feel like the DVDs didn't work for you. The DVDs won't work for you, they just help guide the work you put in. Working at home typically means no one else is going to help motivate you.

If you work hard, you will get results. If you work hard and eat well, you'll probably get pretty strong results by most of our standards.
  • mscool18
    mscool18 Posts: 1
    Options
    How do you record this workout routine in your daily exercise log?
  • awelcome3
    Options
    I didn't have time to read through the previous responses, but here was my take on it. I just finished yesterday....

My hopes were to find a challenging workout, that would not only have the cardio aspect to help me lose weight, but also some strength training to help build muscle. I think this program delivered on both things. I didn't lose that much weight (only about 6 lbs) but I didn't have that much to lose in the first place. I also believe that the number would have gone down significantly from there had I not built so much muscle along the way. I started out quite weak in that department and feel a HUGE difference. I did lose a few inches over my body, but not a crazy amount. I may have even gained slightly in my thighs lol, but the best part was the shrinkage of my midsection which bothered me the most.

I did the entire program on full modification due to some knee issues. I felt like I could have done many of the moves, but in the past that is how I ended up injuring my knees in similar programs. So I stuck with the modifier and still got great workouts/results. I imagine it would have been even more if I did the harder moves. I really liked most of the dvd's... there were a couple I dreaded to come up on the schedule... but the great thing is that there are so many and you never do the same one two days in a row. And even those ones I didn't enjoy weren't so bad because they were only 25 minutes! This was a BIG factor for me when buying the program... not only are my days busy with two small kids, but I find it much easier to get motivated to do a 25 minute workout than an hour or more. You feel like there is no excuse not to do it. Sean T does a great job of motivating without annoying me too lol.

The first half seems more cardio packed and works your lower half more. The second half is where the core work and upper body strength comes more into play. Now that I am finished I am thinking about either doing it again, or making my own schedule using some of both phases to cover all areas. I did not follow the included diet plan, but rather tracked calories just with MFP and ate healthy balanced foods. I would say my diet ended up more on the lower carb/higher protein side.

Now that it's over, as I mentioned I did lose some weight and inches, but the transformation goes far beyond what is visible to others. I feel SO much stronger, energetic, and confident. My posture improved immensely through all that core work and my core feels rock solid now.
  • Ashley_Megan
    Ashley_Megan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Done week 1- lost 3.5 lb and a total of 4 inches! :)
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    If hip hop abs kicks your *kitten* is T25 out of the question?
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing with Jillian in 2 weeks then starting T25 which I already tried a couple of DVDs and they do make you work on the right areas .. cant wait :)
  • justisroyster
    justisroyster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The more you weigh, the more weight you lose as long as it is weight from fat. It's harder to get results when you are not overweight. That's when you want to put in extra effort.
  • benandcody
    benandcody Posts: 1
    Options
    You're doing great