February 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Heck with it, gonna say 150 for full marathon plan training miles.

Also, I'm really tempted to wear my new shoes for my run tomorrow, but I'm not sure wearing them for an 8n mile progression run is the best idea....despite the fact that I got them for faster running.

Think I can risk it?
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Tentative goal: ~60ish miles (~15/wk). I may step up the long runs and increase that though - I'm considering registering for a spring half (hadn't previously considered it - since I usually get a bit out of shape in the winter, but ran 10 miles and PR'd it on the freak warm weekend 2 weeks ago).
  • frugaltrophywife
    frugaltrophywife Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Heck with it, gonna say 150 for full marathon plan training miles.

Also, I'm really tempted to wear my new shoes for my run tomorrow, but I'm not sure wearing them for an 8n mile progression run is the best idea....despite the fact that I got them for faster running.

Think I can risk it?

@MNLittleFinn Have you run in them yet? If so, and it went well, I'd go for it. If they were still a bit uncomfortable, I'd wait and do some more short, easy runs 1st. I got my new shoes last Tuesday, and I only did one 10 mile run in my old shoes since that was the 2nd day I had them. They felt a little awkward the 1st day (Tuesday), and I wasn't "sold." I wore them again on Thursday and thought they felt a little awkward when I put them on, but once I started running, they felt great! I did a 6 mile pace run on Saturday and a 12 mile long run on Sunday. I no longer have any desire to run in my old shoes unless maybe it's yucky out so I don't get my new shoes all scrungy looking. Lol!
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    karllundy wrote: »
    In for 80...God willing.

exercise.png

....and the creek don't rise (as the saying goes) ;)
    vandinem wrote: »
    I'm back for 80, stretch goal 100. Although it is a short month, and I always run uphill, with the sun and wind in my face ...

bolded part = hilarious!

I guess I'm going for 60. Which may be pushing it seeing how the past 2 months have gone. But that's only 15 miles per week! I can do this :#

• MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn Have you run in them yet? If so, and it went well, I'd go for it. If they were still a bit uncomfortable, I'd wait and do some more short, easy runs 1st. I got my new shoes last Tuesday, and I only did one 10 mile run in my old shoes since that was the 2nd day I had them. They felt a little awkward the 1st day (Tuesday), and I wasn't "sold." I wore them again on Thursday and thought they felt a little awkward when I put them on, but once I started running, they felt great! I did a 6 mile pace run on Saturday and a 12 mile long run on Sunday. I no longer have any desire to run in my old shoes unless maybe it's yucky out so I don't get my new shoes all scrungy looking. Lol!

Haven't run in them yet. Got them in the mail last night and today was a rest day. I tried them on last night and just walked around the house a bit, and they felt nice. My options are wear them tomorrow for 8 miles, or wait for Friday's 4 mile run.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Managed 112 in January, but there were 5 long run days in the month because there were 5 Sundays. This month is likely to be slightly less, as not only is it a shorter month but it somehow has 2 cut-back weeks in it, so I'll go for 100 as a goal again :)
  • bmelb1
    bmelb1 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'll increase my goal to 115 km this month.
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100 miles! Short month so it may be tough!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Here for this! Down for 200km in February :)
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options

Haven't run in them yet. Got them in the mail last night and today was a rest day. I tried them on last night and just walked around the house a bit, and they felt nice. My options are wear them tomorrow for 8 miles, or wait for Friday's 4 mile run.

I'd either wait for the 4 mile run or switch my days around to do the 4 mile run tomorrow because I'd have a hard time waiting. Lol!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

I'd either wait for the 4 mile run or switch my days around to do the 4 mile run tomorrow because I'd have a hard time waiting. Lol!

Think I'll wait for the 4, with a 14 mile long run on Sat, I don't want to run 8 with a hard 2 thr day before......ugh. more waiting.
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I'll be aiming for 40 miles in February as I begin a 10 week training calendar for a 10 mile road race on April 9th. I'll also make cross-training a part of my goal with a target of at least 8 XT workouts.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    The real February goals are to survive the logistics of getting to and from Bend, OR for the masters cross country championship, train well toward Boston, and avoid injury.

I'll set a nominal mileage goal of 225 miles. Adding the weekly target miles in the Boston plan comes out a little higher, but I think I may lose some miles due to traveling to Bend.
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Keeping the goal at 169, so I can run the year.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Keeping the goal at 140 km. Starting the month off with a HM this weekend - so struggling with TAPER Foolishness right now.
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I'm going for X. :smiley: Where X= something
    Way to set the bar Elise! *High five*
    I really was waiting on my surgeons visit Friday. But they rescheduled for the 24th.... *Sigh*
    Can wobbly weebles run?

Weebles may Wobble but they never Fall Down, and Weebles never Give up.
    You have kept a positive attitude while Fighting through your " Injury"
    Anything you do is good.