1/2 - 6k

A wee 6k to get things started ..thats was a struggle haha

Planned races
    Round the Houses 10k 9/4
    Edinburgh Half Marathon 28/5
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Ended January with a rest day and starting Feb the same :p I was almost decided that I was going to go ahead and run last night, but then I squatted down in the store to get something off a bottom shelf and I felt that all too familiar pain in my shins. So I decided I should ease back into running a little more slowly. It doesn't feel like I should have to because I never completely quit running, just had more rest days than run days :* And I had no problem my first week back running 3, 4 and 5 milers. But I do not need shin splints. So February will be an easy month. I just want to run :'(

Nice job @zipsterj on the 6k :)

@Marissaxzxzxz Great plan to increase daily mileage just a little! You got this!

Welcome back @katiejane83 although I know you've still been running ;)

@jparker3363 Hi and welcome to the challenge!

@cchen2015 Not cheesy at all. That's a great goal :smiley:

• mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

FEBRUARY Running challenge
    Goal: 50 km
    1/2/17 Rest day slow walk 3 km

Hoping to achieve the target this month.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Not the best start to February....

struggled to get out of bed, then forgot to press 'start' on my Tomtom, so was worried I wouldn't have enough time for my run as I had a meeting to get to. AND then when i got home, my fitbit, which has been playing up trying to tell me the fairly new battery was dead, refused to sync, so I put a new battery in...and it wiped the 7100 steps I'd just done (at least now as I write this, I've done another 5000 going up three flights of stairs repeatedly carrying a whole load of work kit)

BUT, forty struggling-not-quite-enjoying minutes later I was home and ready to go. Can anyone help with ways to get 'into' a run? It seems to take me a good couple of miles...

1.2.17 3.16miles

Planned races -
    26.2.17 10k hilly trail race
    29.4.17 HM Coastal Trail Series Pembrokeshire
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

I finally got my new shoes in the mail, too. (They accidentally sent me 2 pair!) I gave them a quick try on the treadmill, but they're slippery on the belt. It'll be a while before it's warm enough for me to give them a fair try on pavement. Months, maybe! I wonder if I'll have had a chance to test them before my next race? Months! The Shamrock Shuffle isn't until April 2! I don't even know if I'll finally get into the first wave of runners, this year. I do hope so - it's WAY too cold to stand around for so long before the race. Also, I missed my train home by 5 minutes last year. It would be nice to take long enough to enjoy my beer before heading back to the train station. I'll just have to run faster, right? If I finish the race 5 minutes sooner, I have that time to sip instead of guzzle - then dash to the train...
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @Orphia - That sunrise is gorgeous!!
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Didn't have time to do my planned run this morning, so hopped on the treadmill quickly for some intervals whilst at the gym today which totalled 1.75km of running.

exercise.png
    01-Feb: 1.7km treadmill intervals [TM]
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for February
    2/1 5 miles - 5

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4 <<< 19:10 (2.9 mi) 1 in AG 5 OA
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30 << 44:57 PR
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25 << 1:20:22 1 in AG & 15 OA
    Huntsville Half Marathon - 11/12 << 1:35:55 2 in AG & 25 OA
    Rocket City Marathon - 12/10 << 2:44:41
    Elkmont Hound Dog Half (unofficial) - 1/21 << 1:46:48 2 OA
    Elkmont Hound Dog Half (rescheduled) - 2/18
    Kentucky Derby Marathon - 4/29

Just an easy 5 mile recovery run this morning, taking it nice and easy.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Goal of 65 miles

exercise.png
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    2/1 - 4.3
    Goal: 100 mi.
    Psyched for a new challenge!
  • LifeIsGoodAZ
    LifeIsGoodAZ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My February goal is 125. I'm starting my Hal Higdon training for my April HM trail run. Short month but hoping I can squeeze in those miles.

February: Run 125

2/1: 6.5 miles (4 x 400 hill repeats)
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

2/1/17 - 6 miles
  • potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    1st Feb - 3 miles

Total in Feb = 3 miles
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I'm going for another 180 this month. Entering into the peak of marathon training, but I have 2 trips planned this month, so I'll have to see how the miles pan out. Plus, it's a short month. Haven't run yet today, but looking forward to about 5-6 miles after work.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    In it for 50 45 (one less day afterall)
    exercise.png

DAY - Miles
    03 - ## Groundhogs Day (again, and again..and again!)

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    can I still count it as a 14 mile run if I stop at the running store at mile 12? I never get to go to the running store, since it's 60 miles away, and I'll have a chance to when I'm on my little weekend trip next week
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    February Running Totals (miles)
    2/1 – 7.00 easy

February total to date – 7.00

Nominal Challenge Goal – 225 miles
    Real Goals: Survive travel to and from Bend. Train well toward Boston. Avoid injury.

Today's notes – Between beginning of month administrative stuff, laundry, and packing to travel, it's a wonder I found time to squeeze a run in today. Nice winter running weather, I got to run through a snow shower, and wind, and sunshine, and another snow shower for my 7 miles. The pace looked too fast, but I couldn't seem to get myself to slow down enough; mile splits came in at 8:01, 7:54, 7:43, 7:34, 7:37, 7:28, and 7:36. Normally, anything faster than 7:45 is too fast for an easy run. But when I look at the HR data, it says 32:56 in Zone 1, 20:01 in Zone 2, and never made it to Zone 3. Average 126, max 142. So by the HR, it was easy. I love winter running.

Got an email from my team captain. He recommends a 20-30 minute shakedown run tomorrow in Portland, then we'll preview the course Friday afternoon. That makes for 2 short running days instead of a normal day and a rest day that I'd have if I didn't have a race on Saturday. Then there's the race on Saturday instead of a long run. I might not get the miles in this week that the marathon plan calls for, and I may lose a few miles next week to Sunday/Monday travel. Might not have a lot of time to play on the internet the next few days, either.

2017 races:
    January 1, 2017 Freezeroo #2 (Resolution Run 7.5 mile) (Mendon, NY) Finished in 50:45
    January 7, 2017 Winter Warrior Half Marathon (Gates, NY) Finished in 1:32:40
    January 14, 2017 Freezeroo #3 (Pineway Ponds Park 5 mile) (Spencerport, NY) Finished in 33:42
    January 28, 2017 Freezeroo #4 (Hearnish 5 mile) (Victor, NY) short course, finished 4.88 miles in 32:50
    February 4, 2017 USATF Cross Country National Championship Masters 8K (Bend, OR)
    February 11, 2017 Freezeroo #5 (Valentines Run "In Memory of Tom Brannon" 8 Mile) (Greece, NY) will sit out due to training schedule
    February 25, 2017 Freezeroo #6 (White House Challenge 4.4 mile) (Webster, NY)
    March 11, 2017 Johnny's Runnin' of the Green 5 mile (Rochester, NY)
    April 17, 2017 Boston Marathon (Hopkinton, MA)

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    can I still count it as a 14 mile run if I stop at the running store at mile 12? I never get to go to the running store, since it's 60 miles away, and I'll have a chance to when I'm on my little weekend trip next week

@MNLittleFinn, your run, your rules. If you buy something are you going to carry it the remaining two miles?
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

@MNLittleFinn, your run, your rules. If you buy something are you going to carry it the remaining two miles?
    I've carried stuff before. If I decide to do it, I'd probably take a backpack just in case. Probably won't though, since I'll be with the family and I have more of a time limit on it.