WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Guess who lost her balance on the treadmill, (at the end of 5 miles) didn't fall but got scraped up. What did I do?, Continued working out

Oooooh goodness, glad you're OK. You're the bomb!!

Janetr okc
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I will also have to lookup the insta pot. It doesn't sound like a crock pot or pressure cooker.

My father in law was a boy scout leader. He loved the inner city kids. We would go over to his house and there were always these precious little brown kids lounging around or interacting with him. I don't think any of them got to the level of Eagle Scout but they had wonderful times that most of them would have never had the chance to do. I arranged with the director of the residency training program at the hospital where I worked to do the physicals.

I can't remember the name of the woman who posts her blood sugar daily. She said her last night was 98. Is that a little low????

I had to do some tough love with my girls also. When Michelle was in high school, she was in about any sport she could get into mainly because her best friend was in them. But her friend was a good student. Michelle had the capability to be a good student, her achievement test scores were wonderful but she hated to do homework. Sometimes she wouldn't even bring books home and then was shocked when Mom would take her to school to pick her books up. One time I didn't have time to take her to school so I asked her what a paper was to be written on and took her to the library and made her use our encyclopedias to write the report. I was really upset when the teacher didn't even acknowledge her work I made her do. I know she got an F on the paper she was assigned but I was proud of what she did from my assignment. . But she learned she was not going to get away with just doing no work. We bought both our girls their first cars. Christina's first car was a used one we bought, Michelle inherited an old one of ours when we bought a new one. We payed the first month insurance, made sure they ahd a good set of tires and a full tank of gas. After that, it was theirs. If you want to drive it you have to get a job. When Michelle's grades were really getting low, we told her she couldn't take anymore kids to school. I thought it was a distraction and she came home pretty late sometimes from taking these girls home. So I guess when I was working evenings she thought she could pull one over on me. But when I got home at midnight I would check her odometer and then check it the next night. I knew how many miles should be on it. With Christina, she drove her car to college but when her first semester grades were so low, the car stayed home. Of course that meant we had to go get her at spring break, etc.

Well I did it again this morning. I set 3 alarms to get up to go to church. I set it for 9:30. I woke up at 9:17, reached over and turned off all 3 alarms.

Michelle went to animal control either by herself or with some one else yesterday. She is fostering a young black lab named Rachael. She was a stray but was obviously trained. So far she is getting along well with Justice and totally making herself at home. I don't know if Michelle will crate her tomorrow when she goes to work or not. I year old lab puppies have a huge amount of energy and she has a small house.

I hope I have enough on my DVR so I can have something decent to watch while the Super Bowl is on tonight. I have discovered a new show I like, Tiny House Nation. I like watching the Tiny House shows but the builders on that show really take it seriously and come up with very innovative ideas of space saving.

Joyce, Indiana
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Marcelyn, I feel for you and your cold. It sounds much worse than mine and mine has me doing nothing much other than resting. It is also keeping me from sleeping well at night but it could be something serious so I’m thankful for the health that I have. I hope you feel better real soon. I mean it’s Super Bowl Sunday in Houston no less.

Pip, you know that all that exercise and your youthful personality has you looking years and years younger than you are. Enjoy it while it last cause by the time you are in your 90’s people will begin to think you might be a senior. toothy-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

NYKaren, so sorry for the DD problems. They can just break our heart, can’t they? I hope things turn around soon. (((Hugs))) Good girl to cry rather than eat bad things.

Allie, I sure hope I didn’t give you my cold! Seriously I do hope it is short and sweet. (((Hugs)))
    Cheri, it sounds like you and your DH are doing a great job at the workouts!!! Keep up the great work. weight-machine-smiley-emoticon.gif

Beth, sorry your hubby is having such back issues. I hope the doctor can come up with a plan for some relief.

Katla, I hope the eye surgery goes off as scheduled. Weather can be such a pain in the Assphalt.

Marni, love the Angry Yoga video. Too funny.

I’m sorry to hear that so many of you have had less than stellar eating days. Just remember you can start over at any given moment.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I slept great last night for about 3 ½ hours and that was it. Then awake most of the rest of the night. I’ve had a shower and shampoo and all ready for the Big Game. Go Atlanta! They aren’t as much fun now that I don’t munch on fattening food all the way through the 3rd quarter. My cruise buddy is the one that moved out of state and she won’t be able to come back for the cruise we booked on my birthday, April 24th. It’s just a 5 night out of Charleston but I was really looking forward to it. None of my friends here can go and it looks like I’ll have to cancel. I’m so disappointed! If any of you would like to join me, please message me. captain-smiley-emoticon.gif I’m not caught up but can’t sit here any longer right now. I hope you all have a wonderful evening.
    Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.
    I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    long version

JOG-TREADMILL- 46 minutes 53 seconds 9.22 average pace or minute mile, speed on treadmill 6.3-6.7speed, 138 average heart rate, 164 maximum heart rate, ran 5 miles = 496 caloriesies

ROWING MACHINE- 10 minutes, 117 average heart rate, 135 maximum.heart rate, average watts (power) 60 watts,
    distance- 1682 meters / 1/05 miles, = 97 calories

S MATRIX CLIMBING MACHINE- 8 minutes, 147 average heart rate, 160 maximum heart rate = 112 calories

total cal. 705
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pip, glad you got back on the horse that threw you! And glad you're not hurt :D. Reminds me of seeing this video of this really serious gym rat guy running on a treadmill when a VERY sexy woman walks by...he can't keep his eyes off her and gets thrown right off onto the floor, much to the amusement of his guy buds next to him.

All this talk about the instant pot...never heard of it, so guess will look it up. I love to cook. We grew up using pressure cookers, but they mostly turned things to mush. (Although my college boyfriend's German-born mother blew one up once--that was exciting!)

I saw that lololol
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Marni, OK my job here is done! Making people smile just makes my day! I think some of the hugs given were long overdue for most of the older folks sadly.
    Becca
    In control of my eating in
    SNOWY Oregon!
    ❄❄❄

c5pqodkw8sxb.gif
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh just got it! 5 hugs a day is mandatory! (Hugging the same person 5 times is not legal now...)
    Thanks friend!
    Becca just a grinning in Oregon!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    it's snowing, I hope it sticks!

in Tacoma WA near Seattle
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Pip ~ The buttercups are blooming here.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Peach, the only thing blooming in our field is kids playing amongst the elk poop and the inch of snow! Haha!
    Becca being silly...
  • sherryminchagain
    sherryminchagain Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey now....

KJ and Marni - thank you ladies for being my cheerleaders. I try to make at least one person smile each day.

czu4gqb77fnl.jpg

Sherry in "cold and dreary Columbia River Gorge"

• pipcd34
    Options
    l
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    780883jqe8m198d9.gif
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Becca, I was at Sams the other day and I saw this lady who had the kind of rain hat my Mom had. It was one that folded up and she kept it in her purse. It tied under her chin. Since Mom's birthday is today and she is on my mind a lot, I went over to her and told her that I hadn't seen one of those in a long time and asked her if I could give her a hug. I'm glad she said it was fine because I enjoyed hugging an old lady in a rain hat just like my Moms. A hug is enjoyed by both the giver and the givee.

Oldest daughter called today and she got a job. She will be a personal assistant to a man who has his hands in many different kinds of jobs. She will take a lot of his calls and return, keep things like spread sheets up to date, etc. He will provide her with a laptop and a phone since her only access to internet is her iPad and she doesn't have a cell phone that has a ring to it. Now I don't understand that but her husband is kind of ultra tech and figured it out and they pay very little to nothing for phone service. But it doesn't ring. After her Dad's heart attack they did get a prepaid phone that will ring but sometimes, well most times, they forget to put it by the bed at night. It's a part time job and she has the opportunity to interview for a 2nd part time job.

Joyce, Indiana
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Actually did well so far today. No ice cream and lots of fruits, veggies, and nuts.

DJ my son and a good friend share your birthday. I am not a cruise traveler. That would be great if one of us could join you. Pictures please.

:heart: Margaret
  • pipcd34
    Options