WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    My son is a manager at a hot wings cafe and has planned to be very, very busy tonight. Just hoping they make a bundle.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Pip Oh I hope you won't be too stiff and sore tomorrow! Did you just nonchalantly get up and continue on the treadmill like nothing happened?

Marni Angry Yoga is right up my alley. I am afraid if I develop dementia and become socially disinhibited I will swear like a sailor because even though I am outwardly civilized I have potty mouth in my brain. Must. Keep. Exercising. running-smiley-emoticon.gif

Carol I bet he will make a bundle! Gotta have wings for Super Bowl!

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Pip Oh I hope you won't be too stiff and sore tomorrow! Did you just nonchalantly get up and continue on the treadmill like nothing happened?

Marni Angry Yoga is right up my alley. I am afraid if I develop dementia and become socially disinhibited I will swear like a sailor because even though I am outwardly civilized I have potty mouth in my brain. Must. Keep. Exercising. running-smiley-emoticon.gif

Carol I bet he will make a bundle! Gotta have wings for Super Bowl!

Karen in Virginia

That was at the end of the 5 mikes, that was all that I was planning on doing. I I didn't actually fall tho. I won't have any choice as to being sore tomorrow or not, still going to ride and workout like usual
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr of a pilates DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do another segment of Pilates Slim and Lean DVD, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

Went to Bi-Lo this morning because they advertised that their meat was on a weekend special. Well, it turns out that it realy was on sale all week long. I was disappointed. Put ribs in the crockpot for Vince for later in the week, now making a sweet potato for myself

Welcome everyone new!

partaz - when I go to a cycling class, I hate when they have just blacklights and loud music. That's one of the reasons why I do the downloadable workouts.

Marni - I couldn't get the angry yoga to open for me .... boo

Leigh - glad you are here.

NancyD - we own a condo in FL. Last year (or maybe it was the year before) the water from the toilet of the people above us came down into our condo, the whole ceiling in our bathroom came down, the vanity was warped. I didn't realize this, and to me it's a stupid rule, according to FL law they are not responsible to replace our vanity -- we are. The condo assoc was responsible to replace the ceiling. This has happened before (the water from the toilet has come down into our bathroom). What is their incentive to solve the problem? We'll be leaving for there in a few weeks -- can't wait to go

Heather - I hope you have better luck than we did getting insurance to pay for Vince's hospital stay when we were in Switzerland.

PHXLoser - congrats on the loss. Is there a special reason you can't eat much?

Lenora - how I wish you were closer to us! Ever since they moved Mexican Train dominoes to the location at the airport, we haven't gone. I know Vince misses it and so do I.

pip - of course you continued working out after losing your balance -- you're pip and that's what you do. Reminds me of the commercial on the SuperBowl of a hippo falling off a treadmill, only he didn't get back on it.

lacruiser - I don't have an instant pot either, but I love my pressure cooker. The meat comes out so very tender, and hard boiled eggs are quite good

Made ribs for later in the week and the weeks afterwards. I had to get 2 packages, I thought I could only get one. I'm not crazy about freezing them so I'll just make them in the crockpot to freeze after they are cooked

Joyce - congrats to your daughter

Michele in NC
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    So I went to the concert last night and did my part in infecting the world. Actually I made it through the concert without coughing thanks to taking the meds the Dr. prescribed at just the perfect timing. There were a LOT of people there coughing though so I wasn't the only one in my situation. Yo-Yo Ma was wonderful and after four times returning to the stage for the standing ovation he came out and played a lovely encore. I have to admit that I think Joshua Bell was a better concert (two years ago), but that could be due to the difference in the instruments. The cello is just such a mellow instrument. Mellow Cello. The concert was great but downtown Houston was a nightmare. Oh my gosh. I'm used to the theater and concert crowd but every street was packed. We allowed two hours for parking and finding a place to eat and managed the parking but didn't find a place to eat outside of the concert hall itself with a wait time of less than two hours. We usually allow about 5 minutes travel time and parking and an hour to eat. This time we needed about four hours due to the crowds. But that has been Houston pretty much all week.

I'm doing better today but have just laid around and slept a lot. Still coughing something terrible and not sleeping well at night. Now we have four more family members with the same crud so it's making the rounds quickly through the family.

Super bowl: Falcons are doing well, looks like they might just win (3rd quarter as I write this). Natl. anthem was nicely done. Loved seeing the Bush's looking healthy and happy. Houston's first couple is well thought of here. Always gracious people. Liked Lady Gaga's half-time show. She did a good job as a solo performer. She said she was taking her inspiration from Michael Jackson's '93 show and I think it showed. I liked how it was a unity message and not a politically divisive message like we had last year.

All I know is I'll be happy when the traffic gets back to normal. My daughter's inlaws are here and will be flying out tomorrow... the airport will be impossible.... glad I'm not taking them. :)

Headed to bed....
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! – I ‘used’ to be a ‘door slammer’; in some cases, still am … took after my Daddy, living in an old house, he did not think a door was ‘shut until it was slammed shut’. Front door stuck; so he’d slam it, walk through the foyer, through a set of French Doors, to the hallway, through dining room door, slammed both; and, into kitchen through a swinging door. I guess I got my ‘door slamming’ from him. The guys think I always ‘slam my car door’.

I think I have what others have been saying they have. Chills, fever, body hurts, headache, non-stop sneezing, and nauseated. Made sleeping with C-pap a bit irritating; but, have to wear it so I won’t stop breathing. Scared my DDnL#2 to death when I stopped breathing for a full minute. Haven’t eaten much today. Just don’t feel like it. At least the new book I started is interesting.

DOGD called today – Made an 86 on one test; and 96 on another, still waiting for her ‘genetics’ grade. Said that they are teaching Knox, her lab, to have a treat put on her nose; and, working towards her flipping it and catching it in her mouth. She said the second she turned off her cellphone camera, she turned her nose to the side and it slid into her mouth. Well, maybe she has been watching the lab on TV.

Knox is about a year old, I think; but, like a 2-year-old everything goes into her mouth. All legs and gangly when she runs. Loved the snow and ice they got this year; did not want to come in. Said she’d slide everywhere and acted like she enjoyed it.

I am way too claustrophobic to live in a ‘tiny house’ but, it is interesting to see how some of the people make the best out of the space they have.

GO FALCONS!!!!!

Pip – I did one of those “Taylor Swift” moves on our treadmill, got stuck between it and a dining room chair; and the belt tore up my wrist … burns that wiped off 5 layers of skin. Then I would get ‘looks’ because I had to ‘bandage’ it. You’re lucky you didn’t lose your balance. Figured you would have continued exercising.

Lenora
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    :)Katla, Bernie eats the dogs' food if they don't finish it right away. Sometimes they bark at him, but usually they see that the cat is the boss.

:)Becky, I always put exercise ahead of housework. Today my only housework was folding laundry and washing the lunch dishes but I walked the dogs for over three hours and rode the exercise bike for 90 minutes.

:)Keri, welcome...I live on the North Olympic Peninsula. There are lots of women on this site who work full time and have found great strategies for preparing healthy meals and fitting in time for exercise.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • KetoneKaren
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Marni What's wrong with fried cheese? Dunno what's so darn funny! dirty-language-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Tired. Happy day spent in the glass studio.
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Marni What's wrong with fried cheese? Dunno what's so darn funny! dirty-language-smiley-emoticon.gif

HA! I'm eating it now! He decided to put it on a small veggie Boboli pizza.

wdq2b3y93143.gif
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Marni I can't open that link but veggie Boboli pizza sounds yum. I'm doing the keto challenge with Mary so the only pizza I will be eating for the next 3 weeks will have cauliflower crust...
  • Marcelynh
    Options
    Well at least the Falcons and Patriots made it a game worth screwing with my traffic for the week. Wow.

Marcelyn in Houston
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Pip ~ The buttercups are blooming here.

My daffodils are up and budded, should have blooms soon.

Janetr OKC
  • Marcelynh
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »

Janetr OKC

I'm planting tomatoes in the garden. Not pretty flowers but tasty.

Marcelyn
    Houston
  • janetr7476
    Options
    miakoda40 wrote: »
    Tired. Happy day spent in the glass studio.

Would love to see some of your new creations. Maybe share us a picture when you have time? Please :)

Janetr OKC
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    It won't stop snowing!!! Second time it has snowed a lot this winter. We have over 2 feet that fell in 2 days and more in the way. Prior to this, It had not snowed in over 3 years in lower BC
    Manages to avoid the cinnamon Huns in the staff lounge today and to stay on track. Gotta come up with a plan for the next 2 12 hr night shifts i work. People bring in junk food and the doctors often order pizza cause everyone gets the munchies on nights :(

Karen in BC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    janetr7476 wrote: »

Janetr OKC

I'm planting tomatoes in the garden. Not pretty flowers but tasty.

Marcelyn
    Houston

Oh wow, no such progress here. I'm thinking the flowers here still have a chance of freezing. They're fairly protected by the patio and a big tree. Time will tell.

Janetr OKC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    The only thing I didn't like about the half-time show was in the beginning that "stuff" around her eyes. When she took it off, she looked so much better.

canookie - congrats on your win

Karen in BC - keep that snow. Maybe you could bring something (like baby carrots, tomatoes, grapes) with you on those 12 hour days? Congrats on avoiding that bun

Michele in NC
    who needs to take the second set of ribs out of the crockpot right now