WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Kelly, I'm so sorry for your loss. Siblings are the ones who are with us all our lives, supposedly, unlike everyone else in it, and it's a tough loss, no matter what.

Kim - hope all's well with your family. Hang on to your space, please don't let them treat you badly. Thinking about you.

Rori - feel better soon!

First sip of first cup of coffee, and then second long day of three. Yesterday was 15 hours from first writing to getting home from writer's group meeting, but everything went pretty well, all things considered.

Love y'all... off to gird my loins. Or something.
    Lisa in West Texas
  • joannec433
    joannec433 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started watching what I eat and exercising....AGAIN. This time in it to win it!. Glad to see a support group for us older but wiser women!!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Kelly,

So sorry to hear that your sister has passed away. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Yinka, Worcestershire UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    well I am having a depression day. working 9-6 and 9-6 the next 2 days..sometimes I get like this.. hope it goes away... I would personally like to take off to the weekend and decompress.. but dont even know where to go
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    KJ - What a lovely photo. Glad you are remembering the good times. <3

Hugs for Allison ((((HUGS))))

Love Heather UK
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Greetings lovely ladies!

So yesterday I had a sofa day (like a duvet day, but the dog gets to sit on my lap too!) I have MS (multiple sclerosis) and although I am blessed with not having too many or too severe relapses, I sometimes suffer from chronic fatigue which appears without warning and totally wipes me out!

Luckily my DH and I both work from home (albeit in opposite parts of the house!) so I am always in the right place!

I spent a little bit of my time trying to get up to speed with my Dutch language lessons, I am really bad at this language. This is despite my baby sister having lived there for more than 20 years (she's fluent) and two gorgeous nephews and a beautiful niece who are wonderfully bi-lingual. Plus I visit the Netherlands a couple of times each year - most of them speak wonderful English, almost effortlessly!

I can do French well enough, and can get by with Spanish, but I find Dutch really hard. I can't help think that some words have an excessive number of syllables! Do you find the same with German, Heather?.

But next year we plan to spend a couple of months in the Netherlands, so I am going to try harder.

Woke up with renewed vigour this morning, so I did my workout and then photographed some of my most recent cufflinks before settling down to some report-writing.

Just thought I'd pop by before lunch - I'm making soup.

Have a great day, all!

Yinka - Worcestershire UK

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of Jeannette Jenkins Bikini Boot Camp DVD. We have a Newcomer general meeting tomorrow so the plan is to do Ada Jankowitz's Basic Training DVD

Having my breakfast of peas, cottage cheese and Special K while I write to you all

Sherry - love all the cute pics you post. Thanks for the smiles

Lublinite, joannec - welcome.

KJ - you have some wonderful memories of being with your sister. Hold onto those

Yinka - please post a pic of those cufflinks

Karen in VA - I'm so sorry about your sister

Michele in NC
    who is off to Aldi
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    Went looking at RVs yesterday. Very interested in a 30 foot motor home that is a 2006 in good shape and only $30k! DH wants to go back and check engine, etc. looks like our move to full time wheeling is getting closer. DS is homeless again 'evil GF' kicked him out and threatened to call cops if he went back.

DH wants to look at more RVs tomorrow. He just said. Fun! I love looking at these!

Stats:
    185.8 up pound. Had Arby's fish sandwich, and loaded fries for lunch. Then to top it off, chips and salsa for snack. WAY TOO MUCH SALT! Emotional eating from excitement and realization of future goal of RVing.
    No squats or stretches
    Walked dogs for 1 hour
    Steps Apple Watch 9251. FitBit 9208 steps
    Breathe app 0
    Water 10 cups

Rainy/icy out so home today.

Rita in CT
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Morning Workout
    Goblet squat-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-25X7X 30
    Evening Workout with Husband he decided he has more time in the evening!
    Goblet squat-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing 25X7X 30

Keto 3 Week Challenge February 5th-25th
    This type of eating really melts the fat off of my body! Since Sunday I have lost 2.6 pounds! Without any effort except the menu planning! My diary is open for those that want to get ideas.

Allie - at least you know who you can trust! I would still go!

Kelly- (((Hugs)))

KarenVA - i'm glad that you're having success! Thanks for all of your information!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    fanncy you go gurl!