WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• tammyclf
    tammyclf Posts: 57 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    So looking forward to spring. It's cold and windy here again today. I giggle when I read about you girls with the flowers blooming already and leaves appearing on the trees - it will be another 3 months before I can plant my tulips or this darn snow if gone.

Hugs to all
    Paula Y

Where do you live Paula? I'm in Montana so yeah spring is far away for us as well!
  • tammyclf
    Options
    Sherry in "Columbia River Gorge" - thanks for the giggles!

Well, I did actually get some exercise in yesterday - the beginning for getting my "fight" back! I made the mistake of sitting in my recliner when I got home from work, and didn't manage to budge til 8:00, but I did it. I did 35 min of variation of squats, lunges and deadlifts - very light weights since I'm just getting back to it. Also did some crunches, bridges and glute squeezes (prescribed for pre and post-op hip replacement), and some of my PT stretches. It felt good, and I was glad I did it! Starting back on food journaling today! here goes!

Tammy (Montana)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Had a good lunch - crispy egg on salad leaves and a starter size mussels. Left the sauce and no bread. But I had too much wine. Still hope to come in on calories, but that was the most alcohol, half a bottle, that I've had in weeks. At least I had a lot of water with it. :D

DH has found a NHS dentist, so he will be going there soon. I said, why don't we combine it with a date lunch as it's in Winchester?, so that's what we are going to do. <3:D
    He also rang our tour company to give them feedback on our holiday. I'm sure he did a good job. Personally I find the mega expensive hotel hugely amusing! >:) The other thing that we didn't like was the occasional mass catering buffet lunches that were part of a tour. We are paying for personalised, individual treatment, not tour buses and crowds. :noway: They are always grateful for feedback.

Yinka - Glad to find another linguist! German is mega hard with all the genders and cases. Grrrrrr! But it is a language that keeps coming up in my studies and reading. Plus I learnt a bit when I was young. So I am persevering. Are you using the Duolingo app? I am finding it very helpful. It's not the whole answer, but for a free app I think it's great. I loved my recent visit to Dusseldorf and I have been to Berlin twice. They all speak such good English though, you have to insist on speaking it. ;)

Love to all. I think a nap is on the cards.

Heather in Hampshire, UK
  • tammyclf
    Options
    I see some who reply to specific people have their names in bold. Is that the best way to reply directly to someone? any tips?
    grogers I am new here too! You have already inspired me since you have set out great goals! I think I will think on a list of my goals like you did!
    MeredithDeVoe I loved Gaga's show as well. I especially identify with her because she had severe hip issues and has had surgery for it - and look at her go now! inspirational!
  • pcfrend
    pcfrend Posts: 55 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    So true!! lol - even in southern Ontario!
    This comment was in relation to the Canadian weather chart posted sometime in the past two days. I forgot to quote it. Sorry
  • pcfrend
    pcfrend Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's just past noon on Tuesday morning here in southern Ontario. I'm still waiting for the freezing rain to hit that has been predicted for the past two days. 2017 has been a challenge so far. I had another gallbladder attack in January and now waiting for surgery in March. This was followed by 10 days of a very bad head cold. I hate not being able to breathe! While this was happening, I'm training my new puppy and getting my house renovated and ready to sell in April. Not a dull moment around here.

The down side is that my low carb diet has been off the rails. It's so hard to get back on track. My cravings are through the roof. Superbowl Sunday didn't help me either!! lol

While I was sick my appetite was very small and I only ate soup or protein. Now my hunger is off the charts. So I have to eliminate fat (as much as possible for gallbladder) reduce carbs and cut back portion. I know I feel better when I'm on track so that is my motivation.

Your support on here is amazing. If you have thoughts on this please share with me! :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Meredith: My daughter was also impressed with Lady Gaga. I liked the music but not the theatrics & special effects. I'd have been happier with a stand and deliver approach. :ohwell:

Sherry: I'd work on eliminating the salt by drinking loads of water, and not adding salt at the table. I still eat salty things from time to time, but I've cut way back at home. When eating out, Chinese and Mexican are battling it out for most added salt. :noway:

Kim: I hope your mom's visit is positive. If anyone can help what ever she's worried about, you are the best choice for good listening and clear thinking with a sensible perspective. Don't forget to take care of yourself. :flowerforyou:

Alison: Take care of yourself. Learning who is or isn't trustworthy is often painful. (((hugs))) Vitamin D3 helps me fight off depression. I prefer the liquid gel caps and they make a noticeable difference. This time of year I take 6000 IU. As the days lengthen I cut that back to 4,000 & then 2,000. When days start getting shorter I add more D3. :smiley:

Kelly: I am so sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))

Fran from ATL: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Yvonne in TX: Thanks for your good wishes! DH had a call from the surgery center this morning to get ready for tomorrow. :smiley:

The plan for today is to leave home some time near noon and take a leisurely trip to the hotel. We will stop to look at some possible home decoration accessories at Michaels, and will also make a Costco stop along the way. So far the weather looks cooperative.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    jolenec1: You're hilarious. Hope the rest of the day goes better.

Katla: Holding good thoughts for DH to get safely to surgery and back.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills and enjoying Becca's cyber-chicken soup :lol:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :)Meredith and Tammy, I liked Lady Gaga's performance so much that I'm going to teach a line on Friday to her song "Born This Way"

:)Katla, thinking of you as you and your hubby head for the big city and his surgery.

:) The dogs loved the snow again this morning. We walked for almost two hours.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Rori said, jolenec1: You're hilarious. Hope the rest of the day goes better. Thanks for outlining your morning and I too hope it gets better.
  • tammyclf
    Options
    Barbie - sweet! what do you teach?
    also, you may have missed my comment to you yesterday: "I noticed you are from NW WA and have snow. My son and daughter-in-law live in Bremerton, WA and also got quite a lot of snow. My DIL posted a pic of a snowman she made this morning. She and my son were raised in here in Montana, so they chuckle that everything on their side is closed today."
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Michele in NC, When you said Ann was that a professional photo, was that to me? I guess I am asking because most of you all call me Becca. I took that pic with my tablet! Professional shmofessional!! Technology is a crazy thing.

So our neighbors had a party with lots of people until about 9pm. The problem was when they started being intimate from 11pm to about 2am. At least they have now moved the headboard away from their wall that our bed is against. Apartment dwelling can be frustrating!

Organizing meals a week at a time has been easier. Our allotment of $80 per week seems do able. With less choices its not so much of a dilemma. I get so mental with the nightly banter. "What would you like for dinner Dear?". "Well, what sounds good Dear?". (The words Dear a bit more tight-lipped). He always follows this with, " What are my options?". This is when really flippant comments flash through my brain.. Ha ha!

Hugs to everyone's!
    Becca
    In slushy "snirty" snow (snow + dirt)
    In Oregon⚓⚓
  • lacruiser2016
    lacruiser2016 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Jolene, you made me laugh, too! Hope you can keep the cheese where it belongs for the rest of the day!

I went to the gym to do my circuit training, and found that a new trainer was there to conduct a class. Since I was the only one there I became his class, meaning I had him all to myself, so no slacking on weight or reps! Ooh, Nancy was a wore-out puppy when done. Great workout, but I had to come home and take a nap so I can play tennis tonite!

Coffee, then start painting the cabinet to match my mirror...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)