WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Jolene (yep I DID just sing that in my brain like Dolly Parton). Your morning synapses were just priceless! Thanks for putting a giggle in my morning!
    Becca
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    Carol- Sending prayers and (((hugs))) your way! Whatever your need is. We are here for you!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Prayers for you Carol. <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,945 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    tammyclf wrote: »
    Barbie - sweet! what do you teach?
    also, you may have missed my comment to you yesterday: "I noticed you are from NW WA and have snow. My son and daughter-in-law live in Bremerton, WA and also got quite a lot of snow. My DIL posted a pic of a snowman she made this morning. She and my son were raised in here in Montana, so they chuckle that everything on their side is closed today."

:) I teach beginning line dance Bremerton gets a lot more snow than we do in Sequim. Schools often close here when it snows because so many people live in rural areas in the foothills of the Olympic mountains.

<3 Barbie
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Carol Prayers winging your way.
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Took a break yesterday and got 170 posts behind!

Welcome to all the new friends.

Kelly - so sorry for the loss of your sister. Praying for you.

Carol - Prayers for your situation.

Had a .2 pound loss yesterday! That was hard fought! At least it is in the right direction! Hubby is home with a tummy bug. I'm working tonight for a friend who will work for me on Thursday.

Everyone have a good day.

Toni in Tennessee
  • tammyclf
    tammyclf Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Barbie - I also have a friend in Sequim! wow! small world! She emailed me yesterday to tell me she had snow! so crazy! line dance huh?! I am NOT a dancer - wish I was! It looks fun, but my inhibition gets the best of me! ha! We come and hike in the Olympics every summer with our son and DIL! It's gorgeous! We have done quite a few hikes out there! also LOVE Rialto Beach on the coast!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    I'm only on page 18 but wanted to post to Kelly.

Kelly ... so very sorry to hear of your loss ... words are never very good at expressing what our hearts feel ... my heart hurts for you today ...
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! :)
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good afternoon, it is so true that if you want to keep up you need to check a couple of times each day if you can. I really like the analogy of a pub. That is what this feels like. A comfortable, familiar place where you can chat about anything.

Yinka beautiful cufflinks
    Carol just said a prayer for you <3

Had some stress at work today. I manage a department in a hospital as well as work on special projects as assigned. So I am currently managing my department and working on a project and being pulled on another project. They expect so much from us and healthcare workers are burning out from the decrease in resources. They keep getting rid of people and piling more on us. I can only do so much. Now at 55, I have no issue setting my limits even if it means losing my job. I am a tough old bird now. But of course because of this, I want to eat everything. I haven't and I am not going to but ugh!! I love what I do and it is a compliment that I am in demand but I don't like being pulled all over and then the quality of my work suffers.

So enough whining and thanks for listening. Going to eat only what I have planned and will watch the big storm as it unfolds out my window. Freezing rain is on the way, right now there is just heavy wind and that ominous sound.

So long gals!

<3 Sarah, in stormy Ontario, Canada
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,263 Member
    Options
    Katla - Good thoughts for your DH's op winging your way. And may it go easily and peacefully for you too. <3

Carol - More good thoughts coming your way. :flowerforyou:

Bit bloated tonight. But bearable. Still catching up on TV we've recorded. :D

Tomorrow is a viewing. We'll have to tidy up a bit and hoover and clean a few spots before they come. Then we will go out shopping while they are here. I want to buy two more white long sleeved T shirts before they change the style and quality. Plus some groceries. There seems to be a shortage of frozen spinach. I like the whole leaf, not the chopped, but I can't find it anywhere at the moment. Even the chopped has disappeared off the shelves. :* I use the leaf a lot, especially in the skinnytaste.com recipe.

Still haven't filled in the insurance forms. :s>:):'(

Love Heather, feeling subdued in Hampshire UK
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    <3 Kate UK
  • tammyclf
    Options
    Sarah in Ontario - my sister manages some department in a large regional hospital in Mississippi - she has experienced similar - where other employees are eliminated, and she "absorbs" that person's job along with her own. She works crazy hours! I couldn't do it! Good for you for not caving to eating the stress away!

Tammy (Montana)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Joyce – Window World put in our windows on the glassed-in porch (all were special ordered because of size). In the process, they broke one; and, then came back out a week later and replaced it. We were extremely satisfied. Other than we might have ‘wanted’ to paint/stain the strips that hold the windows in; but, you can’t tell either way, from inside or outside. I am ‘still’ waiting for a door; but, that is DH business. The windows are insulated and reflect the sun back outside; so the room won’t be hard to heat and cool. It’s on the west-side of the house, too.

OMGoodness … people and siding – one of the girls that our DOGD went to school with; well, her Daddy is in prison for bilking 3 or 4 people out of doing the siding/gutter/trim on their houses. Still sitting there, too. I have no idea how his wife and the 3 remaining kids at home are doing it. She has never worked. His Dad was in the same business (which is what he probably took over) and I could tell you things about him that would make your skin crawl. He got ‘run out of town on a rail’.

Michele – I like you way of picking out the team to root for. That’s funny!

Meredith – Yeah, she isn’t the 6-pack kind of girl; she did have a bit of a roll over her short shorts. But, enjoyed it … far better than Beyoncé’s last year.

Pam – I’ve been losing then finding the same 2lbs for weeks now; found it again. Dammit! Stilling here and about to get up on treadmill for my exercise. Told that body has gotten used to what has been going on. Increase my protein, water, and exercise and I will see a difference. I sure hope so. So, at lunch went to Cracker Barrel and had a pork chop, brown rice, and seasonal veggies and one cornbread muffin.

Allie – When someone sends a “PM” … that means “PRIVATE” … not to be shared. SIL on which side of the family? Yours or Tom’s? Could be she was ‘getting even’; or maybe she did not know … I sure would not allow that to make me ‘stay home’ from the salt cave with everybody. I’d just pull her off to the side and ask her ‘why she did it and tell her that you did not appreciate it, it was a text in confidence … and ‘hopefully’ you had made that clear enough for her’. Yes, it was wrong, she should be ‘called out about it’. She wins, if she can cause you pain or to cause you to stay home. You can still stay out of her way.

Karen in Virginia – LOL! Actually RITFLMAO! I had a roommate at ‘art school’ who drew a line down the middle of the efficiency apartment we shared. We had been put together by the school. I spent most of my time with the gay couple across the hall. They could not believe she had done it, until I took them over. Line down middle of floor, walls, ceiling; ½ kitchen cabinets were mine, ½ of the refrigerator was mine, 1 side of the kitchen sink, 2 of the ice trays each, She even went so far as to move our beds that met up at a square table so that one was on her side; the other was on mine. I asked her if I was going to ask ‘permission’ to go to the bathroom. She did not ‘like’ my sarcasm. I left her ‘high and dry’ and she had to pay the rent. Next place I lived was in an ‘old’ building with a lot of character. Most all my neighbors were over the age of 60. They enjoyed seeing my art work and I never lacked for ‘treats’. Worked part-time in a deli … so I could bring home whatever I wanted. It was more like a bodega.

Becca – Thankfully, we’ve never lived in an apartment with paper-thin walls. But, I would have banged the wall in a rhythmic way between their bumping the walls … get the idea, neighbors? We can hear it all. So now that you know you can hear them, might be time to move y’all’s bed as well. LOL!

Options? "Something or nothing … your choice." I made Cajun Style 12-bean soup with Andouille sausage … turned out really good … but way too many carbs; but, it sounded good over rice. Surprised DH; because I don't normally cook for supper since we both 'eat' our biggest meal in the middle of the day. Well, he does anyway. Yep, I found that pesky little 1 ½ at weigh-in today. So frustrated!

Carol – {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and Prayers!

Lenora
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Allie- I’m so sorry that happened…. You are so trusting and such a good person, it is hard to find that people are not worthy of your trust. Pick one of us, pm to see if we have a guest room – hop on a plane and spend the weekend with us!

Margaret – such wise words! And being a caregiver doesn’t mean ignoring your needs, just balancing them with others needs.

Jolenec1 – ok your story is as funny as some of the minions!!! I could just see this happening to me! The rest of the day has to be ok as you got all the “bad” stuff done with early!

Yinka – those cuff links are stunning!!!! Wish I had a guy in my life to buy for!

Carol – not really the praying type, but sending you lots of good thoughts! Take Care!

Thanks everyone for the reminders to take care of me in addition to “hearing” my family – my guess is that part of the issues are financial, as when my dad passed away in 1997 my mom added me to the bank accounts and for withdrawls/checks over a set limit we both have to approve, really was done as she had never handled the finances and was in learning mode, and we’ve just never changed it. But any of the reasons I’m thinking of for her to need a big chunk of money are not ones I’ll go along with… but I need to stop dwelling on it – Thursday will be here soon enough.

February Goals:
    Write Christmas letter, and have all cards ready to send by Dec1…this was for nov. but still working on it. Jan. still working on this….**** GET THIS DONE*******
    Read and report on a book –
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday –
    Work on water consumption –
    Lunch with Kyle -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    oh one other thing I wanted to share, I needed some new tops - others just getting worn... So I went to my favorite 2nd hand store, and picked out 2 tops tried them on and they looked good and fit the exact same, but as I looked them over (2nd hand always needs a good look over) I noticed that one was JJill brand and was a petite medium, the other charter club was an xlg.... and if you had asked me I wear a large... no wonder it is so hard to buy clothes!
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hello Super Sisters!

I had PT this morning... Who needs a personal trainer when you have a Physical Therapist? Not PAIN - but, I can feel all the muscles from my hips to my knees... guess that's a good thing.

The only blot on my day? I had my lunch packed LAST NIGHT - and I put it on the chair where I put my purse and stuff this morning... and I left it there when I went to PT. *forehead smack*

Fortunately - Dinner is already in the crockpot (I prepped that last night, too) - so I know what it is going to be and I called DH and requested that he put the lunch bag back in the fridge for tomorrow. Darn it! I wanted my veggies and dip! AND I had to go to the dreaded cafeteria - ridiculously expensive -and few offerings are what anyone would call "lo cal." Thank heaven for IF!

I was able to get a lovely chicken quesadilla - which I watched being prepared. Next time I will request that the man stop after the 2nd splash of melted butter! (He was grilling the mushrooms and onions along with the meat for the quesadilla.)

Since I watched him make the thing, I think I did a pretty good estimate on the calories... *whew* I had left a little buffer in my day, anyway - so I shouldn't have any issues with the calorie count.

But yeah - spaced the lunch... and I have also had the "waking up thinking it was the wrong day" experience. I woke up on a Saturday all panicked - thinking my alarm had failed to go off... I was spazzing out and frantically scrambling to get dressed when DH asked me what my problem was... LOL.

My cheese is sliding all over the place most of the time. I just figure I am not supposed to eat the darned cracker, anyway - so the cheese is always trying to get away... >:)

Anyway - back to work!

Love you guys! Hugs for everybody!

Re in TX
  • tammyclf
    Options
    Marcelyn BAHAHAHAHAHA that was hilarious!