Replies

• miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    meep
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Kelly- so sorry for your loss of your sister.
    Katlia- sending positive thoughts for good weather for the surgery.
    Sherry - love the memes. They always make me laugh.
    I have been struggling a bit this past week. It usually happens about 4 in the afternoon. Just hope I can do enough exercise to combat the munchies.
    Played golf this morning but quit after nine as the wind was blowing 20 mph and the course was so backed up we waited every shot. Hope tomorrow will be better.
    I can't remember who posted the comment to Heather that she should see her regular doctor but I agree.
    Healing thoughts for all who are ill or feeling pain.
    SueBDew in TX
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Karen, BC what kind of hospital do you work at that doctor's care enough about the nurses to order pizza for them? The only thing we got was tons of goodies at Christmas from every doctor or group in town.

Katla, the blood sugar I was talking about was an after supper blood sugar. 98 would be a wonderful fasting. I would die for that!!!! I do think my last one was 93 so I and my doctor was pleased.

KJ, I am so sorry about your sister. I don't care how difficult a relative is, when they die it is very personal and a huge loss. Big hugs.

I am hoping that the job my daughter got will still allow her to go on their vacation this summer. If she is provided with a lap top and phone and can work from home, then why can't she do it from an RV in the Rocky Mountains!!!!!

We had an appointment today with a window company. So we are under contract to get all windows and sliding glass patio door changed out!!!!! Window World is a national company so some of you may know of them. Then we finally got our estimate on gutters with guard, painting all exterior surfaces and doors. Windows $6000, painting and gutters $6680. That does not include us purchasing the front door and back garage door. So more than likely a good $14000. And we still need to get landscaping done. I would be satisfied with just getting the front yard around the porch and some in the back yard. For those of you who joined us since we had our bushes and tree removed, we went with a friend of a friend instead of a tree removal company. This is Charlie's way of doing things. One time we had a dead pine tree and some, what Charlie calls illegals, were doing work down the street and Charlie asks them if they would remove this huge dead tree. So for about $100 they remove it. I told them that they couldn't just remove the tree. The tree, stump and all debris had to be removed. Well we were left with a stump but at least I was able to successfully argue with them for removal of debris in our neighbors yard. So you have an idea of how Charlie works. We had 3 different contractors for all exterior painting, building a large deck, and making our family room that ended up in prison for fraud. The one for the family room just walked off the job one day. But he did leave all his equipment which I sold for a good price!!!!! So I am insisting that this work now be done by licensed, bonded contractors. I have vertical drapes in the kitchen in front of the sliding patio door. My doors will be so glad to see them gone. And since it will no longer lock he has a piece of wood in front of half of it. This window work will force me to do some house cleaning and organizing since everything has to be removed from in front of windows. My cedar chest is in front of the window in the office.

So some of my dreams are coming true!!!!! Oh, the landscaping. When we had this huge almost dead silver maple tree removed from the back yard, they took the HUGE stump and ground it up. They burned up 2 stump grinders doing it. So after the grind it up they just take their rake and combine the ground up stump with the dirt around it. We had 3 really big bushes in the front yard, that were totally obstructing the view of the house that they also removed and they did the same. Grind up the stump and rake it into the dirt. So the front yard isn't that bad but the back yard has this huge are that actually goes into the side yard that when you walk over it isn't quite flat.It dips down quite a bit. Weeds have completely over taken it and in front moss has taken that. So I would be satisfied this year just to have all that dug up and good soil in with good fertilizer and grass seed out in. That may be all we can afford this year.

Joyce, Indiana
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,914 Member
    Options
    :)grogers, you have come to the right place. I came here at age 62 and lost the 50+ pounds I wanted to lose and have maintained the loss for years. The support here keeps me focused on what is important in my life.

:'(<3Kelly, I am so sorry for your loss.

:) Walking in the snow is much more of a workout than walking on dry streets. The dogs loved every minute of our time outside. Bess ran back and forth and found out how much fun it was to eat the snow.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    15,000 steps
    178 minutes walking Sasha and Bess
    89minutes riding the exercise bike

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,342 Member
    Options
    Did 10 minutes of Pilates Slim & Lean DVD, held my plank for 2 min 50 sec, then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jeannette Jenkins Bikini Boot Camp DVD.

pip - be careful riding in that snow

Welcome everyone new

Busy day, exercise, stopped at the Salvation Army, we may go back tomorrow, bowling, ceramics, then mahjongg. Don't know why, but we played really late tonight.

Ann - love your pic. Is it a professional one?

tammy - we are more of a chat board, we talk about EVERYTHING, some about the workouts programs, all things because everything affects what and how we eat. We also give ideas to others. NSV - Non Scale Victory (like fitting into smaller clothes)

KJ - my deepest sympathies to you and yours

Sarah - you're going girl on your planks, Good for you

Re - good for your hubby! You might also want to look into water shoes. My way of deciding which team I'll root for is "who has the nicer looking uniform" and "who has the better bodies running up and down the field in those tight pants?" Amazing -- reading and swimming

Better get to bed.

Michele in NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    KJ, so sorry for your loss.

Mary, please keep us posted on the keto thing. I'd love to know what a typical food day for you looks like.
    You should be able to view my diary. Let me know if you can't. I am melting the fat off of my body. This way of eating really does burn fat!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie! Forgot to add - I'm Ginger in Texas.
  • MeredithDeVoe1
    MeredithDeVoe1 Posts: 67 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Asked DH about two words to describe marriage. He said difficult and confusing. Both true!

Rita from starting to snow CT
    Rita, this is loads better than "fine" when it's not fine. Transparency is a strength in marriage. Hugs to you.

Lost another hard-won pound, yay!!

So I watched Lady Gaga's Super Bowl performance. And I was amazed not so much by her leap of eternal glory, but by the fact that she SANG the whole thing, she was NOT lip synching! I am a singer and I was really inspired. Her level of fitness is amazing, and yet, she did not have washboard abs. I was encouraged by that.

• sherryminchagain
    sherryminchagain Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey now....again....lol....

SueBDew - I'm glad I can make you laugh!

Joyce - yay for dreams coming true!! It will feel really good to get those things accomplished and behind you!

Kelly - we are all there with you with our hands on your shoulders as you go through this. I know she had her moments, but you did the best you could with her and I'm glad you got the chance to visit with her. I hope you take solace in and find peace in those special moments I'm sure the two of you have shared at times in your lives together. We are here for you when you need us hun. <3

OK, I admit it, I totally blew my calorie goal by 655 calories today and OMG, I ate processed food with MSG in it!!!! I had such a bad craving for tortilla chips and salsa con queso!! The chips were oh so good!! I think my body was craving salt badly (I have a very low sodium intake goal and never ever ad salt to my food). I usually do OK with this kind of regimen, I HAVE to keep my salt intake very low or I react badly to it and blow up like a balloon. And my doc warned me I might go through this once in a while, but I managed not to do too much damage. I only had 2 big handfuls of chips and about 6tbsp of queso, but for me this is a big big no no! Once on the lips, forever on the hips! *Sigh* I just hope my feet and ankles don't swell too big, those are usually the first to swell and it just works it's way up my body. I'm currently trying to flush out with a butt load of water, we'll see what happens. Maybe I'll get lucky, ha, yeah, right! I may just have to stay inside and walk around barefoot around the house if I can't get my shoes on tomorrow. Oh well, what's done is done and tomorrow is another day.

Here's a few more memes before I sign off....

1zzgp8dzznhg.jpg
    yeihjhgp18g7.jpg
    sidmm9cme0rw.jpg
    dvvdoqgf95cz.jpg

Ahaahahahaahaha! I love that last one! That will truly be me!! OK ladies, time for the jam jams and some educational TV! Good night and sweet dreams!! Love you all!! Peace!

Sherry in "OK, where did I put that Life Alert button?? >:) "

• MeredithDeVoe1
    MeredithDeVoe1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just saw this.
    Meredith … someone once said that this group was a lot like a virtual pub… you’re always welcome, you can join in a conversation or just relax and listen … stay for a few minutes or stay all night … I kind of like the pub image. Reminds me of the sitcom “Cheers.” So tell me, how do you manage your migraines to recover faster?
    I rest as much as possible, avoid loud sound and bright lights, pray, eat carbs, but no sugar; drink a lot of water. The projects I have going, I at least look at, even if I can't do anything. That way when I feel better, I don't feel like I am beginning from scratch.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    NYKaren – as the Aunt/god mom, I will tell you that it was great when the Mom or Dad asked me to reach out to the kid as much as when the kid reached out to me… I’ve been there for them for a bunch of interesting conversations that they would never have with the folks.

Pip – it would take more than a scrape to slow you down!

Joyce – glad your DD has a job!

Kelly – I’m sorry --- sending hugs!

So the super bowl party went well, but I hurried the entire time, never saw a minute of the game or ½ time… but that’s work! They loved the mac ‘n cheese – but I have plenty left… I’m sharing it with everyone I know… Have a busy week ahead; a friend’s mom’s celebration of life on Saturday and my mom is coming to have a “serious” talk on Thursday – I think there is some sort of serious issue regarding my brother….For my mom to drive up here mid-week, its serious, as she has never done that before.

Off for some shut eye

February Goals:
    Write Christmas letter, and have all cards ready to send by Dec1…this was for nov. but still working on it. Jan. still working on this….**** GET THIS DONE*******
    Read and report on a book –
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday –
    Work on water consumption –
    Lunch with Kyle -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Mixed day, scale showed loss of .6k, found out one of my photos made the work news sites summer gallery, had my first mammogram, the tech was really good. This is part of gov't screening, but appt shifted to earlier time so more time off work, family dinner with bro & sil tonight.

Pam in Adelaide
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi all,
    Yoga this morning then lunch out with my friend. :D<3 Going to dress up a tiny bit for the lunch. B):D

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    only on page 10 and there are 19 - tomorrows another day so I'm going to bed!

Love you all,

Gloria in cold, icy, snowy WA
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    I am peeved at my SIL I sent her a text in confidence and she put it on a group text so that my daughter would see it, and that ticked my daughter off.. so I am thinking of not going to the salt cave with everyone...that was really wrong to do..
    I wouldn't betray someones trust..
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies

No gym this morning as badly needed visit to hairdresser then out with DH to town. Exercising plays havoc with my hair as I sweat so much but mainly my head, weird! Have done Leslie Sansone video with weights and 75 squats

Kate UK
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good morning ladies <3
    RE I love when you talk about your summer challenge and we are expecting a snow storm here. It warms my heart,
    Rori Hope you feel better and yes to Becca's chicken soup :)
    Katia Prayers for you and your husband
    Ginger Welcome
    Meredith Congrats on the loss!
    Kate gotta love Leslie!

So just bracing for the ice rain that is starting tonight. Wish everyone a healthy day full of good choices!

<3 Sarah,Ontario, Canada