WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Ah no Rori! Sending you some cyber chicken broth in a mason jar and healing thoughts!
    Becca
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    OK a cyber chicken are fierce critters but they make the best soup!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
  • pcfrend
    pcfrend Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I have been sliding so fast this month! It's February and it's cold here in central Ontario! I hate this month and had wanted very much to just sail through but it doesn't seem to be happening. I've lost 38lbs year over year and 9 since Jan 1/17. I can feel the weight just creeping back on!
    I'm getting my house ready for sale so I'm busy getting this old place a make over. It helps to be busy but during the down time I'm ready for a snack. I need to eat low carb and fat free for gallbladder reasons and weight loss. It's a tough one.
    In 22 days we'll be in March and the winter depression will be on its last legs!! can't wait
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Kelly - o:)<3

Charleen in Colorado
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    rori keep drinking tea and ginger. Feel better soon!!

Re that must have been some sight seeing a person reading while doing the backstroke :p. You sound right on track with your exercise-keep up the good work!

Super busy day tomorrow so I am starting the day at the gym before work--gotta get out really early to accomplish this. I will be a bus chaperone and orchestra coach after school so I won't get home till late. I've got to plan carefully tonight to have a successful positive day tomorrow.

NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    Options
    L
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Kelly Sorry to hear your sad news. Sending hugs and healing prayers.

Cheri
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Becca – My boys have always been close; until DYS got married the first time at the age of 36. DOS’s wife really did not like her very much. No reason, except she was thin; DDnL#1 is a heavy girl. She never lost her pregnancy weight after giving birth to DMGD or DYGD. She’s been on so many different ‘diets’; but, won’t try MFP. She eats a lot of starchy types of food, and when she goes to the grocery store she is going to buy "Little Debbie" cakes - says they are for the children. She’s lost 40lb; but, gained most of it back now. Up and down i her weight and that can't be good for her. She got a new job and her mother bought her a wardrobe that she could mix-and-match. While she won’t admit it … I have not seen her in anything her mother bought her. DOS said the last time she went to the ‘diet doctor’ it would be the last that he paid for. I agree about bullying, it all balances out. They pick on the next youngest down, because they think they can get away with it. DOS just gets tired of being DYS’s ‘brother’. DOS is quiet and reserved; but, push him … he is gonna push back. DYS has never had any trouble; he walks with a confident swagger and I was happy to see ‘it’ return when he found his “#10”. She is exactly what he needs in a wife.

When DYS was in HS; he'd walk right down the middle of the hall, with that confident swagger and nobody would challenge him, they just went around him. He played catcher from the time he was in Little League. The catcher had been hit with a fast ball and did not want to go back in. The coach asked if anybody else wanted to be the catcher or they'd have to forfeit the game. Little 8 year old boys were looking at one another and he raised his hand and said, 'I'll do it'. Squatting down in that position really means he has a lot off muscle in his legs. He's got 'huge' hands - like his Dad's. Trey's are long and slender like mine. Our DYS and DOS are about the same size; but, DYS works out while doing his job. DOS goes home and sits down after spending all day up on his feet, up and down ladders. They're both barrel-chested.

Being the 3rd girl in my family, the bullying is about equal amongst girls as with boys. We still have moments when one of us feels left out or the ‘odd man out’; be it politics or religion or raising children. But, had a neighbor, only child, who would try to pick on me until I cried; oldest sister let her know that I was ‘not HER punching bag’ … ‘if’ she wanted to make me cry she could go home. She had also called our maid a bad word; that was definitely a ‘no, no’.

Lenora
  • loseweightbb
    loseweightbb Posts: 36 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Kelly: So sorry for your loss. Try to think of happier times & fond memories of your sister as much as possible during this difficult time.

Did well with my eating today & logging it. Lost about 1/2 lb since yesterday, so finally broke the 4 day standstill. I'm happy with 1/2 lbs for one day - want to try to lose about 2-3 lbs per wk. on average.

Worked a little bit late today (about an hr late), but as soon as I got home, I changed my clothes & headed straight for the treadmill. Did 60 min. & started reading another new ebook about simplifying life - actually has more about self-reflection, etc. It's pretty interesting - good tips. Will share the title tomorrow (can't remember & don't want to look it up now). Brought home quizzes & homework to grade, but getting late & tired, so gonna just head to bed & deal with it tomorrow. Hopefully the exercise earlier will help me get a decent night's sleep - ongoing difficulty with that most nights. Supposed to be freezing rain tomorrow a.m. (on top of the tons of snow we already have - ugh). I'm a bit jealous of all the posts about flowers starting to grow. I love gardening, but earliest we ever have anything growing is usually April- in a good yr. The past couple of yrs, we've been lucky to have the snow melt by end of March. Most yrs in the past, I spend part of April vacation shoveling it off my perennial flower beds so they have any chance of growing before June. Definitely never plant any annuals to at least mid June. I'd love to live where the growing season is longer. Someday maybe.

Best wishes to everyone.

-- Becky (upstate NY)
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Kelly - so sorry for the loss of your sister. Sending hugs and prayers

Starr - hello from northern Manitoba
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    Wow, I think when I first started on this thread 4 years ago we averaged about 40-50 posts per day and now there are about 100. How great that there are that many more wise women participating and contributing. We had rain last night and woke to snow this morning. It has continued to snow during the day. DD did not go into work because of slippery roads. We have watched cars slip-sliding around the curve near our driveway. I missed my water exercise class due to the roads too. We had no power this morning for about 3 hours but it has remained on so far the rest of this day.

Pip - you rock riding in this stuff. Be careful out there.

Karen in VA - chia gel is made with 1 Tbs chia seed and 2 Tbs fruit juice of your choice and then refrigerated. I most often use pomegranate juice. This is one serving.

Mia - Good luck on job #3.

Katla - Hope the weather holds for you.

KJ - Sorry to hear of your loss. Glad you were able to see her one more time.

Re - I worked in pools for over 40 years and never saw anyone swim and read. Must have been a very talented lady. I used to work in a pool that had underwater speakers and loved swimming to the music though.

Rori - Sending healing angels.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    So looking forward to spring. It's cold and windy here again today. I giggle when I read about you girls with the flowers blooming already and leaves appearing on the trees - it will be another 3 months before I can plant my tulips or this darn snow if gone.

Hugs to all
    Paula Y
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day w/more explanation -

bike ride hm 2 gym- 20.34min, 8.5amph, 139mhr, 2.9mi, snow!= 177c
    apple watch- 123c
    SPIN CLASS- 35MIN, 76ar, 100aw, 125ahr, 135mhr, 10-15g, 13.2mi = 290c
    apple watch- 264
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 10.37min, 124mhr, 8.3amph, 1.4mi, snowing! = 96c
    apple watch- 60
    walk station 2 wk- 9.57min, 3.0ap, 122mhr, 138ahr .4mi snow! = 72c
    apple watch- 50
    walk wk 2 sta- 10.04min, 2.9ap, 91mhr, .4mi = 36c
    apple watch- 45c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 23.33min.6.6amph, 148mhr, 2.5mi = 214c
    apple watch- 146c

TOTAL CAL. 980

ar - average revolutions per minute, how fast i'm pedaling
    aw = average watts -how much power i'm putting out per minute
    amph = average miles per hour
    mhr = maximum heart rate
    ahr = average heart rate
    mi = miles
    g - gear (1-24 on spin bike)
  • sherryminchagain
    sherryminchagain Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey now.....

Jeez, woke up this morning to blue sky, took my break and it was snowing, took a walk in ice pellets a lil while later, then it's back to blue skies!! Wish it would make up it's mind what it's gonna do! Glad to see the sun, just wish it would stick around all day. Am I being selfish?

Here's some memes to cheer everybody up....

gr2m8lddaql9.jpg
    3chp263q72ri.jpg
    nufbuxlgizfx.jpg

And for your DHs.....

m7tok3vycx3g.jpg

And since I've been spending some time on FB.......

1kgal2s39rja.jpg

Hope everybody gets a giggle out of at least one of these. Sent off all the paperwork to the new lawyer today. Gotta call Oregon Health Authority tomorrow and wait an hour on hold just to talk to someone with a pulse just to be told "I don't know.". I'm really looking forward to that! I have to find out if I can see a doc in this town and have it covered by OHP. Lawyer wants me to get back in to see a doc as quickly as possible.

Well, gotta run and make me something appropriate for dinner. Love you all! Peace!

Sherry in "Columbia River Gorge"

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kelly: I am so sorry about the loss of your sister. :heart:

DH has his appointment for eye surgery early Wednesday morning. At this moment, the weather looks positive. It was postponed due to weather a month ago and it is something he really needs so he can get on with life. Positive thoughts &/or prayers will be welcome and appreciated. Surgery is scheduled first thing in the morning Wednesday. We'll be spending the night in a nearby hotel so we don't have to worry about the long drive. This will be the first eye and another surgery is needed for the second eye next month.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Heartfelt sympathy for your loss Kelly

68b8vdad6p75.jpg
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    SSC1958 wrote: »

Marni: Congrats on the football pool win!

Carey - Northern Alberta

thanks Carey :-) .. by the end of it all I'd won $750 (I think I did a happy dance!) .. that'll pay for our condo and car rental for our upcoming trip to FL