WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Nighty night. Pooped out from 18 holes of golf and walking to get my 10,000 steps in.

Lillian temporarily hanging out on the Colorado River
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Ginger ... your mom looks great!

Beth
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Mia, love your Meep story. I have a Tortie and she definetely has her own unique tortie talk. She talks mainly to my husband. Whenever we come in from anywhere she is desperate for him to sit down so she can be next to him. But she doesn't want to sit down next to him. She wants to sit in his seat before he gets there so they can do their routine of him sitting and not sitting on her. But if I am home by myself with her and he drives in the driveway, she runs to get under my bed like she is afraid of him. But not long later she comes out and wants her man. I really feel she knows he needs her. He is the one that rubs her belly and just sits thereby his side with his hand on her. But several times a day she gives this meow to me and I know she wants me to put everything down and make room on my lap for her. She doesn't stay for long, I guess she just wants to know she still has that control over me. I love a rescue cat. There are so many people that want full blooded animals and will pay the prices to get them. We were those people one time and Buddy will always be a wonderful memory for all of us. But rescues are so important to give some love to whether they are in their golden ages or a tiny baby. My daughter is the same way. Rescue all the way.

Working on doing taxes while watching Tiny House big living. Some very innovative homes.

Joyce, Indiana
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    19,000 steps
    195 minutes walking Sasha and Bess
    35 minutes riding the exercise bike
    10 minutes doing physical therapy exercises including 60 squats
    taught two hour line dance class

• pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Lenora - So sorry to hear you were physically assaulted. My heart goes out to you - not something I would ever want to experience. I grew up in a family where we knew we were loved, but hugs were
    not something that we got a lot of. When I had my kids, I started hugging them as babies and it's just something we do now, often.

I'm pages behind but will try to catch up tomorrow. Have our youngest grandson spending the night with us tonight. He's watching hockey with papa but I want to get some snuggles in before he goes to bed.

Hugs to all. Have a great day.

Paula Y
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

I woke up yesterday with my left cheekbone killing me. It is either sinus or a tooth problem. I have had the same problem several times over the last couple of years. Each time I went to the dentist and each time it was sinus. This time I am going to treat first for sinus. Watch it be a tooth! In the meantime, trying to figure out how to log my herbal sinus blaster. It tastes so vile that it cannot possibly have any sugar in it!

Karen: Sorry to hear tht Olivia is struggling, but am glad that you and your partner will be able to go and meet her and give support to her Mom.

Carol11158: I worry mainly about calories, but try to stay within the MFP goals for all the nutrients. If I go a little over or under on the carbs, I don't worry about it.

Michele: I think husbands were invented to give us practice with patience! For sure their brains do not work in the same way as ours, but you gotta love them! Thanks for the lamination idea. The French are currently in the process of switching their licences to a hard, plastic version, which will solve the problem.

Becca: Your chicken dish sounds better than pizza!

Ginger: Your mother is really beautiful; I love the way her smile lights up her eyes!
  • tammyclf
    tammyclf Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ginger - your mom is adorable and very inspiring! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Thanks for the encouragement of the Biggest Loser Challenge. I'm excited to get started!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Carey N Alberta: I love your poem, " Some days are better, some days are worse.
    Look for the blessing instead of the curse.
    Be positive, stay strong, and get enough rest.
    You can’t do it all, but you can do your best.” ~ Author Unknown

tammycif: Some restaurants are posting menu's online with calorie information. Olive Garden is one of them. When we go there, I've already chosen my meal before we even leave home and it is always something that I'll enjoy that fits my food preferences and calorie needs. Maybe the place you're going shares that kind of information. :flowerforyou:

Karen in VA: Have a good trip. I'm sure that your support will be appreciated when your partner's daughter realizes you are not going to add to her worries. This is a tough situation and I wish all of you well. Prayers for Olivia. :heart:

eileenbednarz: Welcome to a great group. Post often to give and get support. :smiley:

carol11158: I count calories, not carbs. I tend to eat more protein and fat and fewer carbs that the MFP program seems to favor. I feel better this way. I hope you will find what works best for you. :flowerforyou:

Yinka: I've tried yoga from You Tube, DVD's and also from apps. I really prefer going to a class for the social aspects as well as for the ability to have a teacher that I can ask questions and get answers. The presence of other students is also a big plus for me. I'm retired, so I have the time available to go to a scheduled class. Everyone is different. Some prefer the privacy of home, or have a work schedule that makes attending a class inconvenient. My gym has both morning and evening classes available so people who work during the day can attend evening classes. In the mornings when I'm there the majority of people in the athletic club are past 40. The majority of the morning yoga students are also past forty and many are past 60. :star:

Becca: Love the film clip from Road to Morocco. "Der Bingle" and Bob Hope were a great team. (My German grandma always called Bing Crosby "Der Bingle".) :bigsmile:

Margaret: Congratulations on 5 days ice cream free. I'm not able to make that claim. :embarassed:

I was able to go to yoga today and loved it. Tomorrow I have a riding lesson so I'm getting treats two days in a row. :bigsmile: The biggest news is how well DH is doing. He can see again!!!! He's talking about going fishing with a buddy and also talking about using the sailboat. :heart: I hope that the motion sickness that kept him from enjoying being on the water will turn out to be a thing of the past. :heart: :heart: :heart: (If not we may be selling boats.)

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)
  • sherryminchagain
    sherryminchagain Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    “Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip toe if you must, but take the step” —Author Unknown
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    well all was well until last night..Tom and I had a screaming match.. all I get from him is snarky remarks .. no normal conversations..
    I said so what has the last couple of weeks done for us? he said nothing.. I am not going to change ,your not going to change and either you can live like this or not...
    you know I dont ask for much but for love and respect and I get neither.. soooo we shall see how this weekend progresses