WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Paula rushes and tackles ya with a hug!! (heehee)

Lenora You knooow, I can be in the deep end of a pool and float upright, (my feet just dangling horizontal and still). Some people would look underneath me (which is a bit invasive when you are at a nudist resort) and ask me if I was floating on a noodle. I would say, "Noodle Shmoodle...I have my own floaties", and then cup my boobies, going underwater a bit.... HAHAHAHA!! hmmm maybe tmi, ah well, you know I am somewhat shy......

Katla I am so glad your husbands eye surgery went well. Men are so talented when it comes to being grumpy about anything medicine related. ((((((hugs to you neighbor)))) PS. You are such a yoga momma!

Well today husband tried to get me to join in the fun of going to the neighborhood pizza place for their lunchtime buffet! I told him that I had planned all my meals for the day and pizza was not on my list. I told him he could go no worries. He said with a pout, its no fun without you there. Awe, killing me with kindness, I see thru you, you dear sweet man......

I had my same lunch as yesterday. Love the taste of the bit of mayo and relish with the whole wheat penne pasta, and the saute'ed chicken. I sprinkle the chicken bits with tumeric, cayenne pepper, reg course pepper and a wee bit of salt. I use a tsp of olive oil and its just enough to keep the chicken from being too dry. I also put some of the relish ( I put in 1 T. ) in the pan and deglaze it. With 5 halves of walnuts, (yep I count each blasted one) all roughly chopped its heaven!
    Becca
    with a happy belly in
    Oregon
  • tammyclf
    tammyclf Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Michele in NC - yep - popsugar workouts on youtube are free! check them out!

NYKaren - wow how fun to get to go to Morocco! Have a blast!
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Katla, is your DD applying for a government job? I’ve never heard of needing a birth certificate for a job application. (later) so glad your DH is doing well after his surgery!!!

Leigh, thanks for the spice info. And you too, Sarah.

KarenNY, sending a hug for what you are going through with your DD. *Been there, done that* and it’s no fun.

Yinx, I think that sounds like a great reward for yourself. My suggestion is to save them up until a certain amount of weight or they will get too big for you. That way you can also get an outfit or two when you do the shopping. I actually waited until I had lost about 45 pounds before I got new clothes. Until then I just wore baggy stuff, but then I wasn’t working so my appearance was probably more important to me than anyone else.

Heather, good for you to get your insurance forms done. Things like that are such a pain in the patooti that I think we all try to put them off. (I have no idea how to spell that? Guess I should have just used “assphalt”. Lol (Later) Glad you are going to get to go visit the grands. I’m about due a “Bea fix”.

Lisa, I’m the same way with friends on here. I have some but very rarely even look at my home page to see what is going on. Most of my friends are here with one exception and she used to be. With friends like us, I mean, who needs more??? cheesy-grin-smiley-emoticon.gif

KarenVA, so sorry Olivia is having such a rough time. Prayers coming her way. (Later) She is so pretty. It’s sad to see the little ones suffer. That was a great way to share her picture.

Rita, you’ve been a busy bee. How long had you had your house on the market? I’m glad you have some time to get ready for the move. I always work better with a time limit.

Whispers, it’s never too late. Welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Please tell us about yourself to help us get to know you. We also appreciate it if you sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific.

Margaret, I’ll send you sunshine every day, my friend. waving-good-afternoon-sun-smiley-emoticon.gif

MicheleNC, I used to shop at Aldi in Charlotte before we moved here. Love the pelicans.

Tammy, good luck with your challenge. You can do this.

Toni, ya know they make Depends for those problems. Don’t ya just love to laugh that hard? I do.

Kelly, I seem to be thinking about food a lot lately, too. I feel like I could just eat all day long. I just like food and have never had to be hungry to eat which is not a good thing. My thoughts are with you at this time. Hang in there.

Joyce, I just got my renewal notice about my driver’s license and have the choice to mail it it. I’m the same way as I want a new picture and a new, lower weight. It is nice that they give you a 30 day warning. I’ll want it before my cruise or I’d be driving home on an expired license.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

DH has been having problems with the toilet in his bathroom so I just finished replacing the “innerds”. I’m the handyman around our house and he is just there to do heavy lifting and ask questions. Looks like I’m not going to catch up today so will post this now and hope to read more later.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.
    I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    grogers511 wrote: »
    Toni - I want to do a water aerobics class. DH discourages me. He thinks I'll start and drop it - since I'm not much of a morning person. I think I'll have it to look forward to and will find renewed energy from it. I'm having trouble with arthritic knees and think it would be good for me. And.. if I start and drop it... who cares. At least then I'll know whether it's for me or if I need a different class. How sad is it - I've driven to the YMCA -3 times but never went inside? ;-)

I love my aquafit class. I finally have my husband going with me. We go 3 times a week (2 week nights and Sat morn). I have never had a serious injury until the summer before last when I threw out my knee showing my daughter zumba moves from my aquafit class. It turned out it was arthritis and most of the meniscus was gone in one place in my knee. Last summer I broke my leg on stairs at work. The great thing about Aquafit is it is the best for healing and getting back to exercising after an injury. It is great for core conditioning. It is the base on which I put all other exercise. When I was running I needed my aquafit class for stretching. There is no better place to stretch. So I highly recommend it. It is fun!
  • Annr
    Options
    Pitegny (pit) I let him snack because really it delights me to have him have an appetite. I can still remember when back in 2013 to 2014 when he didn't have an appetite, and awaiting a new liver. He gives me a hard time about eating healthy and I give him a hard time about his snacking. We are the couple that nags at each other and society says, "Awe, aren't they the cutest couple". Its hilarious. When did nagged at your mate in public become cute? Oh when we got old.....hahaha!

Sarah In Ontario Mentally sending you a huge mason jar of homemade chicken soup!! It's crazy to think that hospitals are the last place a patient re-cooperating should be, but its true. Once you get a surgery its a mad dash to get the patient out and at home. After my husbands liver transplant, it was 7 days and he was sent home. Yep we had him wear his mask anytime we went out. People would give us looks but I almost said to them, "Don't freak, he is not sick, he is just wearing a mask so as to not catch anything from YOU all". The medical community is a strange dance where SO many cooks are in the kitchen. Magically you do manage to create some amazing things, and my hat is off to you! So many people all part of getting people well and on their way. He rec'd his new liver at Oregon Health & Sciences University (OHSU) and presently he only has to go to monthly bloodwork here on the coast and once a year visits to the Transplantation people at OHSU. It's a matter of keeping his dosage of Tac (anti rejection meds) low enough to keep his liver accepting, but not high enough to hurt his kidneys.
  • Annr
    Options
    NYKAREN Wholly Cannoli! I am excited FOR you going to Morocco!
    https://youtu.be/jIjvsU6OPVg
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    JanetR - thank you.
  • sherryminchagain
    sherryminchagain Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey now....

KarenVA - I echo what some others have said...I'm glad you and your partner are going to see Olivia, and Katie as well. Don't take Katie's comments about hotel and travel issues personally. I'm sure she is exhausted and worried, as well as in the throws of hormonal changes so I can imagine she is just a mess. Just be there for both of them and help where you can, it's the best you can do. She will remember you being there and the love you gave. I will light a candle and say prayers for all of you.

Sherry in "sunshiny Columbia River Gorge"
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    My only goal so far is to enter what I eat in the food diary and drinking 8 cups of water a day.
    So far I have been keeping up with it.

Peggy from warm/cold Southeastern Virginia

that's a great way to get started, Peggy.

Once you get into the habit of logging and such, then you can think about adding some other goal...

Welcome, and good luck!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    (((Karen)))

5 days ice cream free.
  • IremiaRe
    edited February 2017
    Options
    carol11158 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm just coming off of a ketogenic diet (LCHF less than 20 g of carbs a day) i was on for 3 years without much success. Although I am limiting my carbs to 50 rather than 20, which is much less limiting for me, I'm pretty much making sure I don't go over my calories too. How many of you pay attention to carbs? What's better - to watch the carbs or just eat in moderation (eating good foods) until you've used up your calories for the day?

I can't say what is better - but, I always pay attention to calories, and only sporadically pay attention to carbs. I had my best success with weightloss doing low-carb - but, I don't have the luxury of doing that now - so I just try to limit them, and stay under CICO.

I do avoid processed carbs - sugar, bread, that sort of thing - but, I don't worry too much about plant-based carbs like Lentils or Beans.

Welcome! and good luck.
  • IremiaRe
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Re in TX, You girl have a lot on your plate! Its hard to wear all the hats, but we do the best we can. Remember when you have your caregiver hat, then you balance the gym girl hat, and THEN the chef's hat? Well, I will be the first to admit that I have taken my caregivers hat and swatted my husband with it! Every so often take them all off, and be mental hat naked! Maybe if you hat a "real hat" and when you put that on its a signal for husband to choose his words carefully, and give you space. That is really the only way to stay clear-headed these days.
    OK, this compound thing could work! Lets just buy an island k? The only men allowed would be the French cuisine chef, the masseuse' guy named Swen, and the pool guy that brings us drinks with either drunken veggies, or fruity drinks with umbrellas. Oh wait and the guy that spiffy's up the bungalow and makes swans from the clean towels!

I am so there... as long as all the guys are properly decorative. No sense in not beautifying the place, right?
  • IremiaRe
    Options
    gotu52 wrote: »
    Re I love you, you are too funny! Thanks for the kick in the butt, I needed that. Please take care of you in all this caring for your hubby. And now you have a license to swear, it shows you are honest!! And men really???

Have a great day! <3 Sarah, Ontario, Canada

Love you back!

If you say "I need someone to tell me to smarten up" on this thread... you are going to get that... LOL.

Hope you feel lots better, soon!

Re in TX

• IremiaRe
    Options
    Joyce I enjoy Project Runway too. Love watching the creative process under pressure. Great life lessons for those lucky designers.

:heart: Margaret

I LOVE Project Runway - in all it's incarnations... This batch of Juniors is amazing... some of them are better than some of the adult designers I have seen on the show. You almost forget they are just young'uns!

Re in TX
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    I <3 Project Runway! Love watching the young kids and they are so talented!
  • IremiaRe
    Options
    I cannot wait until it is warm enough to open up the pool; I can stay in it for hours; to the point my skin is wrinkled. Put on a big brimmed hat and walk; sometimes just laying on my back floating.

Lenora

I am so with you on that... I love, love, love the pool... going tomorrow to swim laps...
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)<3 Friday is my busy and exhausting day. I know it's my fault that the dogs expect to walk for close to two hours every morning even when I have a two hour line dance class right afterward and they expect an hour walk in the afternoon even if Jake walks them first. It guarantees me a lot of active time and time in nature. Today we watched TV after lunch and I rode the exercise bike until Jake noticed that I was dozing and insisted that I take a nap. All five of us piled into the bed and slept for almost two hours.

:) I am doing my own variation of Rita's squat challenge. Also, I tried doing some pushups with my hands on the counter and my back is finally healed enough for that. My physical therapy exercises and time have accomplished a miracle. Next week I'll try a plank again.

:) We have to go to an morning meeting two hours from here so I'll be in bed early and up early to walk the dogs and still be ready to leave the house at 6:30 AM.

sleeping-beauty-smiley-emoticon.gif Barbie from beautiful wet NW Washington
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    stats for the day;

bike ride hm 2 gym- 13.22min, 13.1Amph, 133mhr, 2.9mi = 120c
    apple watch- 103c
    JOG- 19.45mn, 6.0-7.4speed, 9.53ap, 133ahr, 145mhr, 2mi = 192c
    apple watch- 212c
    ROWING MACHINE- 10min, 60aw, 103ahr, 124mhr, 1687meters = 81c
    bike ride gym 2 dome train station- 7.26min, 144mhr, 11.4amph, 1.4mi = 80c
    apple watch- 50c
    jog station 2 wk- 4.47min, 9.33min mi, 148mhr, .5mi = 51c
    apple watch- 49c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4:37min, 10.01min mi., 146mhr, .5mi = 68c
    apple watch- 53c
    bike ride dome 2 hm up Mst- 20.01min, 7.4amph, 154mhr, 2.4mi, windy and rainy! = 213c
    apple watch- 153c

total cal 805