WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies <3

Lenora thanks so much for the morning chuckle. The most comprehensive analysis of the chicken/road dilemma I have ever heard.
    Lisa wow, so sorry to hear about your husband and the difficult ensuing situation
    Re I love you, you are too funny! Thanks for the kick in the butt, I needed that. Please take care of you in all this caring for your hubby. And now you have a license to swear, it shows you are honest!! And men really???
    Karen good news about Olivia
    Sharon must have been hard having that call. You did good being the better person. My hubby was on dialysis until he got his transplant.

I am not feeling so good this morning. I am dizzy and a little congested. I work at a hospital so there is always something going around but because I work there my immunity is pretty good and I am rarely sick. If I wasn't 55, I would say I was pregnant, that's what this reminds me of. It is probably a strain of the flu even though I get the shot, sometimes I will have a day or so of very mild flu like symptoms. So no nookie for hubby because he is immuno-compromised with a transplant, if anyone is sick they need to stay away from him.

Luckily today is not an exercise day although I am fearful of how I will do my 3 hours tomorrow :o I have meetings all day so that will keep my mind off myself and hopefully I am back here reading all your inspiring words before I know it :)

Have a great day! <3 Sarah, Ontario, Canada

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Really enjoyed the chicken jokes! :D

Thinking of all of you with medical problems and those who have loved ones with problems. Sometimes it seems as if life is one long visit to the doctor. Can be so overwhelming and somehow seems worse when it is loved ones who are suffering. <3 Easier to cope with our own pain.

Did a much better workout this morning and wore my heart rate monitor. My heart rate was steady and went quite high on the elliptical. That's because you are using your arms - a sure way to raise your heart rate. If you are just walking or walking on the spot it can be good to do something with your arms and it's why Nordic Walking (with poles)is so good for you.
    I am beginning to feel something like normal, though I still get wind and a bit of bloating. Not back on the chilli sauce yet!

Kate UK - I rarely wear dresses, or even skirts, mainly because I can't stand wearing tights (panty hose). I now occasionally wear silky, black leggings with ankle boots, which is much more comfortable, or holdup stockings for posh occasions. I rarely get my legs out in the summer and when I do I have to temporarily dye them as they never see the sun. :laugh: My knees are an awful sight, especially the dodgy one. Strange shape. :#;)
    I am fully prepared to send the dress straight back. :| I do like red though and it suits me.

I am thinking about Monday when I am going up to London to sit with my friend during chemo. She is beginning to feel the strain of weekly chemo and hates having put on weight with the steroids. It will be good to see her. She recently had her Gambia trip cancelled by the government, because of the election problems over there, so she has rebooked for Agadir in Morocco on the 22nd of this month. A friend is going with her. I don't know if she is brave or foolish, but when you know you haven't got long to live I guess you don't care. She can't get any insurance for cancer related problems. :*:*;)

I'm going to ask my son (who does all the cooking ) if he wants me to bring a dish over to his house when we visit. In the freezer I still have the INCREDIBLE Iranian walnut sauce I made before Christmas and some organic boneless chicken thighs to put in it. Obviously it's not for the kids. :laugh: But we usually have an evening meal when they are in bed. Mostly I pop out and get fish and chips from the best shop in the country just nearby and we have it with something bubbly, but my walnut sauce might be a change. It has pomegranate syrup in it. I am not even going to think about the calories. :noway:

Lots of love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • starr68
    starr68 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
    I signed up for the Biggest Loser challenge!!! My elliptical should be in on Monday which is the challenge start date woohoo!

I hope all that aren't feeling well have the best possible day today!!!

Happy Friday!!!
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    KJ so apropos lol!!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Joyce I enjoy Project Runway too. Love watching the creative process under pressure. Great life lessons for those lucky designers.

Kelly LOL

I know my knee issue is nerves because it hurts the most when I am at rest. Right before it started hurting I had gone through some over the top stress. I remember thinking when I had my mini melt down because of it I was going to get sick. I did. iI was my knee. It does not surprise me it is taking a long time to heal. At least now I know exercise is not going to hurt it. I need more exercise because of the natural pain relief you get from it.

:heart: Margaret
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    beth I know how hard that driving conversation is! Sounds like your dad listened to you. Do you have siblings that live closer? We were lucky that one sister lived 10 minutes from mom but that still created agitate cause she had the biggest work load and always reminded us!

Lenora I think you hit the nail on the head about my freshman.. we are at a crossroads and that's just the way it is till she gets a little more grown!

Having a delayed start to the day so I am reading all of your wonderful posts while I drink my 3rd cup of coffee in my bathrobe which feels really decadent and lazy and I <3 it. But I must set up the rest of the day for success--pack gym bag, pack lunch, prep a good dinner so we don't get takeout-the usual strategies to help me stay on track.

Cheers to everyone plugging away despite all the serious to annoying challenges in our day to day world

NYKAREN
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squat -1X5X 55/65/75, 5X5X 85
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50, 5X5X 55
    DL - 1 X5X 95/105

Keto 3 Week Challenge February 5th-25th
    Day 6- Focus is on getting high fat foods in during the day. Fantastic recipes!

We will be entertaining my son and daughter in law for a couple of days so I will be MIA! Have a great weekend everyone!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Shoveled deck and stairs twice yesterday for dogs. Other than that, vegetated and was on laptop most of the day just absorbing what is to come.

Now have to complete snow removal in prep for the next snow dump.

More later.

Rita in freezing CT
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Sister passed away this morning. That's all I've got. Feeling low.

(((Hugs))) so sorry for your loss

Lillian
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    pcfrend wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I have been sliding so fast this month! It's February and it's cold here in central Ontario! I hate this month and had wanted very much to just sail through but it doesn't seem to be happening. I've lost 38lbs year over year and 9 since Jan 1/17. I can feel the weight just creeping back on!
    I'm getting my house ready for sale so I'm busy getting this old place a make over. It helps to be busy but during the down time I'm ready for a snack. I need to eat low carb and fat free for gallbladder reasons and weight loss. It's a tough one.
    In 22 days we'll be in March and the winter depression will be on its last legs!! can't wait

I have an apple with a tablespoon of almond butter for my afternoon, pick me up snack. I hope we make it to March, adjusting to retirement and first winter at home is hard enough for Me!

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan......but temporarily on vacation in sunny southern Nevada.....and homesick for my black Lab!
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    sherryminchagain love your minions and other cartoons. Giggles are good for the soul.

Lillian ...... temporarily on the Colorado River
    And starting to get homesick
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    gotu52 wrote: »
    Good afternoon, it is so true that if you want to keep up you need to check a couple of times each day if you can. I really like the analogy of a pub. That is what this feels like. A comfortable, familiar place where you can chat about anything.

Yinka beautiful cufflinks
    Carol just said a prayer for you <3

Had some stress at work today. I manage a department in a hospital as well as work on special projects as assigned. So I am currently managing my department and working on a project and being pulled on another project. They expect so much from us and healthcare workers are burning out from the decrease in resources. They keep getting rid of people and piling more on us. I can only do so much. Now at 55, I have no issue setting my limits even if it means losing my job. I am a tough old bird now. But of course because of this, I want to eat everything. I haven't and I am not going to but ugh!! I love what I do and it is a compliment that I am in demand but I don't like being pulled all over and then the quality of my work suffers.

So enough whining and thanks for listening. Going to eat only what I have planned and will watch the big storm as it unfolds out my window. Freezing rain is on the way, right now there is just heavy wind and that ominous sound.

So long gals!

<3 Sarah, in stormy Ontario, Canada

Oh Sarah, take care of yourself. I hung onto a stressful job for too many years, finally at 57 retired because if I didn't somebody would be going out in a body bag and it wouldn't be Me!

Lillian temporarily on the Colorado River
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hi folks! New to the group. Became eligible for my AARP card last summer. :) Is there anything I should do on a regular basis with this group? Weekly weigh ins? Goal setting? Or is it mostly motivation and support? I like the way you've all gotten to know each other on a more personal basis and lend support to life issues as well as food issues.
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    pyanko7 wrote: »
    Tammy in Montana - I live in Thompson, Manitoba. It's an 8 hour drive north of Winnipeg. I bought a big box (100 bulbs) of tulips last fall anticipating that I would get them planted but we got a big dump of snow, so they are now sitting in my fridge waiting for spring.

Your could Google how to force them to bloom and have a dish of blooming tulips on your table well before the snow is gone.

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
    Temporarily on the Colorado River.......where nothing is blooming :(
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    Options
    Is this the post for stronglifts for women 50+ or am I at the wrong board? I'd l like to join it but it seems to be about personal matters. Please direct me. Thanks
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone -

Lisa - so sorry to hear about your hubby's injury. Sounds like quite a challenge is ahead for you two.

Ginger - be careful - you might become addicted to the water! I have done water aerobics off and on for 20 years. When I had my first knee scope I hobbled to the pool on crutches as soon as the surgeon said I could. When I had a replacement I had to wait 6 weeks. It nearly killed me.

Beth - thinking of you and your mom tonight.

Barbie - love the doggie coats!

Pip - your Floyd looks so sexy!

I have been forgetting to post my BP and BS. I have missed a couple of days. Tonight BS was 130 two hours after dinner. My BP was up 153/79. The only thing I did differently was exercise - go figure. Thanks for keeping me accountable!

TNToni

Floyd is the chick magnet
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    2701679noneqbmtdu.gif