WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• honeybunny406
    honeybunny406 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Are there rules to this feed? I would like to join.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,941 Member
    Options
    tammyclf wrote: »
    Has anyone on here participated in any of the MFP challenges? I just signed up for the Biggest Loser Challenge that begins on Monday. Very curious how it will go, and what I'm in for! ha! thought maybe it would add some accountability to my life now that I'm re-committing!

Tammy in Montana

I have participated in several challenges and each was only as good as the people who participated. I was successful but in all cases, the number who finished the challenge was significantly lower than the number that started.
  • tammyclf
    tammyclf Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Starr68 - wow glad you're feeling so great with it! I have friends who do Isagenics and I've heard of some others, but not that one! yah! Congrats and keep it up! oh and I vent to my husband every night! lol
    grandmallie bahahaha " stick a fork in me ..." I'm loving all these sayings I haven't heard. You're clever!
    becca - cute guy - he looks sweet! love the hat!
    barbie - thank you - makes sense. I see on this challenge they stress - in bold - and multiple times to please not sign up unless you can commit to seeing it through. I plan to finish!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Marni: We have friends who decided to move to Montana from Oregon two or three years ago and they love it. :flowerforyou:

Sharon in Lethbridge: I'm not very likely to hug strangers, either. :noway:

Ravi: Befriending people is a little different than joining this group, which is also a group of friends. Some of us are members here and also individual friends who see each other's posts on the MFP home page. You join this group simply by posting. I hope you'll bookmark us so that you can easily find us whenever you need encouragement. :star:

Allison: Stay safe in the snowstorm. If you have blizzard conditions stay inside your house. (((HUGS)))

Heather: CONGRATULATIONS on getting your insurance forms dealt with! I am so inclined to procrastinate over things like that. You are excellent at taking care of things and a wonderful role model. :wink:

Lanette: Jesus is easy to love. His people aren't always easy to love--and that includes me. :ohwell: We drove into Portland for a follow up appointment with the eye doctor. The roads were all pretty good, but we stayed out of lanes closest to hillsides just incase of landslides. :smiley:

pitegny: Thanks for the quinoa suggestions. :star:

Lisa: I can definitely see you as Tigger. :bigsmile:

Karen in VA: I'm sending prayers for Olivia and the whole family. :heart:

Carol in GA: I'm an apple user and Safari is my browser. Under "advanced" I have options to increase the page size. I was able to increase the MFP site to 200% and it made all the words big and bold. See whether your browser will let you increase page sizes. It might be worth a try. (((hugs)))

Rita: Holey Moley! You are getting ready for an adventure. WTG!!! :bigsmile:

Whispers: Welcome to a great group! Begin where you are and go forward. We're very chatty and you might feel like you've been assigned a massive novel if you were to go back to the beginning. Just my 2 cents worth. :flowerforyou:

Yvonne in TX: "The people falling on ice video was hilarious! It wouldn't have been nearly so much fun without all the laughter in the background. Nothing like a good pratfall! It's not so funny when you're the one doing the falling, though." Amen! I have done the falling and ended up with one broken wrist from one black ice caused accident, and the other wrist from the same kind of fall a few years later. Neither incident was funny at all from my point of view. :grumble:

Heather: Hooray for an invitation to visit the Grandchildren. YAY!!! :bigsmile:

Charleen in CO: Congratulations on a true to you slimmer driver's license! Talk about fabulous proof of success. What a victory!!!! Time to celebrate. Do you choose flowers or clothes? :wink:

honeybunny: There are two unwritten rules for this group that can be summed up with two words, kindness and courtesy. Welcome to a great group!

DD needed a copy of her birth certificate for a job application. It is in the mail and should be there in a few days. Yay! We had an adventure going to the records office and getting the birth certificate. The process was easy, once we found the place and the people were very nice.

DH is doing so well after his surgery and we now have the next one on the schedule. YAY! It has already been a miraculous change for him. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Heather posted a quote similar to this that I wanted to use, but I couldn't recall it quite right. I went online and found this one.

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

• grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Accountability Post Progress update of my Feb goals.

✔1. Log and COMPLETE the entry daily.
    ✔2. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔3. Fiber 30g daily
    ✔4. Walk 30 active Fitbit minutes daily.
    5. Declutter clothes, books, office supplies.
    ✔6. In bed by midnight.

Walk I managed to get 38 active minutes though I didn't do any intentional walking as planned. I'll aim for 30 minutes again today With Leslie Sansone for at least one session.

Declutter I didn't do my clothes yesterday as planned. Overbooked my day with other tasks.

I'm happy to be getting my fiber, completing my food tracking daily and getting to bed by midnight.

Annual Health Goals
    1. Get physical and recommended exams:
    ✔Annual Physical - 2/9
    ✔Blood Labs - 2/9
    ✔Colononscopy - 1/13
    ✔Mammogram - sched 2/16
    ✔Gyne - due 2018
    ✔Rectal - 1/13
    ✔Eye Exam - ached 2/23
    ✔Dental Exam - sched 2/16
    ✔Hearing - Starkey online 1/5
    ✔Bone Density - 2014 osteopenia- need to ask about this.

✔2. Sleep with CPAP nightly.
    ✔3. Know my numbers
    ✔4. Drink my water
    ✔5. Update Medical History 2/9/17
    ✔6. Monthly breast self-exams
    ✔7. Wear sunscreen daily SPF15
    8. Daily Exercise - working on it
    9. Healthy Diet - working on it

Current Weight: 291
    --Ginger in Texas
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    vxixt5ll8y4b.jpg
    Lunch today! It was so yummy! Look at my food diary for specifics.
    Becca
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Charleen, I remember that time when I had to renew my licence. I could have done it online and they would have jsut used a copy of my old picture. But oh no, not that time. It was wonderful to see that new picture and new weight. Congratulations. I think I was reminded of my need to renew by some one at a store when I had to show proof of ID.

As far as friending people, I usually don't do it either. It's not that I don't want some one as a friend. I just don't go to my MFP home page. When some one sends me a friend request I try to message them and let them know that I am pretty much just on here only. I ask if they are over 50 or close and if so invite them here.

I have been sitting here reading all the things happening to all of you, weather, really bad weather, really really bad weather, falls, sick family members. My prayers and thoughts are with all of you and your families.

Sitting here watching last nights Code Black. I love this show as much as This is us. I think tonight is the season finale. Wow! Just saw a kiss!!!!! That was unexpected.

Take care my cyber sisters Joyce, Indiana where it is sunny but cold.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Sarah - I use the normal, classic risotto recipe. I use a small handful of dried porcini to give a full flavour, soaked and chopped, plus fresh mushrooms. And some frozen peas.
    Instead of butter for the "finishing" I use Philly Light plus some parmesan. This saves calories. I do have a little jar of truffles and I dot a couple on the top when it is finished. An aquired taste, but we love it. Tonight I served sugar snap peas as a side.
    I hate cooking in the evening so I always do as much prep as I can after lunch. I take the risotto to the point where I add the white wine, bubble it and leave the rest of the cooking for later. Actually I use Extra Dry Martini Bianco as I don't want to open a bottle. :)

Katla - I think of myself as an ACE procrastinator. I leave things to the point when not doing it becomes more painful than doing it. I still haven't reopened the laptop I bought before Christmas and used once. :s:(:#

Just bought myself a dress on line. I've been wanting a red dress for some time and decided to order it. I can always return it free of charge. I like it because it is fit and flare, therefore hopefully comfortable and it has elbow length sleeves for my batwings. Hope it fits. :* I hope to wear it for a restaurant dinner for my niece's 18th birthday party.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
    <3<3
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Heather thank you so much
    Sarah
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    well showered and in bed.. snow has stopped but getting colder and the wind is whipping the snow around..
    well almost 18,000 steps today.... that is wonderful but can barely move...took 3 tylenol and will hopefully sleep like a rock..
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Toni - I want to do a water aerobics class. DH discourages me. He thinks I'll start and drop it - since I'm not much of a morning person. I think I'll have it to look forward to and will find renewed energy from it. I'm having trouble with arthritic knees and think it would be good for me. And.. if I start and drop it... who cares. At least then I'll know whether it's for me or if I need a different class. How sad is it - I've driven to the YMCA -3 times but never went inside? ;-)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Joyce and Charleen - Not this last time I renewed my license; because I had to provide documentation in order to get it renewed; but, the time before it. I looked nothing like I did on the previous license and had been renewed by mail. Taking the old picture and weight from one I had done 5 years before that. My hair had turned gray, was a lot shorter, I already have issues at some places because I don't use "Nancy" as my signature.

Went to the State Patrol Office with a friend who was getting hers redone because she had remarried. I showed it to the nice young black trooper and asked if I could have a 'new' current picture on it. He told me they only did it if the license was broken. I held it in my hand and popped it in two pieces. He smiled and said, 'you're a quick study' ... sign here. So I then had a picture that actually 'looked' like me. The one I have now, looks like me; but, I must have 'lied' about my weight! LOL!

Lenora
  • tammyclf
    tammyclf Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Lenora hahaha thanks for the laugh!
    Toni - I say go do it! they likely offer a one-time free trial class anyway?! then you won't be out anything if you don't go back!
    grandmallie - wow that's a lot of steps! you were shoveling snow for all that? you will prob be sore tomorrow! wow!
    Heather in UK - maybe you should post a pic in your new red dress when it comes! I love that you wanted something special and went for it!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,878 Member
    Options
    :)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Lenora....love that Chicken Crossing the Road story! Best one I've heard on a long time! Thank you!

Lanette
    SW WA State