WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,384 Member
    Options
    Leigh - I love the multicolored quinoa - I get some that's pre-rinsed so I just pop it into the water and cook away.

Allie, good luck navigating in that snow and with the shoveling/snowblowing. DH shoveled a lot the past couple days and his shoulders and back are aching. If it would have been me, I would not have bothered as I didn't have to get anywhere. I'm glad he does it tho as it keeps him busy and he brought in a lot of firewood, easier to do it if not tramping snow into the house.

Ocular migraines -- I have a few in my life and one a couple weeks ago - zig-zag in one eye. First time it happened about 15 years ago I thought I was having a stroke. Thankfully it only lasted an hour or so. I called the optometrist and he said it was a type of migraine (I used the get the headaches with the throwing up, etc. and once I hit meno they stopped for the most part, thank goodness!)

He also said that's the most common complaint he sees in his office.

Lanette
    SW WA State

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,294 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Karen VA - So sorry to hear about Olivia. Sending healing thoughts for all the family. <3

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Question ~ There are so many articles that I try to read online that are in light gray print. I have to try really hard to read this print. Can anyone tell me why so many are like that?

Carol in GA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Heather. <3
  • Peach1948
    Options
    Healing prayers for Olivia and Reid.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,146 Member
    Options
    KarenVA- prayers and (((hugs))) for Olivia and your family.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • whispersll
    whispersll Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello - is it too late to join this group?

It looks like there are quite a few posts from the beginning of February.
  • Peach1948
    Options
    I did some investigating and found that you can add a Chrome extension for high contrast. You just click on the icon when you get one of those grey text articles and you can read it better.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    DJ thanks for the sunshine!

Marni sorry about the fall and the being bothered by those young men. Scary. Thank you for the compliment!:smile:

Sharon have you tried a dark chocolate of 70% or more. It does have a little sugar but it does help with the craving and it is very difficult to over eat. Are you on a completely sugar free diet?

Alison when we have that kind of snow like you I try to stay ahead of it and shovel a little at a time. I try to pace myself. With your eyes doing that I worry that you are shoveling at all. It is one of the most demanding activities you can place on your body. I hope it is not the wet heavy kind too. Take care.

Prayers for Olivia and your step daughter and all of your family. When a loved one is so ill everyone close is effected. Take care.

:heart: Margaret
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    KarenVA - Hope your new granddaughter is soon healthy and home with the family.
    - Leigh in France
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Karen VA sending prayers for Olivia and your family.

Janetr okc
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    sending love and strength to the new babies, Olivia and Reid and their families. <3
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hello all -

Another week is almost gone. Does it seem like time speeds up as we get older?

MichelleMO719, Tailwaggers, ccinep, Ravi, whispersll - Welcome to the group!

Sarah - I'll take some pics of the leopard print tights when I get them. Hope the quality is as good as the reviews said!

Heather - I agree with you on the exercise. It's certainly the key to weight loss for me... trying to do it with calorie deficit alone is too slow and discouraging. I love seeing that I can eat a few more calories after I log my exercise (even though I don't always eat them back).

Ginger - What good news about your husband! We all need help finding our motivation sometimes. I'm glad he's found his.

Re - I've been watching someone down on the corner erect a brand new fence using your bit-by-bit method. I wonder if he buys a few materials every time he gets paid, puts them up, then lets it sit until the next payday. Sooner or later he'll get that yard fenced!

Marni - The people falling on ice video was hilarious! It wouldn't have been nearly so much fun without all the laughter in the background. Nothing like a good pratfall! It's not so funny when you're the one doing the falling, though.

Gloria - I love discombobulated, too... somehow it just sounds like I feel when I'm that way. I love my sister's word recombobulated even more.

Karen - I'm sorry to hear your granddaughter is struggling. Good thoughts going out for Olivia.

It's beautiful here today - clear and warm - but I'd trade you northern folks for a little more winter. Spring here is all too brief, and reminds us that we'll be sweltering before you know it.

-Yvonne in TX
  • tammyclf
    tammyclf Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    tekavincent - hope you have a better day today!
    ravjit2 - congrats on your battle with breast cancer. Best wishes for long and healthy life!
    Leigh in France - what is it with cats? I guess they're nocturnal - drives me crazy that they sleep all day and annoy me at night! lol too funny about your pants - not a bad problem for sure! congrats on some weight loss.
    YinxFed - mmmmmm your soup sounds so good!
    Lisa in West Texas - I am usually a Tigger as well - been a little slowed down with some injuries, but working on getting my bounce back! My husband has been a bit of Eeyore lately - he's sick of winter! ha! Campout in Montana where? I live in Montana - just curious! Hope it's in July, August or September for you!
    To all those with grandbabies or spouses in the hospital or surgeries - best wishes and prayers to you all!
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    meep
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Funny how simple kindness can bring tears to your eyes in times of worry & stress. Thank you all.

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I posted a picture of Olivia and then deleted it because I thought it might be upsetting. I don't know whether to post it or not. She is in the NICU intubated with lots of monitoring devices, IVs, etc.

This is a very difficult time which is complicated by family dynamics. Olivia's mother chooses to be temporarily estranged from family members for awhile, then will be communicative & friendly but be estranged from another family member. (Borderline Personality). She has pushed my partner (her mother) and me away for the last few months. She lives in California, we are in Virginia, and we are getting bits & pieces of information from several sources, all second hand. It's very tough.

Karen in Virginia