WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Sad to hear of your nephew, Janetr. :'(

Happy to hear that Olivia is holding her own. :D

I'm on the train back from London. My friend had a good chemo session and we chatted the whole time. Will do it again in a month or so. She obviously is feeling a bit low, but cheered up while I was there and is looking forward to her holiday in Morocco.

Write later. I did an hours work on my memoir on the way up. :D

Heather UK xxxxx
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Janet
    I am praying for your Grandson. I know how heart wrenching this is for you. My son (21) has had so many issues in the past, and I can only hope that he is not going back to using. It is terrible what these kids are up against, it is so widely accepted by that age group, and it is so very destructive.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((JANET))) Prayers for you, our grandson, and his family.
  • tammyclf
    tammyclf Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    wow thank you to all of you who enjoyed my snow hike pics! Again, it helps me get through winter here! ha!

Lanette in SW WA - thanks for the encouragement with Biggest Loser challenge - super excited to participate! Also, yes we are used to driving in it and most of us drive Subarus with snow tires which plow right through it! My son and daughter-in-law live in Bremerton, WA and had quite a bit of snow recently for there - everything shut down. They grew up here, so got a chuckle out of it.

Joyce in Indiana - thank you. and believe it or not, my hubby goes out and starts my car before I leave for work (he works from home) and makes sure it's brushed off and window clear of ice! so a little chivalry still exists! I do appreciate it!

Sharon in Lethbridge - What is the car in your profile pic? Also, great goals!

Karen in LA with Oliva - so GREAT to hear good news. Enjoy your stay, and continued prayers and hugs.

Leigh in France - soup sounds and looks amazing. I pinned it to my pinterest board! I LOVE cilantro!

Lisa in TX - huge congrats on kicking the cigarettes! that's awesome!

Fran in GA - good job going for a hike! that's my absolute favorite thing to do! We hike hundreds of miles/year. it's our escape from work and life and nourishes our souls! seems sappy, but truly we crave it! Also congrats on losing weight!

Trigger finger - well shoot - I forgot who said they had trigger finger - you totally just diagnosed my problem! wow! as soon as I read that I thought "that must be what I have" so googled it and sure enough! I think arthritis has suddenly attacked my hands, and now the thumbs - left one the worst - is doing that locking up - where it will spring back up! it's a crazy feeling and very painful at night. I'm sure my husband will blame it on my texting! Thank you! I will go back up to see who mentioned it, but didn't want to lose this post right now.

Janet OKC - congrats on the LulaRoe leggings! they're awesome! I must be the only one left on the planet without a pair. I hear they are super soft. I might need to break down and buy some! On a sadder note, I am so sorry to hear about your grandson. I can't imagine the worry when you don't know where he is or how he's doing. Prayers for recovery for him!

Kate in UK thanks about the pics - and there are plenty of people here who don't want it either! haha I just like to make the best of it and enjoy it when I can. and I really don't mind it in winter. It's when it hits in May and June that you'll hear me whine about it!

grits - I have worked in law offices for 35 years and currently still do. I have enjoyed it for the most part, but kind of over it, and trying to figure out how to transition out of it at my age! lol I currently work as a paralegal for the "water law department" in our law firm. We have three attorneys who do nothing but water law. Water law is a big deal in Montana. but I'm bored!

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Mary thank you so much. I pray for hom every time he crosses my mind. It's in God's hands. I appreciate the prayers.

Janetr okc
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    joyoakey: Welcome to a great group! The shift to retirement changes a lot of things. I'm not a runner, but I am turning myself into a more athletic person than ever before. I wonder if your new retirement and increased time exercising may have resulted in fatigue or perhaps even over-training. I try to follow a harder/easier pattern in my exercise & it is working out pretty well. In my case, MWF, yoga, and TTH walking with a friend plus Saturday or Sunday riding lesson has been a good pattern. I'm planning to bump that up by adding another riding session, starting this week. There will be an impact. Hopefully that will eventually include a higher skill level at riding and a bit more stamina. It is sure to result in a need to make adjustments. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Transitions at work are always a little bumpy in my experience. I hope you get the changes you're requesting. It is clear they value your insights. :smiley:

Cheri: I love the group hugs. Thanks! :star:

Becca: I love the goals you have posted on the kitchen wall. :heart: Your salmon looks wonderful! We slather our salmon with a mustard sauce that is wonderful, and then grill or bake it. We occasionally to get the piece right behind the gills where there is a fin, and it tastes just as good as everything else. Of course nobody actually eats the fin, and we don't eat the skin, either. I got the original recipe from Sunset Magazine decades ago. The original recipe includes butter, which I can't seem to digest, so I switched that part to margarine. A batch of sauce in the refrigerator will be used on many different pieces of salmon & lasts a good long while. Let me know whether you are interested. :flowerforyou:

Tammy: Gorgeous photos! :smiley:

Lisa: Congrats on the one month anniversary of quitting smoking. :bigsmile: I hope Corey's approvals for surgery come through ASAP. He's suffered too long already. (((HUGS)))

Yikes! I'm out of time and need to go to yoga. Have a great day!

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

• janetr7476
    Options
    Katla in beautiful NW Oregon -I'm not Becca but I grill and/or bake salmon often. I'd love your recipe for mustard sauce. Thanks in advance. :)

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi all. Sad to hear of your nephew, Janetr. :'(

Thanks, Heather, he's my grandson though, my heart. I pretty much raised him untill he was four years old. My daughter was only 16 when she got pregnant with him.

Janetr okc
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Accountability Post for Monday
    Progress update of my Feb goals.

Sunday Results
    ✔1. Log/COMPLETE the entry daily.
    ✔2. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔3. Fiber 30g daily
    ✔4. Walk 30 active Fitbit min daily.
    ✔5. Declutter clothes, books, office supplies.
    ✔6. In bed by midnight.

Morning routine completed. Today I focus on a quick cleaning.
    • Mirrors, dust, vacuum, mop.
    • Linens were changed yesterday.
    • Bathrooms and kitchen cleaned daily. They get a deeper cleaning in their week. (ala FlyLady routines)

Have a great day folks!
    -- Ginger in Texas
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    grogers511 wrote: »

Morning routine completed. Today I focus on a quick cleaning.
    • Mirrors, dust, vacuum, mop.
    • Linens were changed yesterday.
    • Bathrooms and kitchen cleaned daily. They get a deeper cleaning in their week. (ala FlyLady routines)

Have a great day folks!
    -- Ginger in Texas

I <3 Flylady!

Cheri
    College Station, TX
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Janetr okc So sorry for you and your family to be going through this and am sending prayerful thoughts!

Cheri
  • jolenec1
    jolenec1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Betty- I use a recumbent bike, but if I ride more than twenty minutes at a time my hips hurt. So I have to break it up by walking on the treadmill and going back to it. I am a fluffy girl so the spinner bikes are hard on me right now.

My granddaughter (5 years old) Kamari, had her tonsils out and repaired one of the tubes in her ears on Friday. Poor baby, she was really freaked out by the whole drama. She seems to be better today and is home from the hospital.
    I have been on the road all weekend and have accomplished nothing in the way of housework. And I tried but I don’t think my eating was the best all weekend either. Back on track today and workout tonight.
    Prayers for all. I hold you ladies dear to my heart.

And just for the record....Where's the minions? I need my little dose of fun..
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Skimmed everything - over 300 posts - prayers and hugs sent. No other time to comment.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • jbrinker23
    jbrinker23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Robyn...Welcome! I just joined this fabulous group recently as well!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Janet ~ Your bouquet is beautiful. Lucky lady! <3