WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    EEEEK! Two people were laid off from my team, today... I just inherited a bunch of work... :/
    The good news is, I wasn't laid off. The bad news is - I have a LOT less time for hanging out with you guys... :'(
    Oh - and I, also, have a new low today - didn't get the 207 I was hoping for - but, I will take 208. I haven't weighed this little since I was a sophomore in college - and that's been a minute, y'all.
    I will be reading, when I can - and I will check in as often as possible.
    Hugs for Everybody!

Re in TX

Eeek is right!

Yippee on the new low weight #!

Cheri
    in sunny BCS, TX
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options

Accountability Post Progress update of my Feb goals.
    Yesterday's Results
    ✔1. Log/COMPLETE the entry daily.
    2. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔3. Fiber 30g daily
    4. Walk 30 active Fitbit min daily.
    5. Declutter ✔️clothes, books, office supplies.
    6. In bed by midnight

I DID attack my biggest stressor yesterday... the deskwork... my DF90's paperwork, bills, it's not that big of a deal... but one of those things with tentacles. I have a list of things to do, phone calls to make. So...Go Me!

DH wants to get away to the lake house this weekend. Something he hasn't wanted to do for 2 years. (Yay! For getting my husband back!) I'll welcome the change of scenery and a nice visit with my older brother and sis-in-law who live on the lake. DM90 and I will finish the mosaic tabletop we!re making for my brother. It's almost finished.

Onward...
    -- Ginger in Texas
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yvonne in Tx - thanks for that tip for eyeglasses. I see my doc tomorrow. I'll ask him about making me some read-in-bed glasses.
    Karen - baby Olivia is beautiful. So happy she's improving.

-- Ginger in Texas
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: I have been to the YM this morning and taken care of horses. I was doing a little gardening when the sun disappeared and then it began to hail. Nothing big but lots of pea-sized stuff. I hung out in the barn for a while and then it turned to snow. we had a short sunbreak and now it is cloudy again. How crazy is that? I have choir tonight so hope it settles down before then.

Katla - The Arabian has a big pasture ball and refuses to play with it. She also has a horse toy that hangs in the shelter that she won't touch. She likes things to make noise like when she pulled the gutter off the barn and it would spring back. We also had a feeder that had a lid that she would lift up and let fall so it would make noise. We are currently looking for a squeaky rubber chicken as we saw a video of a horse playing with one of those. So far in our search we have not found one with a squeaker. Maybe we will find something at the horse fair in Oregon next month.

Tere - I think a sexy, fit grandma with white dreds would be awesome. You go girl!

Re - Glad you still have a job and congratz on the new weight!

welcome to all the newbies.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    Home and in bed, got out at 5.. so took the dogs for a walk, Tom is over at Walmart picking up his glasses..
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Kate, I love those leggings. They had a segment on Good Morning America this morning about leggings and the tests they had done on different ones and which were the best. They only showed solid black ones.

SharonT, welcome. How many calories do you eat each day? Are you logging everything? Stay with it and the weight will come off. Come here often.

KarenVA, wonderful news on Olivia. I hope she keeps improving at a rapid pace.

Tere, good to hear from you. You’ll have to share a picture of your hair when it grows out. Trust me, it is so much easier to let it go gray!

Lanette, I’d like the recipe of your muffins. I eat bran muffins every morning and use oatmeal in place of some of the oat bran. I put cinnamon and ground cloves in them.

Joyce, glad your sister is home.

Beth, we know you (and we) know what to do to get back to healthy eating. Now just do it. I’ll give ya a little shove in the right direction. I know we all feel better when we eat right and exercise so I don’t know why it seems so hard sometimes. Good luck on the bathroom project!

Kay, a huge congrats on that new low number on the scale. Maybe this is the year for those of us that have been in one spot for a long time. Mine is finally moving in the right direction too.

Katla, glad you had a good time with your friends. You need to make an effort to not have your get-togethers so far apart.

Becca, I think that is a great picture of you. What is that man talking about???? LOL

CarolGA, I hope you had a safe drive. I know I 75 can get a bit crowded at any time and the rain just makes drivers crazy.

KarenVA, it is amazing what Olivia has overcome. I do believe in the power of prayer and I know she got a lot from us. I hope she keeps improving and can’t wait for more pictures.

Lanette, your post reminded me of my favorite thing in the world which is cinnamon rolls. Now that I don’t eat them, do you know how many time a week I see cinnamon rolls on the TV!!!! OMG. At least I normally fast forward through commercials.

Cheri, a huge congrats on your weight. *Doing happy dance for you*smiley.gif

Yvonne, I’m glad your dad got to go see his brother.

Kelly, your pizza sounds yummy. I might have to try it.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I know I told you that I bought a dress for a ceremony at the Moose convention. I also got some shoes to match and paid more for them that I wanted to. Then Monday night I found out that I need white shoes as we will be wearing white gowns (but I don’t think the caps) and I don’t own white shoes other than sandals and tunnies. Today I went on a search and at the 4th or 5th place I found a pair for $10. Woo hoo. I’ll return the navy blue shoes. While looking to make sure I didn’t own any white shoes, I found a nice pair of navy shoes with a short heel that will go nicely with the dress if I wear it on another occasion. My eyes have been itching sooooo much that I can hardly stand it. I take an antihistamine every day plus antihistamine eye drops. Today I bought a Neti Pot and will see if that helps. Can’t hurt.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Sarah with the numb thumb-- I ended up with surgery for de Quervain's tenosynovitis. It's like carpal tunnel of the thumb. As I recall the whole thumb was numb tho and wrist painful and I couldn't lift a coffee cup it hurt so badly.

I used to be a handspinner....many years of drafting wool with repetitive motion did me in.

Surgery wasn't bad and helped it immensely.

Not sure if that's what's ailing you but might give you some information.

Good luck!

Lanette
    SW WA State where we just had a hailstorm!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I'm back from the Ortho doc. Good news is that there's nothing structurally wrong with my knee. For some reasons the tendon/nerve going over the kneecap is inflamed, has been for a while, and likes to shoot pain around the kneecap.

He prescribed Voltaren 1% -- said it might help, but said to check the price first as it's pretty spendy. He said other than that, take care to put a pad down every time I need to kneel/put weight on it like when gardening and exercising. I already do as much as I can. Sigh.

DH had some samples of Voltaren in his "pill drawer" his rheumatologist gave him several years ago so I'll try it.

Doc and I both agreed the good news is that he won't have to get in there and fix anything! Which was my worry - that I'd bugger it up by walking and running a bit.

I applied Voltaren a while ago and have enough of the samples to take me a couple weeks. So we'll see how she does. I might just have to buy stock in "Ben Gay" lol.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Sarah are you diabetic? Diabetes can cause numbness in hands and feet. Have you talked to doctor about it? It could be carpal tunnel too?

DH and I watched the movie Sully last night. DH worked for an aerospace company and my dad was a pilot so, we really enjoyed it. The fact he was able to do a water landing in a plane that was not made to land on water was a miracle in of itself. My dad was a pilot in Alaska. He flew planes that were designed to land on water and some of those planes crashed when landing on water.

:heart: Margaret
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Annr: I love the African violet. :smiley:

Peach: Good luck on your trip south. I hope you get things organized so you don't have to make the trip again anytime soon. (((HUGS)))

Karen in Virginia: Good news for little Olivia and the whole family. I hope things keep improving every day. :heart:

Cheri: Congratulations on a new lower weight for a wonderful personal victory!!!! :flowerforyou: :star::flowerforyou:

Re: Congratulations on the loss! WTG!!! :bigsmile:

Sue in WA: I hope you enjoy the Oregon Horse Fair. I also hope you have good weather for your travels. I've been so busy with DH's eye situation that I didn't even realize there was going to be a horse fair. I'd love to hear all about it. :smiley:

I had an awful time getting to sleep last night and ended up having a long soak in the tub. Afterward I was finally able to sleep. I am dragging today, though. Sleeping and reading are the only activities I want to consider at this point.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    U
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Katla. Sorry you're having sleeping problems. Sometimes it's like I organize stuff in my sleep! Or my brain doesn't have an off switch! Glad your bath helped :smile:
    Becca
    Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Sue in WA What is the name of your rebel Arabian? My hero.

Lanette Your muffin is a version, I believe, of MIM (muffin in a minute), an Atkin's low carb recipe. I really like your version with the 3 different "flours". Thanks for sharing it! The variations are limited only by one's imagination. Berries, PB2, nuts, flavored extracts, spices, cheeses, seeds, coconut, vegetables, bacon...yum!

Becca I second what Katla said about your African violet. Lovely! Like you!

RE EEEEK! is right...too bad you are so capable.

I spoke too soon about Olivia and dialysis. Kidney functions have worsened, might have dialysis tomorrow, will keep you posted. Otherwise she is doing so well.

Karen in Virginia

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :) I won a $25.00 gift certificate to a nearby tiny shop where they serve sandwiches and homemade soup and locally made ice cream. I took Jake to lunch there today. He had soup and we took home half of our sandwiches and had ice cream for dessert. I had espresso chip in a waffle cone---a treat I haven't had in years.

:'( Sasha's back leg shakes a lot for no apparent reason. The vet did a blood test and found nothing wrong so Friday she goes in to be sedated to get an x-ray on her spine and parts of her legs. I am working hard at staying in the moment and not writing a scary story about the outcome of this.

<3 Hugs to Olivia

:)Re, congrats on your new weight and on not getting laid off. I used to work at a job where they kept eliminating positions and adding more to my workload. I had to practice being grateful every day that I had a job.

:) A lot of dancing, dog walking, and riding the exercise bike and not much time for MFP.

<3 Barbie from sunny NW Washington