Short girls under 5'5 trying to loose weight?

Options

Replies

• starborn3682
    starborn3682 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've had some truly emotional upsets (around Thanksgiving 2016) and general upheaval in the family dynamics due to a death in the family 6 years ago. I have allowed too much stress into my life and now I'm seeing the results! Sluggish, always tired, unmotivated (almost paralyzed), depressed, confused, find myself using negative self-talk and on and on... I recognize it all. I am probably older than most of you on this page. When I reached a certain age, it seemed I gained belly fat (where I never had before) and am not pleased! Most my challenge areas have been that I was bottom heavy, and curvy.... ie; "sturdy" thighs and hard-to-fit into a tall boot type of calves, cinched at the waist... but while I always had a small waistline, I don't now! Today, most of my weight gain is in front (ie; my stomach/torso, even breasts. I really want to chisel away those areas, begin seeing a little muscle tone where a 6-pack would be and, despite my age, get back to "me" with the small waistline again! I am an emotional eater, but alas, after the damage has been done, I'm even tired of that. I'm looking to lose 10 lbs. realistically, until the "next 10" and then, the "next 10"... a total of 40-50 lbs. Do I believe in myself? Not much. This is the single most difficult thing I've ever tried to accomplish, time and time again, and never quite succeeded (with a giant sweet tooth - my biggest nemisis)! I reached 8 lbs from my low target weight in 2003, then injured my rotator cuff and progressively gained it all back, plus an additional 10! My challenge now too, is that I am recovering from (another) injury. I need to build up strength in my left leg (a result of a bulging disc in my back). My back is better but the weakened leg remains. My therapist said not to be too hard on myself and be patient. I walk, but ever so slowly. I plan to change that but am, at the same time, lacking confidence and belief in myself. Thought I'd work on the healthy food intake first and keep track of it through MyFitnessPal. Yup! I fell off the wagon, but I'm pulling myself up by the boot strings again because I'm a survivor!
  • cheyennekerren2016
    Options
    I'm 5,4 current at 165lbs! I've lost 15lbs so far and now I'm trying to get down to 155lbs by the mid April! Add me as a friend guys as the more friends I have on here the more motivation I have to do this!
  • tbullucks2006
    tbullucks2006 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4. I've lost 32 lbs but I want to lose about 40-50 more. Feel free to add me if you want more friends and support!
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm 5' myself. Has been a struggle since having my son 2 year ago. I'm down 36 lbs and have about 30 more to go.
  • SoniaLemos
    SoniaLemos Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose approximately 30 lbs. My goal is 1 lbs a week (at minimum). Should have done this sooner than waiting to do it in my mid 40's. SMH... I'm starting to count my calorie intake and limiting sugars, breads, and pasta. Gave up soda so I could indulge in a slice of cheese every now and then.

Would love to have like minded individuals to add me. Good luck in your weight loss journey everyone!
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    ladies, you can go ahead and add me for support as well :)
  • tasha12004
    Options
    Update ladies: Today is now day 31 of my clean eating, no meat lifestyle change. I can tell you that even though it's only been a month it has been a rollercoaster. Not just with the weight but my mentality as well. Food has always been something to turn to with any of my emotions but now i can finally say i don't need food to make me happy or to fill that emptiness. I turned to the gym, and that has also helped me in so many ways. I am now down to 169 pounds. Down from 181 pounds. I am getting closer and closer to my goal . I just need to focus. <3
  • kmankley
    kmankley Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm actually about 4'11" and over the past year I have gained about 25 lbs. I am a college student and I was doing really well with staying fit when I lived on campus because I would walk everywhere and go to the gym regularly. Now that I live at home and commute to school I find it 10x more difficult to eat right and find time to go to the gym. I hope to lose that 25 lbs but I don't know where to start.
    And you are right short people do carry their weight differently. After gaining that 25 lbs I went from a size 4 to size 10 and look like a fat umpa lumpa.
  • 17sem
    17sem Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 4 (nearly)

Starting today at 210 lbs
    Journeying towards 127 lbs

Please feel free to add - great to see others do well and support
  • tasha12004
    Options
    It is more difficult for us shorites! 5 pounds is a big difference on us compared to taller woman . I have noticed a huge difference lately in my size in the mirror which almost never happens
  • Birdie1952
    Birdie1952 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Reporting in........after 3 weeks on Nutrisystem I'm down 9 pounds. I'm pleased.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    Oh yayyy. That's so exciting. Keep up the good work.
  • StusPrincess08
    StusPrincess08 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'2 and need to loose 20 lbs "again"! I am 142 and want to be 125lbs, I have been on MFP for 1776 days! originally lost 60lbs, then had a hysterectomy (and ate badly) and now have to looose what I put back on....yes it is harder for us shorties <3
  • Birdie1952
    Birdie1952 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »
    Oh yayyy. That's so exciting. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and feel the "we can't eat as much as tall people" pain. A month ago I was over 11 stone. I've lost half a stone. Aiming to get to 9 stone. Long way off. Doing a lot of exercise (for me) which helps mentally, couldn't handle just cutting down food and booze.
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    melabezzz wrote: »
    I'm 5'3 , well actually 5'2 and a half (that half makes a difference lol) and have the same problem! I'm at 163 right now hoping to get down to 135 but the lowest I've ever seen on the scale in recent years is 149. I get it all in my belly (love handles) and can't even wear a fitted shirt without looking like I have a whale belly haha

If anyone wants to add me, please feel free! I would love to connect with some people who have open diaries, it's great for ideas and motivation! I'm on here again after over a year and want to get healthy, eat better and lost weight for a vacation coming up in April

Pretty much exactly this! When I use this site...and am honest with it, I lose. Please add me. I am in a good space right now in terms of being active, but haven't lost in a bit...so I am hoping to see it on the scale again soon.
  • bmbabe
    bmbabe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Shorty over here too! I'm 5,3" and weigh about 138. I've gained 20 pounds since going to college. I'd really love to lose it all by the time I graduate in 4 months haha. I've been trying to lose it for two years now but can never stick to it. I love sweets and have gotten so used to eating out often, so it's hard to make time for it. I'd love to connect with some other ladies around my age and trying to lose some extra weight too.

I love being short, just not for weight loss
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and have 20 to go ... (down 6) ... You just have to remember, we didn't put it on overnight (although it sure seemed like it - lol) you'll get there, just keep pushing along! I will tell you, I would probably drop more a little faster but I like to enjoy time out w/ my family and sometimes I do go over my calories. But that's the beauty of MFP, I can :) Good Luck!
  • Icandoit233
    Icandoit233 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4.5 and I weigh 131 lbs. Ultimately I would like to be at 115 lbs. My body holds onto a lot of fat in the weirdest place, my back. :/