Short girls under 5'5 trying to loose weight?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• akoullias
    akoullias Posts: 18 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    5'2 here and 24 years old
    Highest weight was 181
    Got down to 145 in 2015

Back up to 173 this January 2017 when I realized I had to make a change and refocus and currently I'm sitting at 159

I'm over this yo-yo life and I'm looking to get down to a healthy weight so right now my goal is 135
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I've posted here.. but I'll post again anyway!

I'm 5'3, 20 years old and started at 181lbs. I'm currently 139lbs and hoping to get to 120-125lbs. Please feel free to add me!
  • turbostang7
    turbostang7 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and currently down 80lbs! It's taken about 16 months so far and I ideally would like to lose another 25-35lbs. Every little bit makes a big difference on my frame.
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and currently down 80lbs! It's taken about 16 months so far and I ideally would like to lose another 25-35lbs. Every little bit makes a big difference on my frame.

What did you do to loose that 80 pounds?
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm 5'4", 43 years old and around 124lbs. Starting weight was around 131-132lbs. Trying to get to 115lbs
  • turbostang7
    turbostang7 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »

What did you do to loose that 80 pounds?

Finally get my thyroid med dose right after 6 years of tweaking it. Lifestyle change. Eating better and less and working out more and being overall more active. Cutting out soda
  • cushygal49
    cushygal49 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello all - I am 4'11" and currently topping the scales at 172.2, my heaviest was 196.5 and my lowest in the last 5 years was 138 - this was done thru running and eating better. I now hate to run and trying to find something that will help with the weight loss. My ultimate goal would be 130. I just turned 49 so I know that with age the struggle becomes a little more difficult. I would love some motivating friends to help aid me in this journey and I you.

All the best
    Claudette
  • Criste11e
    Criste11e Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey all I am right there with you, I am 5'3" and my goal is to get back to 135 so I have 60lbs to lose, the problem is I fall into the same trap. I work a full time job and I am a mom of a 9 year old that is very active in after school activities so my days are usually running around then when I get home its dinner homework and whatnot then I am just exhausted after she goes down I just want to relax with my glass of wine and maybe an episode of tv before bed.
  • PoshyChristine
    PoshyChristine Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I was on MFP about 3 years ago and had success losing @ 20 lbs. and found logging to be a chore. MFP is much better now that Under Armour has jazzed it up. Now, I am back with a vengeance and I've taken additional steps to move in the right direction, I'm simplifying my life moving my health to the top of my priority list and that meant shedding safety blankets, friends who weren't friends, getting rid of my bigger clothes that I kept around "just in case weight gain" and that was no good for me. It feels good to focus on me and not feel bad about making my self a Priority. Now that I just celebrated the Big 4-0, I've made up my mind to release what no longer serves me! So I do my best to log on MFP, document my Journey on Tumblr (@christineanewme) and I use Poshmark (@hertreasures) IG: @hertreasures4posh to offload the larger clothing that no longer serve my new weight loss of 20 lbs since last September and it helps motivate me to shed the weight and the stuff as I consistently strength train, cardio, and eat and log to offload another 60 lbs. to be in the neighborhood of my ideal BMI. If your on any of Tumblr, Poshmark, or IG please say hello or just want to befriend me on MFP please connect with me!
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    HerJourney wrote: »
    I'm 5'2 and I was on MFP about 3 years ago and had success losing @ 20 lbs. and found logging to be a chore. MFP is much better now that Under Armour has jazzed it up. Now, I am back with a vengeance and I've taken additional steps to move in the right direction, I'm simplifying my life moving my health to the top of my priority list and that meant shedding safety blankets, friends who weren't friends, getting rid of my bigger clothes that I kept around "just in case weight gain" and that was no good for me. It feels good to focus on me and not feel bad about making my self a Priority. Now that I just celebrated the Big 4-0, I've made up my mind to release what no longer serves me! So I do my best to log on MFP, document my Journey on Tumblr (@christineanewme) and I use Poshmark (@hertreasures) IG: @hertreasures4posh to offload the larger clothing that no longer serve my new weight loss of 20 lbs since last September and it helps motivate me to shed the weight and the stuff as I consistently strength train, cardio, and eat and log to offload another 60 lbs. to be in the neighborhood of my ideal BMI. If your on any of Tumblr, Poshmark, or IG please say hello or just want to befriend me on MFP please connect with me!

Love this. Yes i find logging everything helps me know what i'm putting in my body and ultimately helps further my weight loss.