Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Options

Replies

• kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    kaizaku wrote: »
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    The only thing that annoys me is when people don't have correct form.. and it doesn't really annoy me, it makes me worried.

Not only that but people that do quarter reps or half reps. Happens all the time at my gym, with both old and young guys. With the old guys, maybe they have joint problems to prevent them from going all the way down on the squat but if it's a guy my age or younger, it's like wtf you doing man? There have been times I wanted to tell them but I'm like nah, I let them figure it out themselves.

I couldn't care less what people are doing, as long as they not hogging the machine, leaving drenched sweat on the bench, keep staring at you as though you took their belongings then it's cool. My mission is to workout then leave. I'm not their keeper nor is It my job to see what people are doing.

yeah, this.

..... although one guy today at the gym kept talking and talking and talking to me.

:lol:
  • yayabeaks
    yayabeaks Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Strike up conversations with me when I'm in the treadmill! I'm rubbish at talking and running haha!
  • kaizaku
    Options
    I was using a weighted barbell, and had a couple behind me staring at me. Was so awkward since I was standing front of the mirror. If they wanted it, go and grab a barbell. So I knew they wanted it. So I gave it them. A total joke, and a pain in the *kitten*. They did it again when I took the other weighted barbell, then I moved from there. :angry:
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I was using a weighted barbell, and had a couple behind me staring at me. Was so awkward since I was standing front of the mirror. If they wanted it, go and grab a barbell. So I knew they wanted it. So I gave it them. A total joke, and a pain in the *kitten*. They did it again when I took the other weighted barbell, then I moved from there. :angry:

What? That's crazy like they wanted you to pick up and set up two bars for them? I wonder if they were watching you workout since they like your routine and wanted to do what you do :)
  • kaizaku
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

What? That's crazy like they wanted you to pick up and set up two bars for them? I wonder if they were watching you workout since they like your routine and wanted to do what you do :)

Yea. It was so awkward. They are newbie. I had a glance. He did not even ask for the weight, he once came close. I thought he's gonna say something. So I offered then fleed to the other side of the gym.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

Yea. It was so awkward. They are newbie. I had a glance. He did not even ask for the weight, he once came close. I thought he's gonna say something. So I offered then fleed to the other side of the gym.

Someone probably told them "hey just look for some ripped dude that knows what he's doing and follow him around creepily" :D
  • fitnessjess_
    fitnessjess_ Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When old men try to show me how to do an exercise.... even tho I know I'm doing it right... haha. It's like... I know you were just starring at my *kitten* and you have no idea what exercise I was even doing.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    When old men try to show me how to do an exercise.... even tho I know I'm doing it right... haha. It's like... I know you were just starring at my *kitten* and you have no idea what exercise I was even doing.

:lol: I hear that a lot. Guys can be a pain in the *kitten*. Next time tell the old geezer to go back to his cardio machine.
  • BBritt26
    BBritt26 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    When people watch me exercise. Or look at me. Or talk to me. Or breathe in my personal space.

Haha basically.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    People who try to talk to you while you're trying to workout......talk to me between sets....not during. I think I might have said this before but people who ask you stupid questions like if you're using a specific machine or squat rack, bench or barbell that's like 10 feet away from you even though clearly you're not. I'm not supersetting and you clearly know this, there's no item on or near it to indicate someone might be using it and yet you still ask me this question. I have had men and women ask me stupid questions like this at the gym, if it's a women and she does it multiple times, she could be naive or trying to talk to me, if it's a man, it's like "Dude...really?". There are times I admit I wanna be an *kitten* and say "Does it look like I'm using it?" but they always catch me in a calm mood so I hold off against it.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Please define what "old man" means to you....like what age would that be? Is it ok if young men do it?

It's probably ok if a guy (Chad) she's attracted to does it. Clearly she ain't attracted to these old men.
  • kaizaku
    Options

Someone probably told them "hey just look for some ripped dude that knows what he's doing and follow him around creepily" :D

:lol:
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Today at the gym, two young girls with make up on, standing around, were walking up and down like they're in the park.
  • WorshipHK
    WorshipHK Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    1. When people tell me how to do something when I'm not doing the exercise incorrectly and/or when I have my headphones in.
    2. When people talk to me in general with my headphones in.
    3. When people DROP THEIR FRICKIN WEIGHTS ON MACHINES INSTEAD OF SETTING THEM DOWN causing my ears to ring.
    4. When people don't rack their weights on machines/in general, causing my not-incredibly-strong self to have to haul 6 45lb plates back to their normal spot.
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Loud grunts and taking too late long between sets on a machine and not taking weights off leg press!!
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Leenizi129 wrote: »
    Loud grunts and taking too late long between sets on a machine and not taking weights off leg press!!

I Saw one guy sitting a long time reading a book. At first I thought it's the Bible. I think it was a diary :lol: