Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    tjkita wrote: »
    Ryan_B1977 wrote: »
    Getting the dumbbells out of weight order makes me irritated. Not wiping down is just gross.

No wiping down is so nasty and ignorant. I second this one!!

Today at the gym, a guy on the treadmill wearing a tank top was sweating so bad like he just came out of the shower. The treadmill has drench sweat everywhere. I felt disgusted, plus when he went pass I tried to make sure his sweat does not fall on me. Although I felt bit wetness on my shin. I don't want their sweat to fall on me.

yeah, based on all of your previous posts.... I would look for a different gym

I would but I got an exceptional good deal plus it opened last year. So it's a very good facility. It's just unethical people, plus by changing doesn't mean I won't find those types of people.

yeah, that's true... hang in there!
  • Ryan_B1977
    Ryan_B1977 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Staring at me while I do barbell hip thrusts. I didn't even do them on the weight floor. Went into a separate more circuit type less crowded room. He stopped and just stared. Really? Really? How old are we?
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Staring at me while I do barbell hip thrusts. I didn't even do them on the weight floor. Went into a separate more circuit type less crowded room. He stopped and just stared. Really? Really? How old are we?

Dang it, no one watches me when I do them. I must not be thrusting hard enough.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Dang it, no one watches me when I do them. I must not be thrusting hard enough.

I'm watching, I damn sure am.

* tinted windows for the win.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Some guys are starving.

Combine that with a pretty girl and a visual explosion... and they're toast.

Hang in there.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

That's funny you mention that. I know a guy from my community who goes to the gym. In his 40's just joined barely few weeks or so. I saw him going up to some youngsters in the gym telling them how to do a Bicep curl. Why can't people just mind their own business. I was waiting to see if he came to me. I would have have told him don't disturb when I'm training. :lol:
  • kaizaku
    Options
    tjkita wrote: »
    Getting the dumbbells out of weight order makes me irritated. Not wiping down is just gross.

No wiping down is so nasty and ignorant. I second this one!!

Today at the gym, a guy on the treadmill wearing a tank top was sweating so bad like he just came out of the shower. The treadmill has drench sweat everywhere. I felt disgusted, plus when he went pass I tried to make sure his sweat does not fall on me. Although I felt bit wetness on my shin. I don't want their sweat to fall on me.

yeah, based on all of your previous posts.... I would look for a different gym

I would but I got an exceptional good deal plus it opened last year. So it's a very good facility. It's just unethical people, plus by changing doesn't mean I won't find those types of people.

yeah, that's true... hang in there!

Will do :smile:
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options

I won't do them when I'm at the gym alone. If I have a friend with me I'll do them. Or if I go late at night when no one is there. How else am I gonna get a good lookin booty, since I can't do squats until I see my ortho next week.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Guys putting their jacket and phone on the exercise machine although using another machine. It's not a coat hanger. People sure know how to irritate someone.
  • ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    USE THE SQUAT RACK FOR BICEP CURLS (the word "squat" is in squat rack for a reason)
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    USE THE SQUAT RACK FOR BICEP CURLS (the word "squat" is in squat rack for a reason)

Sorry had to work on my guns!!
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I don't know why it annoys me (since I'm not perfect) when dudes are always working on their arms/chest, when they obviously need to do legs (tiny chicken legs).
    Granted, I'm not in the gym every minute, and perhaps they did legs yesterday (but with no results).
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Leaving weights on the floor

Using 2-3 machine at a time

Putting the weights in the wrong weight section

Talking to me

Not wiping stuff down

Staring at me

• kaizaku
    Options
    ericatoday wrote: »
    Leaving weights on the floor

Using 2-3 machine at a time

Putting the weights in the wrong weight section

Talking to me

Not wiping stuff down

Staring at me

Plenty people stare at me. Yesterday a guy was doing the tricep pull down whilst looking at me. He's trying to be cool. Since he was checking his non existence gains. The gym is filled with weird people :lol:
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Stupid question, but do most people wipe down those textured metal dumbbells? I've only had experience using the smooth shiny ones (which are easy to wipe down) but with the metal grippy ones I'd be concerned about rusting or something like that. Is wiping these down typical gym etiquette?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Erik8484 wrote: »

FYI squat in "squat rack" is actually an acronym that stands for:

Squat
    Qench press
    Uverhead press
    Any pull up variation (when it's not busy)
    Teadlifts and rack pulls

You forgot :

Wrist Curls and Calf Raises
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    Stupid question, but do most people wipe down those textured metal dumbbells? I've only had experience using the smooth shiny ones (which are easy to wipe down) but with the metal grippy ones I'd be concerned about rusting or something like that. Is wiping these down typical gym etiquette?

I've never wiped down a dumbbell or seen someone wipe down a dumbbell.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

Generally you only wipe down soft or flat surfaces. I might wipe down the handles on a kettlebell and dry them before I start, just to make sure they're dry, but I can't say I've ever thought to wipe down grippy handles after.

I might wipe a handle down after, if I ripped a callous or bled on it, but just sweat, probably not.

• kaizaku
    Options

But I've seen people putting their dirty foot on it while killing time in between sets.