Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Options

Replies

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    omakase619 wrote: »
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    When people don't put the dumbbells in the right place. I never knew 50 came before 35...

Bro it's whatever spot is open. Or else you'll be there all day moving around dumbbells to their correct spot.

I've actually rearranged both dumbells and Olympic plates so they are in order. I wouldn't expect anyone else to do so.

Admittedly, that's a lil ocd, but it's also lifting weight. *shrug

I do this every damn day. It absolutely drives me crazy. Haha. My gym just got a rack of pre loaded barbells and them *kitten* are NEVER in the right spot so, I fix it... Ugh. Maybe it's the mom in me and an overwhelming amount of OCD. LOL!
  • karenlynn670
    karenlynn670 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have two that really annoy me to the core! 1st sit in on the machine just to text. I can't tell you how many times I watch people use their phone taken like 10 minutes brakes just so they can do one minute worth of exercise... If that. 2 using like three different weights, and then just leaving them there to do a different exercise. Why can you not just put the weights back!
  • gymfanatic2016
    gymfanatic2016 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hogging equipment whilst checking thier mobile
  • Unavita11
    Unavita11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Jumping in between a set without asking.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    grace173 wrote: »
    Naked women in the changing room. There was a woman in the locker right next to me the other day and she was putting lotion all over her body next to me. I mean there is a time and a place for the lotion people!

At my old gym there was this chick who worked out before work and she would shower and then do everything else first before finally getting dressed as the last step. She would walk around the locker room in her flip flops and nothing else. She'd brush her teeth, apply all her creams and lotions, dry and style her hair, apply makeup, give herself pedicures, etc. Then after all else was done she'd get dressed. I think she enjoyed being naked. And she would take hours getting ready. I know this because she'd be in the shower when I arrived at the gym and still be getting dressed as I left. LOL. I'd forgotten all about her...

Okay, wait - why do you care? I work out and then I have to go back to work after. Some days, I'm HOT. Even after a cool shower, I'm on the verge of sweating again, and it's way too hot to get dressed right away. I put on my underwear, but otherwise, I'm mostly naked. I do my hair, makeup, put lotion on, jewelry, everything possible, and then put my clothes on DEAD LAST.
  • jpower132002
    jpower132002 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    People who slam the cable machines and also not reracking their weights!
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    omakase619 wrote: »
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    When people don't put the dumbbells in the right place. I never knew 50 came before 35...

Bro it's whatever spot is open. Or else you'll be there all day moving around dumbbells to their correct spot.

I've actually rearranged both dumbells and Olympic plates so they are in order. I wouldn't expect anyone else to do so.

Admittedly, that's a lil ocd, but it's also lifting weight. *shrug

I do this every damn day. It absolutely drives me crazy. Haha. My gym just got a rack of pre loaded barbells and them *kitten* are NEVER in the right spot so, I fix it... Ugh. Maybe it's the mom in me and an overwhelming amount of OCD. LOL!

In my gym the dumbbells are always in the right place, but the plates are all over the place.
    I sort and re-rack if I have the time. OCD? Me? Naaaah...
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    People who talk to you during your set! There's one guy at my gym who constantly does this to me, it's one thing to talk between sets but he just keeps going and going. Now I'm a nice guy so I don't so anything derogatory to him, in fact..I actually engage him in conservation during the sets only because I find it mentally challenging so I guess it's my own fault that he continues to do it..oh well..c'est la vie
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    grace173 wrote: »
    Naked women in the changing room. There was a woman in the locker right next to me the other day and she was putting lotion all over her body next to me. I mean there is a time and a place for the lotion people!

At my old gym there was this chick who worked out before work and she would shower and then do everything else first before finally getting dressed as the last step. She would walk around the locker room in her flip flops and nothing else. She'd brush her teeth, apply all her creams and lotions, dry and style her hair, apply makeup, give herself pedicures, etc. Then after all else was done she'd get dressed. I think she enjoyed being naked. And she would take hours getting ready. I know this because she'd be in the shower when I arrived at the gym and still be getting dressed as I left. LOL. I'd forgotten all about her...

Okay, wait - why do you care? I work out and then I have to go back to work after. Some days, I'm HOT. Even after a cool shower, I'm on the verge of sweating again, and it's way too hot to get dressed right away. I put on my underwear, but otherwise, I'm mostly naked. I do my hair, makeup, put lotion on, jewelry, everything possible, and then put my clothes on DEAD LAST.

I actually don't care. Not even a little. :| I cared so little that I had forgotten about it until I read the previous post which reminded me of it, so I shared the story. Sorry if it offended you. That wasn't my intention.

I do think it's amusing though, since most people don't prance around naked in public for hours on end. They tend to want to get dressed ASAP. To me, the amusing part is not the nakedness - that's pretty standard for a locker room. The funny part is that she spent hours getting ready, completely naked the entire time. She's the only person I've seen doing that in the decades that I've been going to gyms. And of course I noticed it. She was there all the time with the same routine. You tend to notice people when you see them all the time.

Not offended, just surprised that locker room nakedness was called out as a "gym annoyance" by the two of you.

Hours on end is weird, but I still can't see being annoyed by it. It's not affecting you. For a while at my old job, I went to a gym with incredibly nice locker rooms - much fancier than my bathroom at home. I can see myself taking my time in there. Especially now that my house is chock-full of people all the time. Blow drying and putting on makeup without interruption from kids/husband/mother-in-law/dogs sounds like a freaking dream come true. :D
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    nevadavis1 wrote: »
    People sitting on machines just using their phones or talking to someone. People using one machine but putting their stuff on another. When you go to a totally empty machine and someone comes up and says "I was still using that." Guys who throw their heavy weights after lifting (so loud). The guys who scream and grunt and yell when lifting. People who lift barbells right in front of the rack so I have to wait to get what I need for the bench press. Male people who act like I'm not there and walk right into me or step right in front of me, between me and the mirror and start doing their own work out. The guys with BO so bad that I have to move away from them and go to another area.

These kinds of things are the reason why Planet Fitness has those rules/Lunk alarm. I realize some locations abuse the lunk alarm but.... Frankly I'd much rather live with their rules than deal with screaming pigbeasts day in and day out.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    People sitting on machines just using their phones or talking to someone. People using one machine but putting their stuff on another. When you go to a totally empty machine and someone comes up and says "I was still using that." Guys who throw their heavy weights after lifting (so loud). The guys who scream and grunt and yell when lifting. People who lift barbells right in front of the rack so I have to wait to get what I need for the bench press. Male people who act like I'm not there and walk right into me or step right in front of me, between me and the mirror and start doing their own work out. The guys with BO so bad that I have to move away from them and go to another area.

These kinds of things are the reason why Planet Fitness has those rules/Lunk alarm. I realize some locations abuse the lunk alarm but.... Frankly I'd much rather live with their rules than deal with screaming pigbeasts day in and day out.

what is a lunk alarm?
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »

what is a lunk alarm?

LOL

Planet fitness will sound a fog horn and flash emergency lights if you grunt, drop weights too loudly or do anything that might intimidate other gym goers.

I'd be banned at PF in no time - as I can't help but grunt and wheeze during my working sets. I don't drop weights but I've come pretty close at times doing DB presses.