Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Taking selfies in the gym!!

Worse yet - taking selfies in the locker room. :s
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,152 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Taking selfies in the gym!!

Worse yet - taking selfies in the locker room. :s

Lmao!!!, that's could be amazing. Or the worst site ever.
  • dowelahmed
    dowelahmed Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had an interesting one that not only annoyed me but left me perplexed as to why they chose the gym. While I was there a certain gentleman was sat on the bicep curl machine, not curling his biceps but watching what looked and sounded like Britain's Got Talent on his phone. It must have been at least 5 minutes while he had his phone to his ear (how annoying for him being in a loud environment!), sometimes I wonder why people bother...
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I seen people take their shoes off to squat, even rub their feet on n the bar when resting. I do not want to touch a bar having someones Smelly foot on it.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Sometimes when I'm on the cables doing raises for my shoulders, and other exercises using dumbbells you have people squeeze past you to the point you almost smack them. If they took few more steps, easily could have gone around with plenty of space. Makes me wonder if they are short sighted.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    It's been said a few times already, but I'll include a picture!
    Please, please rerack your weights.
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    When people don't put the dumbbells in the right place. I never knew 50 came before 35...

Bro it's whatever spot is open. Or else you'll be there all day moving around dumbbells to their correct spot.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    omakase619 wrote: »
    When people don't put the dumbbells in the right place. I never knew 50 came before 35...

Bro it's whatever spot is open. Or else you'll be there all day moving around dumbbells to their correct spot.

I've actually rearranged both dumbells and Olympic plates so they are in order. I wouldn't expect anyone else to do so.

Admittedly, that's a lil ocd, but it's also lifting weight. *shrug
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I've actually rearranged both dumbells and Olympic plates so they are in order. I wouldn't expect anyone else to do so.

Yeah you're the guy that talked me into putting my weights back. But my gym is pretty laid back and has chill people. The only thing that bothers me are the heavy sweaters that use the bench without a towel.

That's gross
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Yeah you're the guy that talked me into putting my weights back. But my gym is pretty laid back and has chill people. The only thing that bothers me are the heavy sweaters that use the bench without a towel.

That's gross

Our gym is laid back too.

If somebody sweats, no worries... just wipe down the bench.

Honestly, some people are just oblivious to gym etiquette.

They're not bad people, just under educated.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,152 Member
    Options
    Post up on the cable crossovers and start chatting with someone. Like it's there damn arm rest or something.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    The only thing that annoys me is when people don't have correct form.. and it doesn't really annoy me, it makes me worried.

Not only that but people that do quarter reps or half reps. Happens all the time at my gym, with both old and young guys. With the old guys, maybe they have joint problems to prevent them from going all the way down on the squat but if it's a guy my age or younger, it's like wtf you doing man? There have been times I wanted to tell them but I'm like nah, I let them figure it out themselves.
  • kaizaku
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The only thing that annoys me is when people don't have correct form.. and it doesn't really annoy me, it makes me worried.

Not only that but people that do quarter reps or half reps. Happens all the time at my gym, with both old and young guys. With the old guys, maybe they have joint problems to prevent them from going all the way down on the squat but if it's a guy my age or younger, it's like wtf you doing man? There have been times I wanted to tell them but I'm like nah, I let them figure it out themselves.

I couldn't care less what people are doing, as long as they not hogging the machine, leaving drenched sweat on the bench, keep staring at you as though you took their belongings then it's cool. My mission is to workout then leave. I'm not their keeper nor is It my job to see what people are doing.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options

What do you want to tell them about partial reps? I'm confused. skool me on anatomy and the downsides to partial reps
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »

What do you want to tell them about partial reps? I'm confused. skool me on anatomy and the downsides to partial reps

*SCIENCE*

giphy.gif

:lol:
  • DasItMan91
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »

Partial reps does have their benefits but like @cabronlobos said, if they're just ego lifting and don't know what they're doing then that's when it can get *kitten* up.
  • DasItMan91
    Options
    When people don't drop the weights! I love the sound of heavy weights dropping to the floor :D

Romanian DL time just to piss you off ;)
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »

I couldn't care less what people are doing, as long as they not hogging the machine, leaving drenched sweat on the bench, keep staring at you as though you took their belongings then it's cool. My mission is to workout then leave. I'm not their keeper nor is It my job to see what people are doing.

yeah, this.

..... although one guy today at the gym kept talking and talking and talking to me.

• mariazmabey
    mariazmabey Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When guys don't put the weights back or you get them guys that ask how many sets got left when you've only just started then decide to hover making it awkward .. ermm go do something else and come back!