Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Options

Replies

• Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    This older lady at my gym always goes for the bigger lap lane. The one that includes the ladder. She likes it so she doesn't have to get her hair wet (she told me so). Her thing is walking in the lane for about 30 minutes. This is fine but heaven help the person that gets "her" lane. She screamed at me and my fiancé one day for being in and sharing "her" lane and said there were plenty of other lanes that we could be using. We did move but only after her and my fiancé argued. I've seen (and heard) her do it to other swimmers.........wish I had my own lane...but I'm not good at being bossy.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I find it humorous when girls go to the gym with a full face of make up and hair perfectly done and I'm working out looking like a wet rat OR people who sit on a machine for 15 minutes on their phone! argghhhh

I seen women like that too. Make up an jewellery as though they going to a club
  • Fat_tasha
    Fat_tasha Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ppl who keeps staring at you while you're working out , I can't foucas on my training unless they look away :neutral:
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    My one big gripe at the gym is getting nasty looks from others like I shouldn't be there. I like it better when there is no one really there so I can focus on my workouts. I am hoping that after a while, I will "earn" my right to be there.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    My one big gripe at the gym is getting nasty looks from others like I shouldn't be there. I like it better when there is no one really there so I can focus on my workouts. I am hoping that after a while, I will "earn" my right to be there.

Some people act like they invented the gym. You paid money, and have same rights as everyone else to use the facility. Can't stand when people stare, I prefer to train when it's empty.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    OMG.. yes.. and selfies... I had to wait for the squat rack once so this girl could take selfies of herself pretending to use it, then she went to the elliptical, did the same thing and then left. :p
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm fortunate that I no longer belong to a large commercial gym. I go to a small private studio gym and the vast majority are working with one of the trainers...there are a handful of us who have "executive" membership privileges and can come and go, but most people are training with one of the trainers...there's usually not more than 3 or 4 people working out at any one time, so there are very few, if any issues.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    There's this one woman that goes to my gym that embodies majority of the gripes on this thread. She uses two benches to do plie dumbbell squats, which hey, you gotta do what you gotta do...only she does like 3 and then "rests" for 5 minutes on her phone. She'll then use the dip/pull-up assist machine as like a singular leg press -- again just doing it without real effort, on her phone. On the actual leg press machines, she'll just sit there at the starting position, knees to her chest, crushing more candy on her phone. She also has full weave in and done up, makeup on and will hoard the mirror space right in front of racks.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Steff46 wrote: »
    This older lady at my gym always goes for the bigger lap lane. The one that includes the ladder. She likes it so she doesn't have to get her hair wet (she told me so). Her thing is walking in the lane for about 30 minutes. This is fine but heaven help the person that gets "her" lane. She screamed at me and my fiancé one day for being in and sharing "her" lane and said there were plenty of other lanes that we could be using. We did move but only after her and my fiancé argued. I've seen (and heard) her do it to other swimmers.........wish I had my own lane...but I'm not good at being bossy.

You should have splashed water on her hair, and that would probably be the last time you see her lol

Because the older lady would claw Steff's eyes out? Ha-ha! :D
  • corbettrn
    corbettrn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    People Dropping very heavy weights on the floor causing the whole floor to shake and vibrate. Obnoxious!
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I agree.
    jbirdgreen wrote: »
    I hate when the Zumba instructor makes us free style. It's kind of embarrassing, and you can tell no one likes to do it.
  • TurnuptheACDC
    TurnuptheACDC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    When someone gives me tips when I'm at the squat rack and further demonstrates on the Smith.

When people text in between sets, especially during peak times at the gym. Makes me irate.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

Are you sure you're getting dirty looks, or is it really just Resting Bitc# Face?

Most people don't give a crap about anybody else at the gym. They're just there to do their thing. They really couldn't care less about you. Sometimes my eyes are just moving around the room, observing the general activity, not focusing in on specific people. And I probably don't have the most pleasant expression on my face because I'm either working hard or I'm concentrating and thinking about important things. Occasionally, I happen to accidentally get eye contact with people, but it's nothing personal. They're all basically just part of the scenery.
  • kaizaku
    edited April 2017
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Steff46 wrote: »

You should have splashed water on her hair, and that would probably be the last time you see her lol

Because the older lady would claw Steff's eyes out? Ha-ha! :D
    She might break a nail so I doubt she would lol :lol:
  • CowgirlBaby42
    CowgirlBaby42 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    they wear a skirt with no leggings underneath and they don't clean machines down after their workout fuckn disgusting :s