Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Options

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    IVMay wrote: »
    sonic22m wrote: »
    - dudes walking around nude like they're at home, in the locker room.
    - People who have to take a picture of the rep.
    - When you're workout in front the mirror, and someone stands directly in front of you.
    - People who's music is so loud, you can hear it over your headphones.

All these are true and funny.
    Or people regurgitating and emptying their nose in the showers. People pissing in the showers or leaving skid marks all over the tiolets/not flushing properly. Just general dirty idiots.

OMG that is so disgusting!!! That is why I shower at home!
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    rahimlj wrote: »
    People having so many weights and not even using most of them !

I Saw that the other day. I wanted the 10kg dumbbell but saw it next to a guy with couple of other dumbbells. The gym was busy too.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Mike_take2 wrote: »
    Asking " are you almost done?"

I. Was using the smith machine and a woman came and asked me that. Although it was my second set. Women tend to be on those machine for a very long time.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate it when I have been waiting FOREVER for a damn machine to open up and as soon as it does someone comes out of no where and jumps on it before me even though I was waiting and they were not. Its rude. Please be courteous of others. PLEASE.
  • gbouldin1
    gbouldin1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Curling in the squat rack.
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    Options
    Selfies in the mirror....walking around the gym, not doing a damn thing but eye *kitten* everything with boobs...hair perfectly gelled....yeah no. Bye Felicia lol....

Work hard, sweat, grunt, then u can eye *kitten* me
  • adamgoleafs87
    adamgoleafs87 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What annoys me at the gym?? Don't get me started lol...
    Biggest pet peeve is people who dont wipe down the machines. Therefore I always wipe it down b4 I get on it and after I'm done.
    People who bring their bratty kids and let them run around, climbing and crawling all over the equipment.
    The weight lifters in the back who sound like they are all in a big orgie
    People who try to talk to me when I'm working out
    People who play loud obscene music to the point I can hear theirs over my ear phones.

Let me think on it a while... I'm sure I can come up with more lol

The kids thing is equally on the gym. What gym would allow that?

Seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen lol
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    People that walk up to the dumbbell rack grab their weights and do their sets right there in front of the rack. Then you have to stand there waiting for them to finish to get to your weights. Although I'm not immune to invading their personal space if I can reach my weights without impeding their motion. Just to give them the hint.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Guys that are there for a social club instead of getting their work out in. I went to the gym earlier than usual a while back and was already a little cranky to start with and in a bit of a hurry to get my workout in. I walk up to a machine that is open and hear a "I'm using that machine still". I turn around and there's a guy standing there at another machine talking to his buddy who's sitting on the machine bench.

So I grit my teeth and walk around to the other side of them to use my next machine on the list. The guy sitting on the other machine bench says with a straight face " I'm using that one to and have three more sets". I blurted something like "It's impossible to tell what you guys are using and not using" as I walked away. One of the guys came up to let me know when they were done with the machine but by then it was too late. I said something like "good for you, you want a trophy or something" and went back to my workout. I'm usually not that snippy. Put me in a bad mood the rest of the workout.
  • crystalmorrison378
    crystalmorrison378 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    What annoys me at the gym?? Don't get me started lol...
    Biggest pet peeve is people who dont wipe down the machines. Therefore I always wipe it down b4 I get on it and after I'm done.
    People who bring their bratty kids and let them run around, climbing and crawling all over the equipment.
    The weight lifters in the back who sound like they are all in a big orgie
    People who try to talk to me when I'm working out
    People who play loud obscene music to the point I can hear theirs over my ear phones.

Let me think on it a while... I'm sure I can come up with more lol

The kids thing is equally on the gym. What gym would allow that?

Seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen lol

They don't allow it. It's a 24 hour access gym.. no staff after 7pm and no staff on the weekends. Parents bring their kids when the staff is not there
  • kaizaku
    Options
    raindawg wrote: »
    Guys that are there for a social club instead of getting their work out in. I went to the gym earlier than usual a while back and was already a little cranky to start with and in a bit of a hurry to get my workout in. I walk up to a machine that is open and hear a "I'm using that machine still". I turn around and there's a guy standing there at another machine talking to his buddy who's sitting on the machine bench.

So I grit my teeth and walk around to the other side of them to use my next machine on the list. The guy sitting on the other machine bench says with a straight face " I'm using that one to and have three more sets". I blurted something like "It's impossible to tell what you guys are using and not using" as I walked away. One of the guys came up to let me know when they were done with the machine but by then it was too late. I said something like "good for you, you want a trophy or something" and went back to my workout. I'm usually not that snippy. Put me in a bad mood the rest of the workout.

I seen guys in groups chit chatting and giggling like girls
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Last night there was an older guy soaping up in the steam room.

I was annoyed by this.

Also there are people who do push ups in the steam room.

I get annoyed by this too. (and frankly touching the steam room floor with your bare hands is a little bit gross).

Is there a guide to steam room etiquette?
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options

I was annoyed by this.

I get annoyed by this too. (and frankly touching the steam room floor with your bare hands is a little bit gross).

There should be. They are made to sit there and sweat out the toxins. They have a separate place for hot yoga dammit!
  • Findingmyhappyme
    Findingmyhappyme Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm dying I love this thread! There are two guys at my gym who I see quite regularly who come to the deadlift platform when I'm there (seriously HOW do they time it :P ) and one tries to PT the other. I hate to tell them that he's instructing wrong, totally wrong! Plus they spend so much time critiquing each other that my rest time triples!
  • kaizaku
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm dying I love this thread! There are two guys at my gym who I see quite regularly who come to the deadlift platform when I'm there (seriously HOW do they time it :P ) and one tries to PT the other. I hate to tell them that he's instructing wrong, totally wrong! Plus they spend so much time critiquing each other that my rest time triples!

I seen plenty of those types of people LOL :smiley:
  • kaizaku
    Options

I was annoyed by this.

Wow, here I thought I had it rough with those un-ethical people.