Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Options

Replies

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    The obnoxious looks I get from everyone when I pull out my thighmaster and shake weights and start my work out.

Shake & bake baby!!!
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    megemrj wrote: »
    A different perspective:

I lift (SL 5x5) at my own pace. Sometimes I rest 30 secs - 5 mins between sets. Yes on my phone during rest (usually the SL app or MFP) or stretching, but so flipping what? I have never had anyone ask to work in nor anyone ask me to hurry either. Been doing it over a year in a very busy gym. Everyone has been very nice and courteous.

I am 42 with back (lower), inner ear imbalance, and knee (missing cartilage or ligament..can't remember) issues. I will not hurry up and risk injuring myself because someone may be impatient or think their time/workout is more valuable than mine.

People should be more considerate of others limitations (visible and invisible), before judging them. Maybe it's not about your inconvenience, but their workout.

Edited because sometimes my tongue rules my hands and can come across too sharp.

Same. Depending on many factors - my recovery can be up to 5 minutes per set for Squats. Usually, it's 2 or less, but you tell my legs on a Monday after a fun weekend they need to hurry it up.
  • crazycat1977
    crazycat1977 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    People who come on the equipment next to me and stink ! please can't they just shower, use deodorant and wear clean gym gear. Yuk.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    Carillon_Campanello
    "5 minutes between sets is retarded. 2 minutes max max max and you should probably fake an injury with that kind of time."

You've obviously never trained as a competitive powerlifter. Maximum effort to failure with 1 -3 rep maximums requires more than 2 minutes. I won't even get into the "retarded" reference. Really?

How many COMPETITIVE power lifters in the average gym?

How many of the 5 minute "resters" are COMPETITIVE power lifters?

Is that the crowd we are REALLY talking about?

Sensitive thugs...y'all need hugs.

EDITED: For average Joes and Janes everywhere...who only need 2 minutes max between sets.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    gainzdg wrote: »
    Eating fried chicken between sets.

But do you even eat fried chicken COMPETITVELY BRO????

We talkin' bout PRACTICE!!!
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    People who talk LOUDLY on the phone while on the treadmill next to me

People who don't wipe down their machines (particularly when they obviously sweat all over it...)

But what if they are a COMPETITIVE POWER LIFTER? Does that excuse them???
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    Carillon_Campanello
    "5 minutes between sets is retarded. 2 minutes max max max and you should probably fake an injury with that kind of time."

You've obviously never trained as a competitive powerlifter. Maximum effort to failure with 1 -3 rep maximums requires more than 2 minutes. I won't even get into the "retarded" reference. Really?

No. I haven't. Nor do I intend to. I wouldn't sacrifice my speed, agility, or flexibility to be a power lifter. Not my bag. Believe it or not the everyday gym is not built just for competitive power lifters. In fact, I would venture to guess most commercial gyms would go out of business if they relied solely on competitive power builders to keep them in business.

I won't even get into your tone of self importance. Yes. Really.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Carillon_Campanello

No. I haven't. Nor do I intend to. I wouldn't sacrifice my speed, agility, or flexibility to be a power lifter. Not my bag. Believe it or not the everyday gym is not built just for competitive power lifters. In fact, I would venture to guess most commercial gyms would go out of business if they relied solely on competitive power builders to keep them in business.

I saw your profile pics. Yeah, you didn't have to tell me you weren't.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Carillon_Campanello

An attack on someone's appearance. Classy.

Loving the positivity BRO.

Keeping on lifting Bruh.

Grunt one out just for me....just make sure you do it COMPETITIVELY.

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Carillon_Campanello

:o:s
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    This chick at my gym gets on my last nerve! She doesn't put her weights back, she just leaves them all over her coffee table! What a slob!

.....oops..... that's me lol

qwfp580x24c8.jpeg

The dumbells at my gym are never in the right place. Its just the way life is. I'll blame all the COMPETITIVE power lifters from now on...because they are exempt from the rules and stuff.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    This chick at my gym gets on my last nerve! She doesn't put her weights back, she just leaves them all over her coffee table! What a slob!

qwfp580x24c8.jpeg

Merry Christmas!
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options

qwfp580x24c8.jpeg

The dumbells at my gym are never in the right place. Its just the way life is. I'll blame all the COMPETITIVE power lifters from now on...because they are exempt from the rules and stuff.

Can I blame them too??? lol

Absolutely. But don't expect any public accountability. They are exempt. See above.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

qwfp580x24c8.jpeg

You got more weights than my gym. You even have the blue colour dumbbells :lol:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

qwfp580x24c8.jpeg

Merry Christmas!

I'm lazy and keep that on my table to protect it all year. One day I will look for a summery throw.

that's pretty funny.

your christmas tree.... it's still up; isn't it?
  • alida1walsh
    alida1walsh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    People who do one rep then rest on the equipment while looking at their phones for 5 minutes then do a 2nd rep.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

qwfp580x24c8.jpeg

Merry Christmas!

That's some attention to detail!