Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Options

Replies

• cogirljb
    cogirljb Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Luckily I haven't come across people playing music on portable speakers, thats pretty messed up!! I'd have to say people that don't put their weights away...clean up after yourself!!!!
  • Miss1Bec
    Miss1Bec Posts: 20 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The gym that I attend to is really small. There is this guy every time when we are alone in the gym he grunts, slaps and then swears at himself when he lifts weigh
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    The guy at the gym at work who walked into the locker room completely drenched in sweat after a lunch workout, undressed, toweled himself off, applied a layer of deodorant and cologne, put on his work clothes (including a tie), and shuffled back to work somewhere in the building. I'm sure that his coworkers just love him.

:D

I think maybe I used to work with this guy! Ha!
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    People who dry their bodies with the hand dryers
  • joeybrid
    joeybrid Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It's annoying when people don't have the common courtesy to leave 135 on the bar for you.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    joeybrid wrote: »
    It's annoying when people don't have the common courtesy to leave 135 on the bar for you.

I know, right? :s
  • KendraS74
    KendraS74 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Not wiping down the equipment and using the cell phone while exercising are my two gym pet peeves. :/
  • LifeIs420
    LifeIs420 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    i just simply hate other people in the gym
  • manhnguyen123
    manhnguyen123 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The guy who half add deadlifts 220 pounds but drop the weight once he gets to the top. 220 slamming onto pavement inside the gym isn't a pleasant sound.
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    grace173 wrote: »
    Naked women in the changing room. There was a woman in the locker right next to me the other day and she was putting lotion all over her body next to me. I mean there is a time and a place for the lotion people!

Yes. A time and a place. A time...like after a shower. A place...like in a locker room.

Ok. Some people have a problem with me not liking the nakedness or the lotion. There, now you know. Some people don't like the nakedness or the lotion. I said it. Ok. I'm not the only one. There are others. We wear bracelets

• JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Naked women in the changing room. There was a woman in the locker right next to me the other day and she was putting lotion all over her body next to me. I mean there is a time and a place for the lotion people!

Yes. A time and a place. A time...like after a shower. A place...like in a locker room.

Ok. Some people have a problem with me not liking the nakedness or the lotion. There, now you know. Some people don't like the nakedness or the lotion. I said it. Ok. I'm not the only one. There are others. We wear bracelets

Are you one of those people that brings all of your stuff to the shower with you and takes 15 minutes getting dressed, all the way to your shoes and jewelry, in the privacy of the shower while the rest of us are waiting in line?

Because there's my gym annoyance.
  • pmyn29
    pmyn29 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    There's 2 girls at my gym that stand extremely close to the dumbbell racks, and get pissy when people try to get by them even if they're polite.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    pmyn29 wrote: »
    There's 2 girls at my gym that stand extremely close to the dumbbell racks, and get pissy when people try to get by them even if they're polite.

Heh. Just walk over and grab your DB's - Say "excuse me" and crop-dust on your way out. See how long they stay around. ;)

edit: yes, I can dust on demand - to the horror of my wife. I drink a LOT of milk and protein and the results can peel paint.
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    JeepHair77 wrote: »

At my old gym there was this chick who worked out before work and she would shower and then do everything else first before finally getting dressed as the last step. She would walk around the locker room in her flip flops and nothing else. She'd brush her teeth, apply all her creams and lotions, dry and style her hair, apply makeup, give herself pedicures, etc. Then after all else was done she'd get dressed. I think she enjoyed being naked. And she would take hours getting ready. I know this because she'd be in the shower when I arrived at the gym and still be getting dressed as I left. LOL. I'd forgotten all about her...

Okay, wait - why do you care? I work out and then I have to go back to work after. Some days, I'm HOT. Even after a cool shower, I'm on the verge of sweating again, and it's way too hot to get dressed right away. I put on my underwear, but otherwise, I'm mostly naked. I do my hair, makeup, put lotion on, jewelry, everything possible, and then put my clothes on DEAD LAST.

I actually don't care. Not even a little. :| I cared so little that I had forgotten about it until I read the previous post which reminded me of it, so I shared the story. Sorry if it offended you. That wasn't my intention.

I do think it's amusing though, since most people don't prance around naked in public for hours on end. They tend to want to get dressed ASAP. To me, the amusing part is not the nakedness - that's pretty standard for a locker room. The funny part is that she spent hours getting ready, completely naked the entire time. She's the only person I've seen doing that in the decades that I've been going to gyms. And of course I noticed it. She was there all the time with the same routine. You tend to notice people when you see them all the time.

Wait! I care! I never see women prancing around naked in the locker room where I work out. Maybe I'm at the wrong gym?
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Miss1Bec wrote: »
    The gym that I attend to is really small. There is this guy every time when we are alone in the gym he grunts, slaps and then swears at himself when he lifts weigh

Maybe he has Tourette's syndrome?
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

At my old gym there was this chick who worked out before work and she would shower and then do everything else first before finally getting dressed as the last step. She would walk around the locker room in her flip flops and nothing else. She'd brush her teeth, apply all her creams and lotions, dry and style her hair, apply makeup, give herself pedicures, etc. Then after all else was done she'd get dressed. I think she enjoyed being naked. And she would take hours getting ready. I know this because she'd be in the shower when I arrived at the gym and still be getting dressed as I left. LOL. I'd forgotten all about her...

Okay, wait - why do you care? I work out and then I have to go back to work after. Some days, I'm HOT. Even after a cool shower, I'm on the verge of sweating again, and it's way too hot to get dressed right away. I put on my underwear, but otherwise, I'm mostly naked. I do my hair, makeup, put lotion on, jewelry, everything possible, and then put my clothes on DEAD LAST.

I actually don't care. Not even a little. :| I cared so little that I had forgotten about it until I read the previous post which reminded me of it, so I shared the story. Sorry if it offended you. That wasn't my intention.

I do think it's amusing though, since most people don't prance around naked in public for hours on end. They tend to want to get dressed ASAP. To me, the amusing part is not the nakedness - that's pretty standard for a locker room. The funny part is that she spent hours getting ready, completely naked the entire time. She's the only person I've seen doing that in the decades that I've been going to gyms. And of course I noticed it. She was there all the time with the same routine. You tend to notice people when you see them all the time.

Wait! I care! I never see women prancing around naked in the locker room where I work out. Maybe I'm at the wrong gym?

Try Planet fitness.
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Are you one of those people that brings all of your stuff to the shower with you and takes 15 minutes getting dressed, all the way to your shoes and jewelry, in the privacy of the shower while the rest of us are waiting in line?

Because there's my gym annoyance.

No. I hate that too. I just don't want women naked around me or talking to me while they are naked. There is nothing wrong with that. My new gym annoyance are women that have a problem with me having a problem with their nakedness :)
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    People using smart phones in the locker room! I have no way of knowing if they are just checking email or filming...Most likely the former, but it is unsettling!
    I teach water fitness classes and there are oftentimes​ swim lessons going on whilst my class is in session...I understand the parents wanting to video their little ones time in the pool, but I also know that me & my students (many of whom have body image issues) are in many a family film! Maybe I will be "discovered"!? Lol!
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    People doing curls in the squat rack