Are u the jealous type

Options

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Maybe I might have some naturally-occurring jealous tendencies, but my husband gives no reason, ever, for me to feel them. I've never been around when he's hit on, and when he tells me about it later I feel flattered. He wouldn't flirt back. It's not in his nature.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    finny11122 wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Nope..jealousy to me is a form of hate. This all takes too much of my energy.

I like your style Roxie . Jealousy is so unnecessary .

Necessity has absolutely zero to do with it.

You giving out to me :D Cheeky devil haha
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options

<3:*
    It's kind of like 'cravings' or 'hunger'. Are they necessary? Of course not. Do we feel those things anyway? Absolutely. Do we want to feel that? NO! Those feelings suck but somethings we can't always control. By the way, by 'we' I mean 'me' I can't speak for the masses. B)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Not usually jealous.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    lutzsher wrote: »
    I have been in a very happy marriage for 20 years and have never gotten jealous previously; however, there have been a few times when when I can see a sales clerk, or some woman while we are out somewhere, that is obviously flirting hard core with MY husband that I have secretly wanted to punch her in the face, haha. Guess that is what I signed up for when I married a handsome man! After a few moments I get to feel smug though when he ignores her and looks at me with love shining from his eyes.

We were out to dinner once and the waitress asked for my order and then before asking my husband what he wanted she crouched down so that he could have a full view of her tits in her low-cut shirt and she said, "and what would you like?"

Oh my god lol I was so pissed and I did not tip her, I just refused.

Women like that are the lowest of the low. When guys hit on me, husband takes it as a compliment. He trusts I'm not going to cheat on him and it means they want something he has, something they'll never have. I try very hard to think the way he does but it's just so vile and so disrespectful to pursue a married/attached person IMHO.

I could have happily murdered the random woman that spent the entire evening hanging off of my husband's arm and rubbing up against him in the pit at a Slayer concert as if I wasn't right there with him. She's lucky I have less interest in spending any time in prison than I had in rearranging her stupid face for her that day.
  • lisciousg24
    lisciousg24 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    I usually assume everyone is better than I am so instead of jealous I just feel a little sad I guess. In a relationship I've always been one to trust 100 percent because that is how I feel it should be and that is what I expect.

WHAT????
    No way! Look in the mirror. I'm sure you e got a great personality as well.
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has been on both sides of jealousy....U may have overreacted to something that happened that made ya jealous or u were with someone that was extremely jealous....But I still don't know what do ya do if ur not the instigator or ur not entertaining the other persons advances & it still becomes an issue .....???
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has felt some sort of jealousy at some point in their lives
    Nowadays I know I'm kinda awesome and everyone is jealous of me so I just accept this as my lot in life and carry on
  • MagneticGanymede
    MagneticGanymede Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My husband seems to never get jealous, talking about exes, old crushes, people flirting with me, nothing. Or at least he never says anything. I feel irrationally jealous over anything. Any talk of an ex-girlfriend (his mom brought up an ex-girlfriend in conversation and I felt jealous) definitely anyone flirting with him would lead to mild feelings of jealousy... (even without instigating or entertaining.) I don't know why I am this way and I've wondered. Insecurity? Maybe.
  • MagneticGanymede
    MagneticGanymede Posts: 180 Member
    Options

This is such an interesting idea. I will definitely think about that.
  • itsy_bitsy_spider
    itsy_bitsy_spider Posts: 292 Member
    Options

<3:*
    It's kind of like 'cravings' or 'hunger'. Are they necessary? Of course not. Do we feel those things anyway? Absolutely. Do we want to feel that? NO! Those feelings suck but somethings we can't always control. By the way, by 'we' I mean 'me' I can't speak for the masses. B)

^^ I agree with all of this. Those pesky little emotions, running amuck! *spanks feelings*

Plus, my jealousy is never based on someone flirting with the guy I'm feeling, but on his reaction TO the flirtation. It's based on principle. Because... consideration, people. Be nice with my heart.
  • Bro0000
    Bro0000 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Naw, life's too short to be jealous bro.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I used to be a jealous person. But what's the point? People are going to do what they are going to do and being jealous don't change that.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Not something I'm proud of but yes. I try really hard to hide it though. I get the most jealous when I'm with him and he's talking to someone else and ignoring me.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Not something I'm proud of but yes. I try really hard to hide it though. I get the most jealous when I'm with him and he's talking to someone else and ignoring me.

If that someone else is another woman, I'm out! That's outright disrespectful.
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    Do u ever explain how ya feel 2 other person if it bothers u or ya just fester?
  • schmanciepants
    schmanciepants Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    only jealous of happy relationships - and even then, it's probably more of a longing than jealousy.....mine is still out there - just haven't found it yet!
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    I think I over explain to my husband all my words just start to turn into. Background noise I need to learn to keep it short